Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2012, 08:52 AM   #16
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

I think Ven and Dimitri (sp?) are the strongest designers, and hope they are in the final. I don't really like Ven's personality, especially after last week but since its a design show, that is who I'm going with.
I've got nothing against Dimitri, but he does remind me a little of Snape
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:55 AM   #17
Andtototoo
DIS Veteran

I love Dimitri's clothes. I don't understand why his dress wasn't in the top. That was a gorgeous dress, exquisitely crafted. Was it too hard for the sweat shop in China to fabricate? If so, say so!

Nor do I understand why Chris won after Michael and Heidi told him to stop doing the same technique he'd used to win before. My guess is that the Lord and Taylor exec wanted it, but giving him a win after admonishing him has to be confusing for the designers. It sort of sends the message that the judges will admonish you and then reward you, so you might as well keep doing it.
Andtototoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2012, 09:21 AM   #18
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andtototoo View Post
I love Dimitri's clothes. I don't understand why his dress wasn't in the top. That was a gorgeous dress, exquisitely crafted. Was it too hard for the sweat shop in China to fabricate? If so, say so!

Nor do I understand why Chris won after Michael and Heidi told him to stop doing the same technique he'd used to win before. My guess is that the Lord and Taylor exec wanted it, but giving him a win after admonishing him has to be confusing for the designers. It sort of sends the message that the judges will admonish you and then reward you, so you might as well keep doing it.
I so agree! Dimitri's dress was impeccable, as are all of his clothes. I also thought it fit in with the other dresses in the L&T collection better than anyone elses.
I do like that technique Chris does, but I thought it made his "gown" look like a tee and skirt. It was nice but I didn't get the "elegant" comments the judges were saying.
I also have no idea why they liked Elena's dress so much. To me it looked like something you would see in Mad Max. I don't get any of her clothes
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:45 AM   #19
Nohal
DIS Veteran

I had a feeling when only Gunner was left on the stage that he would be safe. I like Vens designs but not his personality especially after last week. I also like Sonjie but she was just a mess last night just glad she was safe. I don't get the praise for Elena's dress I guess because I don't like her at all as she causes to many problems in group challenges. Next week should be interesting as it is a group challenge.
Nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:32 AM   #20
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

Last night was the most puzzling episode to date. Between Chris winning, the judges liking Elena's dress and Dimitri not being a top design, I was completely baffled.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:51 PM   #21
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

I LOVED Dimitri's dress. HOW was it not in the top three at least???
Old 08-31-2012, 02:54 PM   #22
antmaril
DIS Veteran
The elephant topiaries near MK have a special meaning for me
I'm a girl

I was a fan of Ven until last week. I think he is strong designer, but the way he treated his client last week really put me off. I did not care for Elena's dress at all. I liked Dimitri's dress and I loved Fabio's. Christopher's dress was just okay for me -- didn't love it.

Gunnar gets on my last nerve. When he was the last man standing, I knew he wasn't going home. I think he will hang around for a while for entertainment purposes.
antmaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:59 PM   #23
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

BTW, how DO you pronounce Gunnar's last name? Is it Death-Rage?? Is that really his last name??
Old 08-31-2012, 03:20 PM   #24
RunningGirl
DIS Veteran

I did not like Ven's dress. That little rose on the chest - it looked like either a third "girl" or a portal for an alien that's taken residence inside someone to pop his head out of.

I liked Dimitri's dress; have NO IDEA how they liked Elena's dress. Weird, weird night. I would buy Dimitri's dress, but NEVER Christopher's (assuming I ever had an occasion to buy a long gown!)
RunningGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:06 PM   #25
Swan4Me
DIS Veteran

To me, Chris's dress-the top would be very hard to make economically

it WAS a weird episode
Swan4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:13 PM   #26
jackemail
DIS Veteran

I, too, liked Ven at first, but not after his treatment of his client last week. Didn't like his dress this week, either.
jackemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:33 PM   #27
fly girl
DIS Veteran

At first I liked Ven. But he is becoming a one trick pony for me. All he does is layer and fold. And his attitude is really turning me off. How he treated his client last week was horrid. Look in the mirror dude . . . you aren't a size 0 yourself!

I like Dimitri, Melissa, and Sonjia. Dimitri is classic, clean, and equisitely tailored ... right up my alley! Melissa's dress this week (other than the angled bottom, I actually agreed with the judges for once) was unique and lovely. Sonjia has gone down a little the past few weeks, but I think she will get her stride back.

Gunnar is my least favorite. He is whiny and can be a bully. I don't particularly care for his clothes either. I think they look cheap.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:52 PM   #28
KristaTX
♥DIS Veteran♥
I never knew that Fruit of the Looms were souvenirs from my state

I'm watching!

I hated Gunnar at first, but he's really grown on me. Gunnar was so good to his client last week, and made her feel so special and look great. He jumped at the chance to design for a "real" woman. Ven did the opposite.

Dimitri's is the best stuff. Has he even won a week yet? I think he may win the whole thing. I also really like Christopher - he seems sweet and I loved his gown last night.

I like almost all of them, except for Ven, and not really Elena very much. She did this week what Ven did last week - whine about that this "isn't what I do!!".
Old 09-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #29
Kimberle
WL Vet

I can't believe they liked Elena's dress. I though it was so ugly. The fabric was like that bad satin on a bridesmade dress, plus the dress was to big on the model. I don't like her designs and find her personality irratating. She should be gone. I also don't like anything Alicia (I think thats her name, girl with long blond dreadlocks) designs.

I really like Melissa. I think she is a dark horse. I liked Ven until his dissing of his "make over my friend" client. She was a beautiful woman. And frankly, he's more "plus" that she is. He's not going to have a sucessful business only designing for size 0-2-4's.
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level
Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #30
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy3 View Post
I've got nothing against Dimitri, but he does remind me a little of Snape
His voice reminds me of Gru from Despicable Me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy3 View Post
I do like that technique Chris does, but I thought it made his "gown" look like a tee and skirt. It was nice but I didn't get the "elegant" comments the judges were saying.
I thought the same. I like that technique on other garments he has designed, but not on that one. I sort of liked his gown, but it was the shredding on top for that particular outfit that ruined it for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
BTW, how DO you pronounce Gunnar's last name? Is it Death-Rage?? Is that really his last name??
I'm guessing it's pronounced like "Death-ridge" (more or less).

I'm with you all that it's a travesty that Dimitri's design wasn't in the top. I think Alicia should have gone and if it was a case of needing to 'even it up' because of 2 contestants unexpectedly leaving the show, then this shouldn't have been the challenge they used to save an extra person -- Alicia's sucked.

Ven -- what a piece of work. I cannot stand him. I'm rooting for Dimitri and Melissa.
Music City Mama is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: