Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2012, 10:38 AM   #541
amberpi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmalade View Post
Does anyone tip when they order just an alcoholic beverage at one of the kiosks?
I always tip bar tenders at least $1 a drink or more (local watering holes get more). If I ask for a complicated drink, I tip 20-25%. The bartenders will remember you and if you've got a week to spend, they have definitely pulled me out of line to help me out sooner Even at the Kiosks...Italy comes to mind, but its a permanent booth, but kiosk like inside.
amberpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #542
ginerjenny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
If your dining reservation is for 11 its 18% added to your bill autmatically
What if you are not seated together??

If we are not seated together I don't feel it should automatically be added. I will probably leave that much or more anyway I just don't feel it should be automatically added

If I go with my family of 4 and my sisters family of 4 we are all under a reservation of 8. We will be paying separately. How does that work for tipping?? Will the 18% for my family be added to my key to the world card?
ginerjenny is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #543
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginerjenny View Post
What if you are not seated together??
If you are on the same reservation and seated near each other, the tip will be added to your bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginerjenny View Post
If I go with my family of 4 and my sisters family of 4 we are all under a reservation of 8. We will be paying separately. How does that work for tipping?? Will the 18% for my family be added to my key to the world card?
The 18% for your portion of the bill will be added to your bill, and your sister's family will be on her bill.
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #544
SouthJersey
Yeah Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberpi View Post
I always tip bar tenders at least $1 a drink or more (local watering holes get more). If I ask for a complicated drink, I tip 20-25%. The bartenders will remember you and if you've got a week to spend, they have definitely pulled me out of line to help me out sooner Even at the Kiosks...Italy comes to mind, but its a permanent booth, but kiosk like inside.
Kiosk workers aren't paid as low as the servers since they're hourly wage isn't dependent upon tips. I always tip real bartenders, especially like you said, if I order a complicated drink that they're mixing, I'll tip extra.

As for any of the kiosk, if I'd tip them for pulling a lever for a Limon Grey Goose Slushie, I should be tipping every kiosk that hands me something.
  • 2000 - Off Disney, Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista
  • 2001 - Port Orleans
  • 2007 - Wilderness Lodge *Favorite!*
  • 2008 - School Senior Trip, Sports Resort, Great Trip!
  • 2010 - Christmas Trip! First Disney trip with the GF and first trip I've booked myself.
  • 2012 - Food and Wine Festival - Wilderness Lodge
  • 2013 - Christmas Trip 2! - Caribbean Beach
Marines 3rd Battalion, 5th Regiment - Dark Horse battalion - of Camp Pendleton
0311 of the United States Marine Corps
2010 NPC NY Metropolitan - 1st Place Amateur Mid-Heavy Weight
2010 NPC NY Metropolitan - 3rd Place Men's Mid-Heavy Weight
SouthJersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:21 PM   #545
ginerjenny
Mouseketeer

I booked two hotel reservations under my account. When I went to Make ADR"s it wouldn't let me make them for 2 groups of 4 cause it said they conflicted. When I do it as a party of 8 i could put my ADR on. I don't mind the automatic 18 on there if we sit together but if we don't it is going to annoy me.
ginerjenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #546
Jujubee727
Mouseketeer

Going to be doing the DDP for the first time in October, and have a couple questions that I tried to get the answers from this thread, but kept getting confused, so I apologize in advance for the repeat questions!

1. If we want to tip with cash, how do we go about that? Do we tell the server, "we are on the DDP but want to leave cash for tip"

2. What do we do if we are dining with someone that is NOT on the DDP but we are?? For example we are going out for breakfast at Cape May Cafe the morning of our wedding, but my future in-laws and my sister are not going to be on the DDP. Should we ask for separate checks?

3. Random question that my fiance is making me ask...Is a turkey leg covered with a snack or QS on the DDP?

Thanks in advance!!
December 2013 - BLT & BWV
Jujubee727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #547
dnsmills
Disney Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubee727 View Post
Going to be doing the DDP for the first time in October, and have a couple questions that I tried to get the answers from this thread, but kept getting confused, so I apologize in advance for the repeat questions!

1. If we want to tip with cash, how do we go about that? Do we tell the server, "we are on the DDP but want to leave cash for tip"

2. What do we do if we are dining with someone that is NOT on the DDP but we are?? For example we are going out for breakfast at Cape May Cafe the morning of our wedding, but my future in-laws and my sister are not going to be on the DDP. Should we ask for separate checks?

3. Random question that my fiance is making me ask...Is a turkey leg covered with a snack or QS on the DDP?

Thanks in advance!!
1. You don't have to announce you are tipping in cash but I would inform them up front you are on the DDP.

2. When ever the waiter brings the bill (if everyone is on one check) just let him/her know you want to use DDP credits for 2 of the meals and the remaining will be paid by cash and/or credit card.

3. From what I remember of our trip 2 years ago, the turkey leg isn't a snack credit but you can get a turkey leg, a bag of chips and a drink and that will count as 1 QS credit. That's what we did right before we sat down and watched the parade back in Frontierland. It was perfect!
Art of Animation - Dec 2012
Disneyland - October 2014
Art of Animation - Dec 2015

dnsmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:24 PM   #548
Jujubee727
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnsmills View Post
1. You don't have to announce you are tipping in cash but I would inform them up front you are on the DDP.

2. When ever the waiter brings the bill (if everyone is on one check) just let him/her know you want to use DDP credits for 2 of the meals and the remaining will be paid by cash and/or credit card.

3. From what I remember of our trip 2 years ago, the turkey leg isn't a snack credit but you can get a turkey leg, a bag of chips and a drink and that will count as 1 QS credit. That's what we did right before we sat down and watched the parade back in Frontierland. It was perfect!
Thank you!
December 2013 - BLT & BWV
Jujubee727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:37 PM   #549
smidgy
dimples

as far as question #2, you could ask for separate checks. just tell the server before you order (incl. drinks) that you want sep. checks. problem solved!
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:56 AM   #550
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

You need to tell the server before you order (not when they bring the check) who is on DDP and who isn't. Checks will be split automatically, but DDP meals are rung up differently from non-DDP meals.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:22 PM   #551
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberpi View Post
I have been told that the kiosk attendants cannot take tips. The girls at the beer stand in the UK pavilion were ADAMANT about this even when the guy in front of me pointed out he would be expected to tip at the bar. They told him "sorry sir we could lose our job" and pushed it back.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #552
bookgirl2632
DIS Veteran

Can you tip with a Disney gift card? Sorry if this has been asked. I've been through quite a few pages and didn't see the answer.

1976 Offsite 1990 Offsite in Kissimmee 2001 CBR 2006 POR 2010 HRH
bookgirl2632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:18 PM   #553
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl2632 View Post
Can you tip with a Disney gift card? Sorry if this has been asked. I've been through quite a few pages and didn't see the answer.
yes
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:46 PM   #554
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
You need to tell the server before you order (not when they bring the check) who is on DDP and who isn't. Checks will be split automatically, but DDP meals are rung up differently from non-DDP meals.
yes. I have heard of some people waiting until the end of the meal, cause they thought they wouldn't get good service.

even though we don't have the DDp at the restaurant(go figure), it always amazesme that people see me write on a check through the whole meal, order drinks (which gets charges on a computer at the bar) THEN>. at the END of the meal.. say "OH! can we get separate checks?"

what did you think I was writing on all this time? and charging things on?

THEN, they get irritated with ME, if they have to wait for me to comletely change EVERYTHING! sheesh

please be UPFRONT iwth your server about everything.. DDP. sep. checks, whatever. much easier for everyone!
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:38 PM   #555
Srbright
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala
If we are all at the table on the DxDP do we need to tell the up front even if it takes a bit longer to close out at the end of the meal? Judging by what I've read on here I would rather take a few extra minutes at the end of the meal to avoid bad service.

It becomes a cycle. If you are on the dining plan and get bad service and tip accordingly there is the distinct possibility that the server will attribute it to you having been on the dining plan and not because they gave bad service

Stacy
September 2012 - POR (6N/7D)
Feb 2008 - ASMo (3N/4D)
Srbright is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: