Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2012, 02:52 AM   #1
Kare56bear
Mouseketeer

Book

Was wondering if anybody knows any good books about Disney. Not guides or anything but fiction or something or cast member storys. I am leaving in 6 days I want something to read on my way there. I am driving down
Old 08-25-2012, 06:48 AM   #2
DisFanJen
Disney Phreak

If you like a bit of fantasy then the Kingdom keepers books are a good read. For more behind the scenes stuff, there are some 'imagineer' books out there but I think they tend to be what I'd call a coffee table book, so a little on the large side and maybe not great for reading in a car.

And of course there's "Walt, the Man Behind the Myth'

I'm sure there are loads more out there though but for some reason nothing else comes to mind.

Follow my tweets for pre-trip and live trip reports as well as the usual inane Twitter chatter at: http://twitter.com/disneyfanjen

5/98 - DL(Off Site), 5/03 - WDW(Off Site), 2/04 - WDW(Off Site), 9/04 - WDW(Off Site), 12/05 - WDW(Off Site), 10/06 - WDW(AKL), 5/07 - WDW(SSR), 9/07 - WDW(SSR), 12/07 - WDW(SSR), 2/08 - WDW(Poly & GF), 12/08 - WDW(OKW, Wonder), 3/10 - WDW(AKL), 2/11 - WDW(OKW), 12/11 - WDW(SSR, OKW, Dream), 9/12 - WDW (OKW, Dream), 1/14 WDW (OKW, Fantasy), 11,14 (OKW, Dream)
DisFanJen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2012, 09:56 AM   #3
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Moving to our Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music Forum. Check out that forum for threads on books you might want to look for.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:58 AM   #4
Kare56bear
Mouseketeer

Where is that
Old 08-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #5
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

Karen take a look at Amazon. There are a bunch of books on Disney from history to fiction to real-life cast member material. I read one about working for the mouse that had a title something like that. You'll also find a selection of books at WDW(hint: If you like the big, heavy coffee table books, order them when you get home so you don't have to schlep them home on a plane)
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:56 PM   #6
bombshellz
Earning My Ears

I also have to recommend the Kingdom Keepers series. The first book is what really got me excited to go to WDW. Also Walt Disney: Young Movie Maker shows what Walt was like as a child.
bombshellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:09 PM   #7
bombshellz
Earning My Ears

I also have to recommend the Kingdom Keepers series. The first book is what really got me excited to go to WDW. Also Walt Disney: Young Movie Maker shows what Walt was like as a child.
bombshellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:32 PM   #8
Peanut Giggleface
Embarrassing my children... just another service I provide.

I also recommend the Kingdom Keepers series. Excellent!! These books are about the parks and what mischief goes on after dark and the parks close. Fun reading for sure.

Another good series is Peter and the Starcatchers. It's based on Peter Pan, how he became the boy who never grew old, why he is able to fly, where Tink came from, where the lost boys came from and then all the adventures they shared.
Peanut Giggleface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:46 PM   #9
skissugar
Earning My Ears

kingdom keepers, peter and the starcatchers, the key to the kingdom by jeff dixon, hidden mickey (series of 4 books), hidden mickey adventures (1 book spins off the previous 4)

I have all but peter and the starcatchers on my kindle app on my ipad (and iphone lol) all good books
skissugar is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: