Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #391
dismom9761
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca

I need to do that. We have an old VW Jetta that needs to get gone. We were going to fix it up for DS16 but I can buy the stuff to rebuild the Mini we have in the shed for a lot cheaper than trying to rebuild the Jetta (it has sat for 10 years).
DH just needs to get out there and haul it away.
We called a junkyard and they actually came and got it. We got $500 for it.
dismom9761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #392
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom9761 View Post
We called a junkyard and they actually came and got it. We got $500 for it.
We have a scrap metal place about 1/2 a mile down the road but they won't come haul anything. I can just load it up on the trailer and take it, he just needs to get off his butt and do it.

$500 is a great deal!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2012, 11:12 PM   #393
bettyann29
Heres my contribution for today...
It looks like everyone is trying to divert their eyes elsewhere
I cant eat the ones that are not folded or creased.. Does that make me crazy??

Location: Dallas/ Ft Worth Texas-- Dreaming of one day being closer to the House of the Mouse..

Havent been able to do too much lately.. I dont have much left, but looking forward to this long weekend so I can hopefully get the rest of it done.. I still havent been able to do my garage sale, but I have sold a few more things on the Facebook site, so I think I will repost my items and also post them on craigslist and see if I get any bites..

It would be nice to get rid of the last of the things I have..
bettyann29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:25 AM   #394
Tarheel Tink
Cosmos mariner-destination unknown
I've shown in obedience and know the thrill you must feel
Using "robots" means I can DIS

Location: North Carolina Coast (California, Oahu, New York,Washington D.C., etc. as a military brat)

We donated our van to Purple Heart. They arranged pick up and paperwork and we got a $500.00 deduction. If it had auctioned for more we would have gotten a new slip. Many charities will do this but we chose Purple Heart for personal reasons.

Tarheel Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:25 AM   #395
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

Attacked our sock drawers this morning. Any ideas on what to do with a LOT of old socks? I suspect I will end up using some for cleaning rags and tossing the rest.
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:45 PM   #396
4 Ears
previously 8 Ears

How about a daycare, library.... For puppets?
4 Ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:31 PM   #397
julirina
Close your mouth, Michael. We are not a codfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 Ears
How about a daycare, library.... For puppets?
I sincerely don't mean to sound snarky -- I appreciate the intent of this reply. I just know if I showed up at my library with a bag of old socks, they would smile, say thank you, and carry them immediately to the dumpster. Lol!!

julirina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:09 PM   #398
kinntj
DIS Veteran

Still working on decluttering/organizing the craft/laundry room. What a mess! I hope to be done with it this weekend.

School starts on Tuesday, so I will start on staining the playset. Long overdue and no distractions to get in my way. DH will help me set up hose and extension cord for the power washer. I hope the rain stays away.

Once the outside stuff is done, then I'll continue with decluttering inside.

We're back from our June 2014 Aulani trip!

Currently reading: Gone Girl
2014 Book challenge: 12
Insurgent, Allegiant, Eat Sleep Move, Unbroken, The Rosie Project,
kinntj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:56 PM   #399
Sagginit
DIS Veteran

so today i finally went to the salvation army and donated four bags of clothes and one of shoes. they would not take the tv i had, they had too many in stock to take another one. also have books which i may try to sell to a used bookstore.

in the last few weeks i think i have thrown out like 5 garbage bags of junk laying around and it feels so good. tomorrow i am throwing out my old beat up wonky bookshelf and dresser.

in doing this i have reorganized my shoes and wardrobe so i can find things again (no need to go shopping this fall!) and found a home for all my scrapbooking stuff in the living room. i can now say i scrap book again instead of i collect scrap booking supplies.

any ideas on what to do with the tv? i hate to throw it out as it still works but this thing has been sitting around my apt for over a year in a box.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:02 AM   #400
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagginit View Post
so today i finally went to the salvation army and donated four bags of clothes and one of shoes. they would not take the tv i had, they had too many in stock to take another one. also have books which i may try to sell to a used bookstore.

in the last few weeks i think i have thrown out like 5 garbage bags of junk laying around and it feels so good. tomorrow i am throwing out my old beat up wonky bookshelf and dresser.

in doing this i have reorganized my shoes and wardrobe so i can find things again (no need to go shopping this fall!) and found a home for all my scrapbooking stuff in the living room. i can now say i scrap book again instead of i collect scrap booking supplies.

any ideas on what to do with the tv? i hate to throw it out as it still works but this thing has been sitting around my apt for over a year in a box.
TV- you can try selling it on craigs list or yardsale since it works. If you dont want to deal with trying to sell it put it on the curb or your driveway with a sign that says FREE.

I just went through my piles of stuff to get rid of. I put all my Craigs list postings in one spot and organized it. Then a 2nd pile of stuff i need to take photos of and post on CL.

It's just way to hot to declutter-even with the air on-lol! I have a 3day weekend and hope to get some stuff done and sold.

Once it cools down I will attempt decluttering the garage

I cleaned up my room yesterday.

Goals for the weekend..
-shred papers
-post some more items on CL
Old 09-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #401
StephMK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsklamc View Post
Attacked our sock drawers this morning. Any ideas on what to do with a LOT of old socks? I suspect I will end up using some for cleaning rags and tossing the rest.
Our Goodwill will take "rag" type donations because they sell it to recycling places.

I finally got the two bins of kids' papers sorted and reduced the stacks to a reasonable box for each. I mostly saved the writing papers and artwork. It was cute looking at them from over the years.

I was still motivated and went through the papers that need to be filed. I have to call a few drs on Tuesday because the bills are not correct and I think ins. didn't pay something correctly. *sigh* I hate dealing w/health insurance & always put it off.

Also cleared off DD"s computer desk this week. Now that she's in college, I'm trying to get her room in order and cleared out!

I did not make a trip last weekend so I plan to haul the donations over there this weekend definitely. There is a good size pile in the garage. I have some kids' clothes I may try to sell but the rest is just going.

I think I"m going to go through the kids' vanity right now since I didn't get anything done last weekend. DD is the queen of bath products so there are several half used bottles up there.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 09-02-2012, 12:43 AM   #402
Sagginit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamin_disney View Post
TV- you can try selling it on craigs list or yardsale since it works. If you dont want to deal with trying to sell it put it on the curb or your driveway with a sign that says FREE.

L
sadly i don't even think anyone would take it, i see old tvs at the curb all the time around here! my mother has agreed to take custody of it since she has nothing that is that small and may put it to use in a spare bedroom.

the other items i may have an issue getting rid of are stuffed animals. thrift stores won't take them for fear of bed bugs. since they are NWT i think i will hold onto them until december and donate them to a holiday toy drive.

isn't it ironic when you can't even give away perfectly useful stuff and the economy is tanking?
Old 09-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #403
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagginit View Post
sadly i don't even think anyone would take it, i see old tvs at the curb all the time around here! my mother has agreed to take custody of it since she has nothing that is that small and may put it to use in a spare bedroom.

the other items i may have an issue getting rid of are stuffed animals. thrift stores won't take them for fear of bed bugs. since they are NWT i think i will hold onto them until december and donate them to a holiday toy drive.

isn't it ironic when you can't even give away perfectly useful stuff and the economy is tanking?
That seems to be an East Coast issue as my mom is in VA and was telling me the same things. I can donate those things to the goodwills here (they sell used stuffies and old tvs) and if I tried to give it away I'd have a dozen people after the stuff in just mins.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:12 PM   #404
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

Anyone have any luck getting rid of old VHS movies? Wondering if a library would have use for them anymore.
June 1998 Offsite // June 2008 Pop Century // March 2009 Pop Century // August 2009 Wilderness Lodge // May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL // May 2013 Art of Animation Nemo Suite // May 2014 Windsor Hills // October 2014 All Star Sports // December 2014 Grand Floridian & Windsor Hills //
dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #405
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

We took our vhs tapes to Goodwill.
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: