Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2012, 09:16 PM   #376
Paulakoala
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSnowWhite
I would put my WDW and US planning in the same binder. But I just got an idea. Does anyone put their planning onto their smartphone? Most of the info could probably go onto there and the souvenirs and autographs etc could go into a binder?

For our recent DLR trip I did all my planning on the laptop then used Evernote to sync the pages to the iPad and iPhone. The iPad stayed in the hotel safe while we were out and I had everything handy on my phone. I had everything on there, from our daily schedule and ADRs to scans of our park tickets and photopass numbers. Any changes and updates could be made on the fly and synced automatically.

I've already started planning for WDW in Sept 2014.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #377
nicolepdonnelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulakoala View Post
For our recent DLR trip I did all my planning on the laptop then used Evernote to sync the pages to the iPad and iPhone. The iPad stayed in the hotel safe while we were out and I had everything handy on my phone. I had everything on there, from our daily schedule and ADRs to scans of our park tickets and photopass numbers. Any changes and updates could be made on the fly and synced automatically.

I've already started planning for WDW in Sept 2014.
This is the future of Disney Binders! How cool! I wish I had an iPhone
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #378
Kat73
Mouseketeer

I love seeing how creative everyone is!! I've got a mini three ring binder that I love for disney planning, but am afraid to go into the scrapbooking store because I always spend way too much LOL. I've been to Disney enough that I don't need all the planning info- I'm a "wing it" kinda gal- but I love my binder for a centralized place for all the important stuff. My favorite part is having lots of pockets for all the fun stuff I collect along the way

Pre-Thanksgiving 1989 Sept 11 2001 POFQ May 2002 CBR May 2003 Poly May 2004 Pop & CR Dec. 2005 POFQ & Poly First Solo trip-Feb. 2009 Girl's Trip Sept 2009 SSR F&W Oct. 2010 Pop F&W Half Marathon Nov. 2013
Kat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:20 PM   #379
LittleDino
Mouseketeer

I've shared my disney Itinerary Chart (for free) on my site. It's just a one page sheet - you could either add it to your binders, or just fill it out and carry it around by itself (for those of you that want to carry less to the parks). Here's the link: http://www.wdwhints.com/2012/04/usin...ing-chart.html

Chart links are at the bottom of the post. There's one filled out (example) and one that's blank - for you to fill out. A few of you might find it useful.
LittleDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:24 PM   #380
nicolepdonnelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDino View Post
I've shared my disney Itinerary Chart (for free) on my site. It's just a one page sheet - you could either add it to your binders, or just fill it out and carry it around by itself (for those of you that want to carry less to the parks). Here's the link: http://www.wdwhints.com/2012/04/usin...ing-chart.html

Chart links are at the bottom of the post. There's one filled out (example) and one that's blank - for you to fill out. A few of you might find it useful.
Thank you- very cool and very useful!
Old 08-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #381
fanoftigger
Mouseketeer

If anyone is interested in mini binders, I picked up a couple at Staples.

They are having a promotion for recycling binders, take in an old and get $2 off a new one. I took in 2 regular size and got $2 off each of the mini binders I wanted. The binders I wanted were 2 for $10, so I actually got both for $6.

And if you have staples rewards money available, it's even better!

I think the promotion runs through Aug 18th
fanoftigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:06 PM   #382
nan1217
Mouseketeer

Here's my Disney planning binder. Since I use it a lot, I decided to design it and have it custom made.

I also designed the 8 index tabs for inside...

The 8 tabs are labeled:
- General Info
- Hotel
- Dining
- Magic Kingdom
- EPCOT
- Hollywood Studios
- Animal Kingdom
- Everything Else

I pulled together 100 links for the kinds of things I put in each of those sections. Links to all downloads at http://wdwprepschool.com/a-peek-insi...ree-downloads/
Old 08-28-2012, 10:36 AM   #383
danicaca
Mouseketeer

Shannon, I just laughed out loud, literally. I just clicked on this thread, and thought I would post my pics of my binder here as well, and who do I see at the end? Too funny! Ok, so Shannon inspired me yesterday to get my binder done, and I also made a little journal to write in while we are on our trip - here goes:

[IMG] IMG_4603 by DanicaCanaday, on Flickr[/IMG]

A close up of the front:

[IMG] IMG_4604 by DanicaCanaday, on Flickr[/IMG]

The tabs:

[IMG] IMG_4606 by DanicaCanaday, on Flickr[/IMG]

And the journal. I picked this up in the dollar section at Michael's. It already had the red/white polka dot cover, I just embellished a bit!:

[IMG] IMG_4608 by DanicaCanaday, on Flickr[/IMG]

Hope that helps anyone else! I used the same categories as Shannon, and as soon as the trip gets closer, I will be printing off a lot of the stuff she linked to!
Danica

Last edited by danicaca; 08-28-2012 at 11:00 AM. Reason: photos did not show up
danicaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:05 PM   #384
Mrs.viv07
DIS Veteran

here is my version

I'm going to bombard you with pic of my homemade planner/binder/passporter whatever you want to call it. normally i just do spreadsheets and keep everything in a folder and it stays in the room and i bring a small daily spread shett each day with ADR info and whatnot.
this year i wanted something more
so i made my own.
i found this planner that is meant for grocery trips and list and customized it to my liking. i removed the binder clips that came with it and added my own.
so here you go. next update i will be posting my verison of mickey's grand welcome and also how we(I) plan on telling our odest that we are going.
keep tuned...no with further ado...my planning bible.
cover page

tittle page

Not sure if you can tell but i labeled each day with 1 2 3 4 ect.

Each day start with something similar to this, followed by the park map, then touring plans or cheat cheat or both

Viv DH DS DS DD

7 angels watching over us; including our daughter Kiara born sleeping jan 4, 2013

read our blog :http://vivnmichaelsworld.blogspot.com/

Before you leave an angry comment, read my entry at least twice to make sure you understand what I am saying, or accusing me will just make you sound really stupid. If reading it twice is too tedious for your brain, well what can i say. =)

follow my pre-trip report as i go crazy over planning for sept 2012:http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post45093687

read about our Jan 2007 trip here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1553770
Mrs.viv07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:06 PM   #385
Mrs.viv07
DIS Veteran

this is what we will be putting on the car AFTER we tell DS the awesome news.

and the back cover page

Viv DH DS DS DD

7 angels watching over us; including our daughter Kiara born sleeping jan 4, 2013

Before you leave an angry comment, read my entry at least twice to make sure you understand what I am saying, or accusing me will just make you sound really stupid. If reading it twice is too tedious for your brain, well what can i say. =)

follow my pre-trip report as i go crazy over planning for sept 2012:http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post45093687

read about our Jan 2007 trip here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1553770
Old 08-30-2012, 03:44 AM   #386
LuvSnowWhite
Mouseketeer

That looks awesome. What is the actual binder made of? Did you create it from scratch or use a premade binder. It looks like you are using two binder rings with some kind of back and front and it looks like you made all the inside pages and pockets correct?
LuvSnowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:22 AM   #387
Mrs.viv07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSnowWhite
That looks awesome. What is the actual binder made of? Did you create it from scratch or use a premade binder. It looks like you are using two binder rings with some kind of back and front and it looks like you made all the inside pages and pockets correct?
Thanks it was a grocery list organizer something or other I found at target. I was looking for day planners with binder rings but they had none. This one came with 2 grey rings but they weren't really functional for my purposes so I cut them off and used plain rings.

Viv DH DS DS DD

Old 09-02-2012, 03:47 AM   #388
tinkluvr23
Mouseketeer

@nan1217 - I love your tabs in your binder! How did you have those custom made? I would really like some of those!

I am also wondering what program people are using to make their dividers, spreadsheets ect...?

Last edited by tinkluvr23; 09-02-2012 at 04:50 AM.
tinkluvr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #389
nan1217
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkluvr23 View Post
@nan1217 - I love your tabs in your binder! How did you have those custom made? I would really like some of those!
Thanks! I designed them in a free program called Gimp (similar to Photoshop) and ordered on ThePaperWorker.com. I think the set of 8 was about $10.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #390
tinkluvr23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nan1217 View Post
Thanks! I designed them in a free program called Gimp (similar to Photoshop) and ordered on ThePaperWorker.com. I think the set of 8 was about $10.
Would you mind sharing the file? You did an amazing job!
tinkluvr23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: