Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
Jiminygirl
Mouseketeer

Getting to Vineland shopping outlet from DTD

I know that a taxi would probably be the simplest way to get from Downtown Disney to the outlet but is there any easy way to get there via bus or Itrolley?
Every direction I see seems so convoluted!
2003 Polynesian/Disney Magic-W.Caribbean
2006 Pop Century
2008 Offsite and Pop Century
2013 Pop Century
Disneyland- 2011 Offsite
Disneyland- 2014 Offsite
Disneyland Paris- 2015 Offsite
Jiminygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
Puget Peach
Hello, my name is Puget Peach and I'm a Disneyholic

GoLynx.com DTD 50 stop to Rt 8 to Vineland Rd stop

I understand your frustration, as there really is no direct route, even by driving. If you are city transit experienced it is possible to catch the Lynx 50 at the stop @ Downtown Disney located across Buena Vista Dr from the Disney Marketplace bus stop @ Hotel Plaza Dr, then transfer to Lynx 8 @ Westwood just after the 50 bus crosses I-4. The 8 will take you to the Vineland Rd stop. It is a bit of a hike on to the outlets located just past the Hilton Grand Resort. Unless you are transit friendly and in good shape, I wouldn't recommend trying this. If you plan to do a lot of shopping, you could bus over in the cool of the morning, then take a taxi home with all your goodies! FYI the Lynx 8 travels the exact same route as the I trolley, but costs less and runs more frequently. The bus trip takes around 30 minutes from DTD to Vineland plus waiting time. There are benches at the bus stops. You can "look" at the stops and route via Goodle maps by zooming in on the intersections stated above. You may want to post on the Transportation thread, too.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:21 PM   #3
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Location: Currently working for the Mouse in Beijing, China with Disney English.

Actually - the the Lynx bus is not a bad way to do this #50 - to #8 - just take the 50 from the Ticket and transportation Center or Downtown Disney West Side Bus Link and change at Seaworld to the number 8 bus. (cross the street to head South - the stop is at Seaworld's flagship hotel The Renaissance - I recommend this stop to change as it is covered - ahhh shade and there is some seating). Transfers are free within 90 minutes. The fare is $2. I've done this before and thought it was fairly easy. I have stayed for awhile at a hotel near Seaworld - and I would take the 50 from Disney and do a little shopping at the Publix on Vineland before heading home - both the 50 and 8 buses are every half hour - check the schedules on www.golynx.com for more information.
Jill * 1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR * August 2014 HKDL Disneyland Hotel * December 2014 HKDL Hollywood Hotel * February 2015 DLRP Newport Bay Club *
New Trip Reports August and December Hong Kong Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3356993http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3323118

Last edited by ExpatDisneyLover; 08-30-2012 at 05:26 PM.
ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote