Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2012, 02:38 PM   #16
Mickey's Biggest Fan
Albytaps's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,838

Thanks for the support all, it means a lot.

extraredstuff - Hospice is something I looked into already and when she is in pain and uncomfortable (which she's not right now) we will get that care for her.

My family and I have moved into her house now, and she's loving seeing her granddaughters all the time. It's the one thing that lifts her spirits so high. Everyone she knows has been calling and coming to visit, and we all let her know how much we love and care for her.

I'm still talking with doctors to see if there's anything else we can do, but up to this points, any treatment would just make her uncomfortable and will not work. In other words, it's not worth it to try anything drastic as the outcome will be the same. If it is to be this way, I want her to live out these days peacefully without discomfort and pain.

She knows we love her and we're with her and I think that overrides any emotional breakdown that could come with telling her what's going on.

Smitch - I'm sorry to hear about your brother. I totally understand where you're coming from and woud probably feel the same. However, this is a different situation (as it is a prolonged event) and different person (as in my mom might have taken it differently than your brother.) I would expect all these situations are case by case. In our case I feel it's best not to tell her.

However, it may still be the case that she finds out, especially if she outlasts her prognosis. Like I said I'm still talking to doctors and if they decide that treatment would be the right choice, she might have to find out anyway. The thing is, 4 doctors (including a nuerosurgeon) have told me there is no chance and an aggressive surgery or treatment will just make it more uncomfortable and not worth doing.

Thanks again for the support everyone.
Been going to Disney almost every year since I was 3...



Albytaps is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.