Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #91
jerseytinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Your YS meal looks fantastic! Your dessert looks like absolute heaven! I am seriously kicking myself for not ordering it on my last trip. I will admit that I don't have as much willpower as you because I ate 3 of those rolls last time. Carb overload!
jerseytinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:32 PM   #92
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Glad your meal was wonderful! It's again on our dining docket!!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #93
jabead
DIS Veteran

Mmmm...YSH, one of my favorites! I love their filet and mashed potatoes...so delicious! Glad to hear you enjoyed your first experience there.

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:12 PM   #94
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

YS...can-not-wait for our meal in Dec. It will be our first time going there and I had already decided on the lobster bisque, so I was excited to see you order it.

That dessert looks very good too!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #95
jmm476
DIS Veteran

YSH looks fantastic. Great review!
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:14 PM   #96
disnut1149
DIS Veteran

Hi
Can't wait to hear about Universal. I was there last year and the frozen butterbeer is delicious!!
1972 Offsite, 1978 Offsite, 1980 Dutch Inn, 1989 Comfort Inn, 1990 CBR, 1993 Peabody, 1996 AllStar Sports, 1997 Dixie Landings, 2000 Holiday Inn Family Suites, 2001 Marriott World Center, 2004 Pop Century, 2005 Pop Century, 2006 Pop Century Aug & Dec, 2007 Pop Century Aug & CSR Dec., 2008 WL & POFQ Aug. & AS Sports Dec., 2009 Pop Aug., Pop Oct & CBR Dec., 2010 POR Sept & CBR Oct., 2011 CSR May & Pop & Akl
Nov., 2014 CSR Sept.
disnut1149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:53 PM   #97
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance

Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)

YS looks so delicious, I'm even sadder now that it's closed during our upcoming BC stay. Great reviews though! Also, I love the term 'glad rags'!
BlovesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:49 PM   #98
butiflfeet
DIS Veteran

Yachtsman looks as good as ever! I can't wait to try it for the first time during our next trip

butiflfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:46 PM   #99
scojos
I want to be Tinkerbell and fly on the wire to start wishes
Thinks Disney studies should be taught in all schools

subbing, hello fellow brit

we were thinking of subbing our reg leC for YSH, only do "nice" steak, as not a huge beef eater (how terribly british lmao) and choc/peanut dessert might be the deciding factor lol!!

we d be taking 3 kids 15-10, is it child friendly??
tracy
2010 - 2 weeks SSR free DDP 1 week creekside villa
2013- 2 weeks okw free ddp[/SIZE]
me dh ds1 ds2dd
scojos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #100
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

So glad you had a wonderful meal at Yachtmans. We have eaten there the last several trips and loved it. Wonderful food and service. So relaxing too. Enjoying your dining review SO much!

Angel16
Old 09-07-2012, 04:14 AM   #101
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Glad you had a great meal at yachtsman - everything looks fantastic
It was really amazing - can't believe we haven't been there before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseytinkerbell View Post
Your YS meal looks fantastic! Your dessert looks like absolute heaven! I am seriously kicking myself for not ordering it on my last trip. I will admit that I don't have as much willpower as you because I ate 3 of those rolls last time. Carb overload!
The dessert was just perfect for me - I love that chocolate/salty/peanut combination. Oh, the rolls were lovely - it's too hard to resist them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Glad your meal was wonderful! It's again on our dining docket!!
Fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Mmmm...YSH, one of my favorites! I love their filet and mashed potatoes...so delicious! Glad to hear you enjoyed your first experience there.
Yes, it's always a relief when you like a new place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
YS...can-not-wait for our meal in Dec. It will be our first time going there and I had already decided on the lobster bisque, so I was excited to see you order it.

That dessert looks very good too!
The bisque was delicious - just as good as I hoped it would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post
YSH looks fantastic. Great review!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnut1149 View Post
Hi
Can't wait to hear about Universal. I was there last year and the frozen butterbeer is delicious!!
I promise I'll get on it soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlovesC View Post
YS looks so delicious, I'm even sadder now that it's closed during our upcoming BC stay. Great reviews though! Also, I love the term 'glad rags'!
Oh, that's a shame! Yes, we do use some funny terms!

Quote:
Originally Posted by butiflfeet View Post
Yachtsman looks as good as ever! I can't wait to try it for the first time during our next trip
You won't regret it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scojos View Post
subbing, hello fellow brit

we were thinking of subbing our reg leC for YSH, only do "nice" steak, as not a huge beef eater (how terribly british lmao) and choc/peanut dessert might be the deciding factor lol!!

we d be taking 3 kids 15-10, is it child friendly??
tracy
Most Disney restaurants are hugely child friendly - and YSH is no exception - it had a very laid back feel - I'm sure they will be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
So glad you had a wonderful meal at Yachtmans. We have eaten there the last several trips and loved it. Wonderful food and service. So relaxing too. Enjoying your dining review SO much!

Angel16
Thanks so much for reading! I have had the dreaded back to work situation going on this week so I haven't had the time or energy to update as much as I would have liked. I will get onto the next part soon - promise!
mamaboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:16 AM   #102
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Lovely review of the YM, I agree the filet there is wonderful!
Old 09-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #103
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Universal - Day 1

So - off we went to Universal for two nights! This was a new experience for us - we normally just had a day trip out there. This would result in us having very long, tiring hot days when we had to cram everything in before going back to WDW.

We stayed in the Hard Rock Hotel and we absolutely loved it. It was so convenient being on the doorstep and meant we got all sorts of perks. The first night we were there we decided to eat in the hotel at The Kitchen.

This was a very good idea - there were some interesting choices on the menu and the service was very good.

We were brought out some cornbread and rolls to start with:

I had a cheeky little cocktail - I think it was a mai tai:

Here are the girls:

I had this wonderful chicken pot pie - so rich and creamy with a buttermilk biscuit topping:

Kate and Simon both had houmungus burgers:

Sarah had macaroni cheese:

This was a really lovely meal. All the food was well cooked and tasty and the atmosphere in the restaurant was really relaxed and friendly. We were a bit sad that wouldn't get chance to eat here again during our stay.

Big Fatty rating: 7 out of 10

Coming up - Bubba Gumps
mamaboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:50 AM   #104
ShortStuff
Mouseketeer

Wow, your meal at YS looked wonderful! I have never eaten there, but would love to go for the onion pull apart rolls alone. My gosh, your steak looked so good! I would love to pair that, with your DH potato dish, as that looked wonderful as well!

I must say, that the food at the kitchen looked good, but the cornbread looked great! My grandmother used to always make cornbread in a cast iron skillet and it was the best!

Looking forward to more!! Did you have butter beer?
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:54 PM   #105
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Shari! How did I let 7 pages of your fabulous reviews get by me before I noticed?? I'm so sorry but I am so glad to read through and get caught up!!!

First I have to say that you have such lovely daughters!!

Onto the food.... so glad to see a Kona pineapple upside down cake! I have wanted to see that.

They have the dessert viewmasters back at 50's PT - haven't seen those any time that we have been but I've read about them. Love that place!

Ahhh your Yachtsman review brought back great memories! That filet is heavenly.

I'm here now and following along.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: