Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2012, 10:24 PM   #16
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Back to School

Before I update day 4, I started school today and wanted to tell you guys all about it.

Since it's the first day, we went to the gym to get our schedules. Not only that, we also got a shirt. It's white, says "sea hawks 1" on the front and on the back, it says R U in?, and has a Seahawk (my school mascot). It was in red writing. After that, I went to art but I was late because I didn't know where my art class was. I did find it when my teacher took roll. Later that day, we had a rally which was Olympic themed. It was so cool. Lunch came and then it was 5th and 6th period.

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Concerts
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:51 AM   #17
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
About an hour before we were to descend at JFK, the flight crew announced that JFK had been shut down because of storms. Also, we were running out fuel so we had to land in Philadelphia. We waited to get the plane fueled and things didn’t get better. As we got in line to take off, we discovered that there were sixteen, yes sixteen planes in front of us.
Yup - that's Philadelphia, my local airport. Always backed up taking off or landing.

Very cool that your family obviously decided to visit the East Coast prior to your cruise. Hope you enjoyed Hershey. It's a nice park.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #18
SoCaOC-Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Before I update day 4, I started school today and wanted to tell you guys all about it.

Since it's the first day, we went to the gym to get our schedules. Not only that, we also got a shirt. It's white, says "sea hawks 1" on the front and on the back, it says R U in?, and has a Seahawk (my school mascot). It was in red writing. After that, I went to art but I was late because I didn't know where my art class was. I did find it when my teacher took roll. Later that day, we had a rally which was Olympic themed. It was so cool. Lunch came and then it was 5th and 6th period.
Hi there, I hope you enjoyed your first day of school as much as we are enjoying your trip report. You seem like such a lovely and sweet natured girl. I hope when my girls get to be your age, they have them same appreciation and enthusiasm that you share for life in your TR's.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
SoCaOC-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:02 PM   #19
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaOC-Mom View Post
Hi there, I hope you enjoyed your first day of school as much as we are enjoying your trip report. You seem like such a lovely and sweet natured girl. I hope when my girls get to be your age, they have them same appreciation and enthusiasm that you share for life in your TR's.
Thank you!! How old are your girls?

WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
Old 08-31-2012, 11:45 PM   #20
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Day 4: July 31, 2012- Storms, Coasters and Chocolate

July 31, 2012- Hershey with storms

The next day, we went to Hersheypark, which was our first day in Hershey. We ate breakfast at our hotel and took a shuttle to the park, since we were staying at a hotel there. Once we got in the park, we headed to Hospitality Services to get my guest assistance book. After that stop, we all went on Skyrush, Hersheypark’s newest roller coaster. I loved it even though at times, I thought I’d fall out. Since we were in the area, we also went on the Super Dooper Looper and Comet, one of the wooden roller coasters they have there.

By this time, we headed to the area next to where the coasters we had just been on to meet up with this family we had met through Disney’s Virtual Magic Kingdom before it closed down in May 2008. They also brought the wife’s brother, sister in law and baby son. Their daughter, my sister and I went on Skyrush. After the ride, I realized that my guest assistance book had fallen out during the ride so my dad and I went to hospitality services to get a new one. As soon as we returned with the new one, we went on the Great Bear, a roller coaster that was like the Dragon Challenge at Universal Florida’s Islands of Adventure. Since we were in the area, we decided to go on the Kissing Tower. I loved seeing Hershey from so high. Along the way, our friend’s daughter, my sister and I went on this car ride before having lunch.

After lunch, we all went on the monorail. This was when I discovered that my stuffed Perry the Platypus was scared of the Hershey characters. My sister, my mom, our friend’s family, the brother and I went on the Lightning Racer and Wildcat, the latter being so bumpy. By this time, we decided to go to Chocolate World since it was in the same area as the park. I loved the ride that took you through the factory. We even got free chocolates at the end of the ride. We hung out at Chocolate World for a while and returned to the park. There, my mom, our friend’s wife and daughter and I went on Stormrunner. It reminded me of Rockin Roller Coaster at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. While we were in the area, we went to a jukebox show that involved music from the 1950s, 60s, 70s and 80s. I loved this show since I got to listen to this stuff in PE. On our way to dinner, our friend and I went on this roller coaster called Farenheight. Everyone else stayed off and watched us. It was like Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit at Universal Studios in Florida. After we got off, we had dinner and there was a storm coming in. What?! Since it was raining so hard, we went to cover in a barn restaurant. Once the storm was clear, we headed out after some shopping of course.

Up Next: Gettysburg, Buffets, Movies

Will we get to Gettysburg?, What movies will we be seeing?

Stay tuned to find out.

Old 09-01-2012, 06:19 PM   #21
SoCaOC-Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you!! How old are your girls?
They are still very young, they are 5 and 3 years old. :D

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
SoCaOC-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #22
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Day 5- August 1, 2012- Gettysburg and Italian Stuff

Happy Birthday Cymphonique and Leon Thomas III!! After a fun day in Hershey, we went to Gettysburg. We went to the visitor center where we saw two movies about Gettysburg. We met up with our friend from the day before who hopped in our car with us and went through Gettysburg. After a while, we drove to her house where we got to meet their dog, Tanner. We had dinner with them at Infinitos, something we don’t have in California. While we were eating, the mom had a meeting somewhere so we said goodbye to her. After dinner, the dad and daughter hung out with us and had dessert at Rita’s, something we also don’t have in California. After visiting for a while, we said goodbye to hem and headed back to Hershey since it was our last night there.

Up Next: Will we get to the amish?, How long will we spend at Hershey Gardens?, a long drive to Long Island

Stay tuned to find out

Old 09-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #23
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Pictures Part 1

Here are some pictures:

Flight Information from our gate TV

View from Terminal

Universal Studios Hollywood Ad inside the terminal

The only picture I took during our landing in Philadelphia

Old 09-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #24
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Sorry for the delay guys. School started a couple weeks ago.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #25
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
After a fun day in Hershey, we went to Gettysburg. We went to the visitor center where we saw two movies about Gettysburg. We met up with our friend from the day before who hopped in our car with us and went through Gettysburg.
The Visitor Center in Gettysburg has only been there a few years. It was completely remodeled and I think they did a fabulous job with it. I love the round painting that they put in the one room. I wish I could remember the name, but I remember it was painted in Boston and it took 25 painters a year to finish it.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:33 PM   #26
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Before I do the rest of the trip, I would like to give you guys some sneak peeks of what will happen:

Driving to Long Islamd
South Hampton (where I took no pictures :scared1)
Stoneybrook
The Cruise
World Trade Center
Brooklyn
Coney Island
Newsies
Going Home

Old 09-16-2012, 02:01 PM   #27
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

August 2, 2012- Drive, Gardens and Amish

Hi Everyone!! I'm really sorry for the delay. Here's the next update:

Today, we went to Hershey Gardens. We went shopping at our hotel, loaded the car up and drove to the Gardens. They were pretty and I loved the area. Basically, I loved Hershey in general. My stuffed Perry enjoyed the gardens, especially ones that had lots of flowers. I loved the view from there and across the street was Hersheypark. After spending a little while there, we started our drive to Long Island. Along the way, we stopped in the Amish country and went to a farmer's market there. It was a long drive and after 9 PM, we finally got to our hotel, the Hampton Maid.

Up Next: South Hampton, my grandma's birthday

Old 09-23-2012, 09:10 PM   #28
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Before I post the next day, I would like to put some embarrassing, favorite, shocking, confusing and funny moments:

Embarrassing:
Finding out our Newsies tickets were for the next day
Finding out that many things were closed in Philly
My mom checking in late

Favorite:
Staying the stage door at Newsies (thanks BraveCruiser and family for suggesting this, this made me one happy girl)
Pirate Deck Party
Dinners at night
Hershey in general
Captain Jack remembering me

Shocking:
Flight becoming 12 hours
Me dancing at the pirate deck party
Finding out our Newsies tickets were for the wrong day

Confusing:
Pirate Limbo

Funny:
Pirate Deck Party
Pirate Limbo
Captain Jack throwing everything at the CM

Old 10-17-2012, 08:24 PM   #29
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

August 3, 2012- South Hampton

Hi Everyone!!

I'm so sorry for not updating lately. I've been so busy and school has taken up alot of my time. Here's the next update:

The next day, we relaxed at the hotel since we stayed up late the night before. It was also my grandma's birthday so at one point, we called to wish her a happy birthday. We looked around South Hampton and looked around. I didn't know this but I took no pictures that day We ate at Uncle Joe's for dinner (we don't have an uncle Joe). We also made alot of trips to Rite Aid.

Up Next: What?! The Mansion is closed?!, How many trips to the post office will we make?

Stay Tuned to Find Out

Old 10-22-2012, 07:05 PM   #30
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Sounds like a normal trip with lots of highs, but a few lows........I think it's natural that there are good and bad things. Long flights would be the bad for me (and the rain.....lol) but the good would be seeing all those historical sights in person and going new places. Sounds wonderful so far Kaitlin!!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: