Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
tracynwu
Earning My Ears

GF valet question

We are staying at the Grand Floridian in December. How much does it cost to valet your car there? Parking in that far parking lot is no fun.
Or do guests of the resort get to park in the parking area closer to the resort?
tracynwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracynwu
We are staying at the Grand Floridian in December. How much does it cost to valet your car there? Parking in that far parking lot is no fun.
Or do guests of the resort get to park in the parking area closer to the resort?
Valet is $12/day plus tip.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #3
TDluvsDaisy
DVC Member BCV & VGF

There is no closer parking other than valet. If I stay at GF again I will valet for real. Last time the automatic arms weren't working properly and hit my car on the roof.

I really believe that they should have much better parking for a resort that charges that much.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #4
tracynwu
Earning My Ears

TDLUVSDAISY, I totally agree. We go there all of the time but we've never had a room there so part of me thought that there was some special parking set aside for the actual guests of the resort or maybe free valet?
One can dream right!
Old 08-29-2012, 08:51 PM   #5
Sammie
DIS Veteran

The parking lot works for the resort because the majority of their guest either fly in with no car, or have no problem with using valet to park.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #6
tracynwu
Earning My Ears

yes, i can see that a lot of people do not drive so parking isn't an issue. it does make for a spectacular entrance when you don't see all of the lines of cars in front of the building. can't wait to go!
Old 08-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #7
lbv7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
The parking lot works for the resort because the majority of their guest either fly in with no car, or have no problem with using valet to park.
For those people who drive their own car, or don't want to valet, the self parking lot at the GF is a disgrace. For a "flagship" resort having the parking lot across the street from the hotel is just not acceptable.

Also, there is no reason to believe that guests at the GF either fly in with no car more so than guests who stay at any of the other WDW Deluxe Resorts.

As to not having a problem with valet parking I guess that if you can afford to stay at the GF you don't mind paying the daily fee, but I don't know how anybody would know if this was a problem or not without either being a mind reader, or interviewing all the GF guests and asking them for their opinion.
lbv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #8
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbv7 View Post
For those people who drive their own car, or don't want to valet, the self parking lot at the GF is a disgrace. For a "flagship" resort having the parking lot across the street from the hotel is just not acceptable.

Also, there is no reason to believe that guests at the GF either fly in with no car more so than guests who stay at any of the other WDW Deluxe Resorts.

As to not having a problem with valet parking I guess that if you can afford to stay at the GF you don't mind paying the daily fee, but I don't know how anybody would know if this was a problem or not without either being a mind reader, or interviewing all the GF guests and asking them for their opinion.
The GM is a friend, so I know it is not a problem. They get very few complaints about it and they do survey their guests. Also the lot is not very large, and neither is valet, so obviously a very large percentage of their guests fly in and do not rent a car. They host many large convention groups and they come in on a bus.

The lot is no further than areas of WL, Contemporary, AKL and BWI and even Yacht and Beach. All the deluxe resorts have some type of division be it a road, landscaping, a canal between the lots and the hotel.

Last edited by Sammie; 08-30-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:56 PM   #9
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracynwu View Post
yes, i can see that a lot of people do not drive so parking isn't an issue. it does make for a spectacular entrance when you don't see all of the lines of cars in front of the building. can't wait to go!
You will have a great time, it is a beautiful resort.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:41 PM   #10
baler31
DIS Veteran

We just valet when staying there. Of course we tend to valet wherever that is an option, it is more than "worth it" to us on the time saving alone. I think the atmosphere of the resorts would be ruined with parked cars all about.

We always rent a car but find that after speaking with guests in the lounge that most do not.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:46 PM   #11
cm8
Half of the time we're rushing around to get things done last minute or we realize we're running behind so we need to catch up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracynwu View Post
It is also free if you have a disabled parking placard. Please note, the person the placard belongs to also needs to be present!

"I have placed the Lord ever before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

cm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:18 AM   #12
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

I am driving up and checking in on Friday.

I plan to self park as I know that until I leave my car will not be moved
Butterflygirl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #13
gizfish
We wants the redhead! Gives us the redhead!

Keep in mind your valet parking fee includes valet parking at ANY resort that has it. For example, if you have paid for valet parking at your hotel for the day and go to the Contemporary for dinner, tell the valet there you have paid valet parking and they honor it.
gizfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #14
daisyduck123
I just love those parmesan mashed potatoes at Chef Mickey's!
I don't know how to cut & paste
Disney has made my family & I "park snobs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizfish View Post
Keep in mind your valet parking fee includes valet parking at ANY resort that has it. For example, if you have paid for valet parking at your hotel for the day and go to the Contemporary for dinner, tell the valet there you have paid valet parking and they honor it.
We have always shown a valet receipt when we do this.
daisyduck123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:33 PM   #15
lbv7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
The lot is no further than areas of WL, Contemporary, AKL and BWI and even Yacht and Beach. All the deluxe resorts have some type of division be it a road, landscaping, a canal between the lots and the hotel.
The last time I looked the GF is the only resort where to get from the self parking lot to the lobby you have to cross a street with traffic coming in both directions and wait for the light to turn green. There is simply no comparison between the GF self parking lot and the other Deluxe Resort parking lots.
lbv7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: