Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 05:24 AM   #466
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

Thanks!

It is great to hear this! I hope we can find some specials between now and next summer. If only it weren't so darned pricey!
Old 06-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #467
MUDisneyCouple
Thank God for the DIS and all you helpful people!!!

I hope you can find a good deal too It was a great experience!
2003:Honeymoon-Wilderness Lodge; 2006:Spring Break-All Star Sports; 2007:2nd Honeymoon-Polynesian & DCL; 2007:1st Trip to DLR via Vegas; 2008:Badly needed trip to the World-Wilderness Lodge; 2008:1st Christmas Trip-Contemporary; 2009:What aren't we celebrating?!?!-Saratoga Springs; 2010:Alice's 1st Trip to WDW-Bay Lake Tower; 2011:Alice's 1st Trip to DLR-Grand Californian; 2012:Parents Getaway-Animal Kingdom Lodge; 2012 :Are we nuts? Yep!-Ft. Wilderness; 2012:Alice's 1st Christmas at WDW-Bay Lake Tower; 2013:Summer Fun-The Boardwalk; 2013:10th Anniversary Wine and Dine-Old Key West; 2014: Summer Wilderness Adventure-Wilderness Lodge Villas
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #468
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagsmom View Post
Very happy to find this thread, but trying to contain myself. We are having a hard time figuring out the budget. Sigh. We stayed at FW several times in our camper when I was a kid. Last year, we went to WDW for the first time and stayed in a pirate room at CB. Very fun -- but we did the whole disney boot camp thing and I traumatized my husband! We did the dining plan, but my kids are such picky eaters, we realized we'd be much better off doing food ourselves. It seems like we could save $ doing this, but the options with kitchens are a lot more expensive! Arrghhh! We have a slight possibility of borrowing someone's camper, but the logistics of getting it from Illinois to Georgia are crazy! Not to mention we have no place to park it between times! It's all making me a little nuts.

One question.... I'm a fan of the Unofficial Guide to WDW. Their advice was absolutely spot on for our last trip. According to their reader surveys, FW cabins have dropped down on the list -- makes it sound like they are slightly less well-kept over the past few years. They did acknowledge that the economy does affect how people perceive value for money spent. Just wondered if anyone had any input on that.

Also -- how is the refurbished pool? Nice? More fun than a run of the mill pool at a Holiday Inn?

I want to go SO BAD!
We were there last year and LOVED it! There is soooooo much to do. We did rent a golf cart which was super helpful. Everyone says it's not necessary to have one, but it sure was convenient. We didn't think the cabin was in need of a refurb at all...perfect for families. I'm really wanting to go back myself for an extended weekend. The pool with the waterslide was nice....kids had a blast. When we were there, the other pool was under construction (I think)...is this the pool you're referring to? In my signature is a link to my FW/CR Trip Report....the first few installments are about FW. We give it a huge

Happy Planning!
Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
Old 07-07-2012, 10:05 AM   #469
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

We just got back from the Fort. It was our first time there. We're a family of 5 that has only stayed deluxe before. I was a little worried about staying in a Cabin but thought it would be a nice change of pace. We LOVED it!!! The Cabin was great. There was so much space. And having 2 separate sleeping areas worked out really well for us (my youngest tends to talk himself to sleep which makes the older 2 crazy). We didn't have any maintenance problems. We're even considering changing our BC reservation to a Cabin again.... (And we LOVE BC, too!)
We spent tons of time in the pool. I didn't use the slide but my kids liked it. The pool was a little crowded but it was still fun. One warning: There are NO towels or Life Jackets at the pool. There was a gated water splash area (think playground with water) that my kids also enjoyed.
In the interest of full disclosure we did have both a golf cart and a rental car.

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 07-16-2012, 02:43 PM   #470
esined
Earning My Ears

Questions about Ft. Wilderness

Couple of questions for you Disney Vets. We are staying at FW 11/29-12/9 and am wondering if you are able to see Wishes from the boat doc? Do they pipe in the music? Also, I know getting to MK is a no-brainer with the boat but am wondering if taking our car would be faster to the other parks? We will have a double stroller (along with children).

Last edited by esined; 07-16-2012 at 02:44 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #471
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esined View Post
Couple of questions for you Disney Vets. We are staying at FW 11/29-12/9 and am wondering if you are able to see Wishes from the boat doc? Do they pipe in the music? Also, I know getting to MK is a no-brainer with the boat but am wondering if taking our car would be faster to the other parks? We will have a double stroller (along with children).
You can see Wishes from the beach and dock every night and they do pipe in the music loud and clear. The Electrical Water Pageant goes by at 9:45 every night, so it may be before or after Wishes, depending on the teime of year.

Yes, we always take our car to all the other parks. Parking and catching a tram is usually quicker than taking the bus. If we don't stay at the Fort, we even drive to MK. It's still quicker to us, it's what we prefer.

If you're not in a hurry, you can also take the smaller boat to Contemporary, but it will be a little more cumbersome with the double stroller. You can transfer to the Epcot monorail line from the resort monorail line. Otherwise, the stroller may make the buses all too much of a pain.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
Old 07-18-2012, 07:25 PM   #472
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

Do the *wagon* rides also take you down the camp loops to see the campsite decorations (campers, not WDW decs)?? Trying to decide between a sleigh ride, a wagon ride, and renting a cart for an hour or so....

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
Old 07-19-2012, 09:19 AM   #473
esined
Earning My Ears

Thanks Sharadoc!
Old 08-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #474
disneyworldaddict
Mouseketeer

We will be staying in a cabin this month. I was wondering if theres a comfort station close by. We are 2 girls in their 20s and my husband and myself, I'm thinking of using those showers so everyone can get ready quicker. Also, do the comfort station showers have blowdryers?

Old 08-16-2012, 10:02 PM   #475
sammielynn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyworldaddict View Post
We will be staying in a cabin this month. I was wondering if theres a comfort station close by. We are 2 girls in their 20s and my husband and myself, I'm thinking of using those showers so everyone can get ready quicker. Also, do the comfort station showers have blowdryers?
Was wondering the same thing? It would be nice to have an option of an extra shower.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:28 PM   #476
tam626
DIS Veteran

We stay in the cabins & yes there are very nice comfort stations nearby for that extra bathroom.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #477
gratefulfred
Mouseketeer

hi, will my in-laws be able to take their scooters on the boat to the magic kingdom
Old 08-30-2012, 11:06 PM   #478
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
We were there last year and LOVED it! There is soooooo much to do. We did rent a golf cart which was super helpful. Everyone says it's not necessary to have one, but it sure was convenient. We didn't think the cabin was in need of a refurb at all...perfect for families. I'm really wanting to go back myself for an extended weekend. The pool with the waterslide was nice....kids had a blast. When we were there, the other pool was under construction (I think)...is this the pool you're referring to? In my signature is a link to my FW/CR Trip Report....the first few installments are about FW. We give it a huge

Happy Planning!
Heather
Hi Heather!

Looking forward to reading your TR. We have yet to cruise (DH is afraid he'll get seasick ), but we love AKL CL...and FW, of course!

DL & WDW * FW Cabin 3x * AKL CL 2x * Poly CL * CR CL * AKL Arusha * POFQ * POR

Old 09-03-2012, 07:28 AM   #479
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehuaann View Post
Hi Heather!

Looking forward to reading your TR. We have yet to cruise (DH is afraid he'll get seasick ), but we love AKL CL...and FW, of course!
Hey there!!! Good to 'see' you. I totally get how your hubby feels. Thank goodness it never happened on the Dream. I wore the patch, but ended up taking it off because it made me sleepy.

I was just reading through the beginning of the FW thread....makes me want to go back!!! NOW! Like at Halloween or Christmas when everyone has their campers decorated....so cool.

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
Old 09-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #480
madge
... is soaking in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyworldaddict View Post
I may be too late for this ... but in case, anyone is curious. Yes, some of the cabins are very close to CS. 2 years ago, we were very close to laundry & CS, which was super convenient. Last year, we couldn't have been further.

Depending on the time of year & how busy the cabins are, I'd say if you ask to be put near one it can be easily accommodated.

HTH!

Shades of Green ~ Dixie Landings ~ Swan/Dolphin (Club Level) ~ Contemporary ~
Wilderness Lodge
~ Coronado Springs ~ Polynesian ~ Pop Century~
Boardwalk (shhhh .... just mom!) ~ Ft. Wilderness Cabins

offsite stays:
HGVC - Sea World (2002)
Silver Lake - Silver Points (2004)
Vistana Villages (2007)
Cypress Pointe Grandvillas (2008)
Thanks, Disbug!!

Closed Thread