Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2012, 02:00 PM   #31
Disneywedding2010
DIS Veteran

Okay, so I hit ONEDERLAND back in July and kept going back and forth on what I wanted to "reward" myself with. Finances are tight right now and I'm still pondering. I think I've decided at my next big goal (still debating on that as well, LOL) that I want a recumbent bike (if finances allow it).

I've not rode a real bike in years and quite frankly the idea scares me, LOL. I have my treadmill and pool to use for cardio but some days I just want to plop down on a bike, turn the tv on and go to town. I'm hoping at some point to make this a reality but not sure when that will be exactly.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #32
KayTom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kollerbear View Post
Welcome Kayleigh! I lived in the UK during high school and my family is still over there (outside of Guildford, SW of London). Sounds like you're possibly looking to start running? It seems like you came to the right place! So many runners here!
Thankyou!

How funny, we don't live far from Guildford at all. In fact, we were there at TGI's 3 or 4 weeks ago.

It does feel like i've come to the right place. I was feeling a bit rubbish earlier that my weight loss wasn't going as quickly as i hoped, but with a lil pep talk from the DBf, followed by this thread, i'm in a really good place

Kristina, your story and pics are so inspirational. I'm sorry for your loss, i can't imagine how horrific that must have been for you. It's lovely to hear how you've picked yourself up and have someone special in your life again xx

My very optimistic goal is to hit Onederland for January 10th 2013, which is our holiday/vacation date. I'm currently at 243.5. Fingers crossed and a lot of star jumps later, it just might happen
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2012, 08:42 PM   #33
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

I need to come back! I have gained about 15 pounds over the summer and need some accountability help and support to get it back off and to take 50 of its friends with it!

I started a full time job on Monday. I am beyond exhausted. I am sure some of that is because I have eaten so crappy the last 3 months that I am in terrible shape. My head it spinning from all the information I have been trying to absorb. For those that know me from the previous challenges I got a full time position as the front office clerk (secretary) at my child's school. It is wonderful but very different from the guidance office secretary I did the long term sub jobs in. I think I would eventually like to move up to that position but this one is better for myself and the family right now. This office is, however, a lot less supportive of my weight loss efforts than the last one. So far they have teased me about my oversized lunch bag and the components of my salad. But they were also the first people at the school to notice last year that I had lost quite a bit so they are curious about what I am eating.

Not sure how often I will be able to post. Right now I can barely keep my eyes open and may end up going to bed earlier than my kids.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:28 AM   #34
disneymom2one
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.

I'm in

Hi everyone!

I'm MB. Three years ago, I weighed 257 pounds and began to get serious about losing it. I won the BL Summer 2010 challenge and by Christmas of 2010 I was down all the way to 176. But then, I just lost all momentum. I gained back some weight in the next year and last spring I was up to 205. Not good.

The good news is that I restarted again last spring and just about a week ago, I hit 100 pounds lost. I weigh 156 as of this morning. This time, I completely changed my lifestyle. I finally went vegetarian and I got very serious about working out. I now work out at least two hours a day (3 mile run followed by a 4 mile walk every morning and usually something else later in the day). This weekend, I'm running my very first 5K (so nervous as I'm slow) and I'm registered for the 5K at Disney at the end of September. At best I'm a 13 mm runner but I am a runner and for that, I'm so grateful. I'm determined that I will continue on this path. Gaining the weight back was not fun but I learned a lot from the experience.

I would still like to take off about 25 more (I'm 5'4) so I'm joining this challenge to stay motivated.

What else? I'm 43, married for almost 20 years. My dh and I both teach college math (me on a part time basis with three classes this fall). We have a beautiful daughter who is a high school junior. She is both gifted and special needs which keeps us on our toes but is doing wonderfully well right now. We live in Florida but nowhere near the Mouse. DVC members but currently doing a lot more US/IOA because our daughter has suddenly decided she loves coasters so we go to US/IOA and let her ride to her heart's content. We'll even be there the weekend of the 5K!

Thanks for having me!

---living in paradise and vacationing with the Mouse

--- DVC members - OKW

disneymom2one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:33 AM   #35
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Okay.... I'm here to claim my spot! I'm getting lonely on the summer thread, so I guess it is time to make the move!..................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:38 AM   #36
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoscrap View Post

I need to come back! I have gained about 15 pounds over the summer and need some accountability help and support to get it back off and to take 50 of its friends with it!

I started a full time job on Monday. I am beyond exhausted. I am sure some of that is because I have eaten so crappy the last 3 months that I am in terrible shape. My head it spinning from all the information I have been trying to absorb. For those that know me from the previous challenges I got a full time position as the front office clerk (secretary) at my child's school. It is wonderful but very different from the guidance office secretary I did the long term sub jobs in. I think I would eventually like to move up to that position but this one is better for myself and the family right now. This office is, however, a lot less supportive of my weight loss efforts than the last one. So far they have teased me about my oversized lunch bag and the components of my salad. But they were also the first people at the school to notice last year that I had lost quite a bit so they are curious about what I am eating.

Not sure how often I will be able to post. Right now I can barely keep my eyes open and may end up going to bed earlier than my kids.
Hey stranger! Glad to see you back!..............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:42 AM   #37
belledreamer
Hello Sweetie... <3
Nothing like reaching a goal to keep you motivated!

So now that Isaac has passed, I'm ready to give my intro!

Hi there! I'm Ashley (or Ash as some people call me) and this is my 2nd BL challenge!

I was overweight for most of my teenage years, using food as a comfort for when ever I was stressed and I could eat. I was doing fast food at least 3 times a week, some kind of dessert after every meal, barely drinking water, and barely eating fruits and veggies. I wouldn't be surprised if I was averaging 3,000 calories a day...

I wasn't very concerned about my weight and lifestyle (we think at my heaviest I was between 225-230) until I had a scare in December 2011 with my blood pressure being really high. That did it.

I joined my 1st BL challenge on Jan 1 at I think 210 lbs and thanks to the tips and support from everyone here (plus knowing I had to weigh in which held back the temptations) I'm starting this challenge 40lbs lighter from my heaviest weight and at a normal blood pressure!

Everybody's been asking what diet I'm on and are totally surprised when I tell them I'm not. It's not a diet; it's a lifestyle change and I think that's what's helped the most. I've pretty much cut out red meat from my diet (have fallen in love with baked tilapia and mushrooms), I don't eat fast food anymore, my drink of choice is water instead of coke, I've joined my local gym, and one of my mom's friends does free Zumba classes so we try to go every week. And I feel so much better with myself. I don't mind showing some skin now and wearing more figure-flattering clothes and have much more energy to do the things I want to do. Not too mention that I reached my goals to wear my Cinderella dress and my rings again.

Got alot planned during this challenge; a possible race, another picture taking session with a friend of mine and a Disney World trip and TR that I'm planning on calling, "Taking on the World 40lbs lighter!"

Can't wait to get to know everyone again!
Old 08-31-2012, 10:58 AM   #38
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

I love reading all of your stories!! They are sooo encouraging and just makes me smile!!! I know we've all had those days where we inch back up that scale...but these challenges really help put an end to those!!

Here's my story.
9th grade...weighed 120, 10th grade weighed 220...(bad homelife during those years)
First year of college, lost 90 pounds to hit 130-135 and maintained for 8 years until our first child....horrible nausea for 9 months, gained 65 pounds, 2 years later (had only lost 25 and gained 45 with 2nd baby, then 8 weeks later got pregnant AGAIN with third and only gained 25-30 but by then I was hitting 230)
By the time my youngest was 6, I had lost down to 174...from a high of 233...but then, like many of you, life got the better of me, we had 2 mortgages for 31 months and I gained (unbelievably!) up to 265!!! I almost died when I weighed!! That was last November...I am down oh weight, I"m only down 75 pounds..duh, I added wrong and thought it was 80..OH DEAR ME!! On another post I said I hit 80 pound clippie, but it's just the 75 one! So, I have about 40 more pounds to go to hit goal (150)..I am 5'8 and honestly, not sure what this body will look like at 150..145 may be my final goal or even 155...but no thinking about it until I get there

So happy to have the pounds gone and am starting to see big changes in my body!! Still working on the energy part, I'm 44 and just sluggish a lot, I try to walk 30 miles a week on good weeks and try to not go below 15 on busy ones. I swim when I can, we have a pool that has NOT had me in it enough this summer...but making every day a new one and make it count!

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:06 AM   #39
KDIPIAZZ
Mouseketeer

Count me in for the fall challenge!!! I lost 26 pounds during the summer challenge and am really looking forward to moving into Onederland!
KDIPIAZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:28 PM   #40
Octoberbride03
I think Tweetie done gone Cuckoo
Been there, done that, married the man!

Alrighty popping in again

I got the lists updated with all who have pmed me so far

I see some names who haven't, so just let me know when you have time. I promise i don't bite.

I love reading the stories and seeing the pictures. I will post pics of myself when I get time. Honestly, I should be cleaning right now, can't seem to get up the gumption
Old 08-31-2012, 01:48 PM   #41
kollerbear
Mouseketeer

I'm so excited to see everyone, too. Poor Pamela, it WAS getting lonely over on the Summer boards... Not that I should talk, I wasn't being talkative myself-- but I have an excuse!! I was figuring out the spreadsheet and now I've got that spreadsheet ready and waiting for everyone's weigh-ins next Friday (yaaayyy!).

Anyway... I managed somehow to lose NO WEIGHT in the 6-7 weeks or so I was in the Summer challenge... travelling, not taking things seriously, only intermittant tracking... gah! The Fall is going to be no games--recipes in MyFitnessPal, back into the habit of cooking, ready to rumble. You all have inspired me with your stories and I know that being 1/2way to my goal is not good enough, I CAN make it all the way!!

On a side note, what IS IT WITH PASTA??? I grew up eating it every day. My mom was an adherent to 80s/90s nutrition--high carbs!! I actually have a vivid memory one morning of her saying when I was in elementary school after learning about the food pyramid: "Most everyone eats too much protein, you could have two day's worth of protein in a serving of peanut butter" (I also recently found out from my dad that my family essentially went vegetarian because my mom doesn't like the mess of cooking with meat... so when someone asks, "oh, you're vegan because of health reasons? ethical reasons?" it's like, "Oh, no, it was my mom's OCD..." I would NEVER say that, but it's just funny... ) I LOVE my mother SO SO MUCH, btw, it's just funny to realize the odd reasons sometimes for how we got to be who we are!

So pasta is my favorite food in the world and I'm sickeningly addicted. Every other food I make I manage to eat one serving and I'm happy. But PASTA??? I only make it once a week or every other week because I know I have this problem, but seriously every time I make it, no matter how much I've planned for it, I make a good, high-veggie, lower calorie recipe, and EVERY TIME I CAN'T STOP EATING IT. I made a GREAT pasta salad last night, and I somehow ate FOUR SERVINGS. I say somehow, I know HOW it happened... no excuses. But still!!! GAHHHH so BAD!!! From now on I told Matt that I am going to be serving out my serving, his serving, and then packing it up for lunch BEFORE WE EVEN SIT DOWN TO EAT.

Sigh. Pasta.

Me (27)--> <--DF (26), Ella, Panther, Sasha, Abigail
kollerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:05 PM   #42
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Looks like I skipped an intro of myself (this is c&p from my wish journal)

My name is Rebekah and I will be 31 this year and have struggled all of my life with my weight. Up, down, up, down, and lately it's been up up up up. I weight more now than the day I gave birth to my 3.5 year old. Needless to say, it's out of hand.

About 7.5 years ago I started to get my act together because I knew that I would be getting engaged soon and wanted a jump start on weight loss. I did weight watchers and step classes at the gym and lost about 60 lbs. I was 130 on my wedding day! Fast forward to present day and I'm around 210 and I'm only 5foot 4. Yikes!

I did WW about a year ago and tried doing it on line with a friend, we both lost about 20 lbs and gained it back. Her and I are too much of the same type of person, health wise I think we are toxic for each other. We talk about it constantly and how we are going to change, how this time will be different, etc. well, all this talk and we are both overweight and desperately need a swift kick to our big butts! I know of one of us really succeeds it would help the other tremendously and I hope this will be the time for us!

It doesn't help that my husband loves to eat junk and is skinny as a rail! He is very supportive but I always seem to forget I can't eat the same stuff he does or it will be with me forever. I'm so careful about what my son eats so that he is healthy and I want to be a good example for him. I honestly feel like his pediatrician probably is silently judges me when they ask about his diet and eating habits during check ups. Who is going to believe that the overweight mom feeds her kid right? Well, I do. I may let him have 1/2 a muffin but then I turn around and eat 2. You know how it goes. I want better for him than for myself but I won't be able to keep doing that if I fall over dead.

I'm doing Jeff Galloway's conditioning plan since I'm a far cry from active. Nov 11 I am planning on doing a 5k with the hopes of a 1/2 marathon in Disney 2013.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:37 PM   #43
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Okay.... I'm here to claim my spot! I'm getting lonely on the summer thread, so I guess it is time to make the move!..................P
I saw you talking to yourself other there so I wrote something!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Hello! My name is Jill and this is my 4th challenge. Since last fall I have lost 23 pounds. My goal was to be 135 by the end of summer, but I am 140. So, I want to kick this last 5-10 pounds! The fall challenge is always tough for me because I love Fall. I love pumpkin and Thanksgiving and Christmas cookies

I am 35 and married (to a DH, by the way, who can eat an entire pizza and lose 5 pounds!!). I also have 2 wonderful, silly, boys (9 and 6). I am a teacher at an alternative ed program. I teach 4-12th grade Social Studies/History. I am also a special education teacher, so I do A LOT of paperwork. My job is very trying and I tell people that if we don't laugh, we cry lol.

As far as exercise goes, I love it. I run, but I haven't run in about a month since I went back to spinning class. I go to circuit training and try to squeeze in yoga if I can. I also just bought a dvd set at Ollies for $7.99! Whoohoo! I'm hoping it's similar to P90? It's called Supreme 90 Day. It has 10 dvds and a 90 day schedule. I think I saw it at Walmart as well. So, days I do not make it to the gym, I try to do something at home. I'll be trying a dvd from my new set this weekend.

I'm hoping that now that school has started and my schedule is more normal, I will be on to post daily. I can't wait to get started! Yay Losers!!

Jill
Old 08-31-2012, 11:04 PM   #44
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

My intro

This will be my first BL challenge so I guess you all would like to know a little bit about me.

I have battled my weight most of my life with a high of 310 # in 2000. I have tried every "diet" out there and have managed to gain and loose and gain a few hundred pounds over the years. Now at 230, down from 246, when I started running June 24.

In June I was chatting with a friend who like me was also going to turn 50 this year and wanted to make a change. She does not have a weight issue.

On June 24 we made a pack to run a half marathon before we turned 51 SOOOOOO what better than to sign up for a Disney race. I will be running the Tinkerbell HM in January. I have never run before in my life so this is a big change for me.

I am a nurse and work 12 hr days 3 days a week and am really busy on those days. On my days off I'm kind of a slug. So I have set about to change that and am doing Jeff Galloways training for the HM. I run 3 days a week and am looking for cross training to do 3 days a week and then one day of rest.

By the way I hit that 50th birthday in August. Mom/stepmom of 6 gmom of 4 with 3 more on the way. None of them in the house so really quite with just DH and the cat.

I am looking forward to the support on this thread. I may not post much next week as we will be visiting the mouse, and trying to temper the junk food eating, but I will be here after that.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:00 AM   #45
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

I'm in for this challenge

I will be back later this weekend. I need to put collars and sleeves on 4 maids costumes for My Fair Lady today so I want to get that done.

Have a happy and healthy day
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: