Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2012, 04:41 PM   #16
jazz0007
DIS Veteran

We've gone there quite a few times as well. I'm with the camp that says it's ok.....nothing to rave about but nothing terrible. The atmosphere is pretty. We would go back (and are in October ). I think you should try it if you've never been. There are SOME people that don't think it's awful!!
Old 08-31-2012, 06:41 PM   #17
noahdove
DIS Veteran

We tried there in early August and never again...nothing was good at all...I feel we wasted a meal on the dining plan...
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2012, 06:45 PM   #18
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

I had to laugh because as I'm reading the reviews and thinking, "when did it become the norm to go to a restaurant where the best of the reviews are "it's not horrible"? and those are the best reviews.

Let me ask you, would you try a restaurant at home where 70% of the people said it was terrible and the other 30 basically said it was nothing to rave about but edible?

just thought it was funny
Old 08-31-2012, 10:58 PM   #19
LeahA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
I had to laugh because as I'm reading the reviews and thinking, "when did it become the norm to go to a restaurant where the best of the reviews are "it's not horrible"? and those are the best reviews.

Let me ask you, would you try a restaurant at home where 70% of the people said it was terrible and the other 30 basically said it was nothing to rave about but edible?

just thought it was funny

I like hearing other people's OPINIONS and their REVIEWS, but I would like to try it myself, if it sucks, then we won't go again. I am not on the Dining Plan and we are travelling during the Holiday Season. We have eaten at LTT the last several years and don't want counter service.
SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT-X2
OLD KEY WEST
WILDERNESS LODGE
POLYNESIAN
POP CENTURY
LeahA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:55 AM   #20
MinnieLee
DIS Veteran

We like to try a new restaurant every trip and DH and I went to Tony's one trip. It was nothing to write home about. Edible but not great. Not one of the restuarants we would go back to anytime soon. Atmosphere was nice but not worth going back for atmosphere when there are so many other choices.

MinnieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:32 AM   #21
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahA View Post
I like hearing other people's OPINIONS and their REVIEWS, but I would like to try it myself, if it sucks, then we won't go again. I am not on the Dining Plan and we are travelling during the Holiday Season. We have eaten at LTT the last several years and don't want counter service.
I wasn't trying to criticize or talk anyone out of it. I was just thinking of how when I'm home and looking for a new place to eat, I read reviews on yelp or tripadvisors. I would never think of trying a place at home if 70% of the reviews were bad. maybe it's because I live in a big city so just way to many other options...
but at disney, I would be tempted to try it....

That's all it just struck me as odd.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:04 AM   #22
forever11709
Mouseketeer

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Tony's! I cancelled a le cellier ADR on my last trip to go to Tony's, it is almost always our last meal before we leave to come home and I LOVE their chicken parm, and my mom loves thee spag n meatballs I know I'm the odd one out here but it is a must do in my book ..

Mommy Molly & Daddy (will I ever get him to go HOME with me?)

Molly's Trips -- July 2011 Beach Club October 2012 Beach Club October 2013 Yacht Club -- Will this child ever stay in a non-deluxe?!?!?!
forever11709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #23
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

We really enjoy Tony's. We have eaten there several times over the years and never had anything but a very enjoyable meal, with great service, great atmosphere and think its far from "not horrible".

Now, I do notice that many people who do not care for Tony's are from the east coast where excellent, non chain Italian restaurants are all over the place. I live in a suburb of Denver and the only Itailan around here is Olive Garden. So that is my story and if anyone wants to argue with me about how much Tony's sucks, go right ahead!

Its all about different tastes for different folks. Remember, that if you search a username of someone that hates Tony's, you might see them post on another thread about a restaurant they love, that you hate!

My dh always gets the steak, last time (in April of this year) I got the tilapia and risotto (was a special), ds got the steak and dd got the lasagne. We all loved it and the desserts were really good. I LOVE their pistachio creme brulee.

I have to say this place gets the most dedicated haters of any other restaurant but for us, we enjoy it.

I am bummed, I can't get a ressie for dinner at all for our October trip but LTT, Crystal Palace and the Plaza all have many openings. So somebody besides me likes Tony's!

Amy&Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:08 PM   #24
Vidia1975
Earning My Ears

We actually tried Tony's our last trip in Nov/Dec and Loved it. DH & I both got the braised lamb shank. I thought it was one of the best meals I've eaten in a while. We liked it so much, we're going back on our next trip in 2wks (the 1st night actually).

2013 POR (RGR), 2012 GF, 2011 BCCL & Poly, 2010 AKKV & GF, 2009 AKL (Jambo), 2008 CSR, 2007 ASMo, 2005 DisneyLand (offsite), 1990 DisneyWorld (offsite), 1989 Disney World (offsite), 1980 Disney World
Vidia1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:52 PM   #25
TheRustyScupper
GKTW coordinator. Kiwanis and SCORE Volunteer. Make-A-Wish board. Average Banjo Picker. Pretty good sailing captain.

Our Ratings of Tony's Town Square (Dinner): (12/12/2011)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: D
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: Not something to write home about. Meat
dishes are average and Italian entrees are akin to
Chef-BOY-AR-DEE; tomato sauce, but definitely not a
marinara. The appetizers are average. In a pinch,
will do, but there are far better choices. Desserts
are simple, but pretty good. Hard to justify going
the first time, let alone going back.
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #26
laceemouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahA View Post
We ate at Tony's a few years ago and loved what we got. We plan to try it again this December. We have eaten at other places that everyone loves and not liked them. LTT is just like Boston Market to us. To each his own
Old 09-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #27
laceemouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidia1975 View Post
We actually tried Tony's our last trip in Nov/Dec and Loved it. DH & I both got the braised lamb shank. I thought it was one of the best meals I've eaten in a while. We liked it so much, we're going back on our next trip in 2wks (the 1st night actually).
Old 09-01-2012, 09:16 PM   #28
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
Any option is better than Tony's. Go inside, take a picture (It's a lovely restaurant) and then leave. Do not eat the food, it is the only restaurant on Disney that I describe the food as down right NASTY.
My son's chicken parmagina was burnt. waitress was appalled. other son had spaghetti that was overcooked and mushy, my seafood dish was chewy and tasted bad, dh can't even remember his lasgna. These are basic italian dishes and they were all gross.

I like the plaza, limited selection, mainly sandwiches and salads but good.

I'd starve before eating at TTS again. seriously
These are my thoughts exactly,...i only disagree about the appearance, I think its cold and uninviting. I dont think its pretty at all. As for the food, its absolutely disgusting. I would never set one toe in that restaurant as long as i live. I cant believe they call that italian food. In what world? Your way better off eating at The Plaza, or LTT, or even CP! Anything but Tony's.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:18 PM   #29
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever11709 View Post
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Tony's! I cancelled a le cellier ADR on my last trip to go to Tony's, it is almost always our last meal before we leave to come home and I LOVE their chicken parm, and my mom loves thee spag n meatballs I know I'm the odd one out here but it is a must do in my book ..

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #30
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

We actually really enjoyed Tonys. I would definitely go back!! I had a flatbread and pistachio Creme Brûlée. It was pretty darn good .

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: