DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #1
dadschum
Mouseketeer

Bathrooms in the 1 bedroom units

I would be travelling with 2 other women so prime bathroom space is important.

In the 1 bedroom units, is there more than 1 sink in the bathroom? Where is the sink situated? It seems most places have showers with glass doors, leaving the person in the shower no privacy. And the sink seems to be in the same place as the shower.

What are my options if I wanted privacy while in the shower, yet have others have the ability to be at the sink doing hair, makeup, teethbrushing etc.

I know BLT and AKV 1 bedrooms have 2 bathrooms - negating the issue as someone can be in 1 bathroom showering and someone else in the other bathroom doing other things.

Thanks for your help.
But what about other DVC's?
dadschum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:00 AM   #2
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

At OKW, there is a sink/mirror in the area where the jacuzzi also sits and a separate bathroom with another sink, shower and toilet. At OKW buildings 30 and higher have an additional entrance to the shower/toilet/sink area without needing to go thru the master bedroom. Buildings 11 - 29, the 1BRs have only one access to the bathroom and that is thru the MBR and jacuzzi area.

Most of the DVC resorts have some variation on this design with either a private area for the toilet and a separate area for the sink and also another sink with privacy for the shower.

As you mentioned, BLT and AKV (Kidani) have 2 bathrooms in the 1BR villas.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2012, 11:00 AM   #3
ErinC
DIS Veteran

At VWL the tub and sink area of the master are completely seperated from the shower toilet and sink area of the common bathroom. We are family of 5. I have 3 daughters and we do just fine with the setup in the regular one bedroom. That being said, I'm going to try reservations at Bay Lake at the 7 month window if I can get them. We may forever be spoiled with the 2 bathrooms.
ErinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:37 AM   #4
drusba

DIS Veteran

As you note, BLT has two bathrooms but at AKL only Kidani has two bathrooms. General design at OKW, BWV, BCV, VWL, and SSR is essentially the same. The bathroom itself is actually two rooms. In one is a sink and the whirlpool tub, and in the other is a sink, toilet and shower.

AKL Jambo is the oddball out. The bathroom in the 1BR is one room with a combined tub/shower and two sinks in the same counter and a toilet set off in its own small room within the bathroom. Moreover, the room is not directly connected to the master bedroom; instead you cross over a hallway from the bedroom which also leads to living room.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #5
tink_n_pooh
my TP isn't going anywhere. I can start the TP underground, anyone who is interested just let me know
I'm happy my underwear are clean

SSR has a separate sink in the room with the jacuzzi
tink_n_pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:13 PM   #6
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by drusba View Post
AKL Jambo is the oddball out. The bathroom in the 1BR is one room with a combined tub/shower and two sinks in the same counter and a toilet set off in its own small room within the bathroom. Moreover, the room is not directly connected to the master bedroom; instead you cross over a hallway from the bedroom which also leads to living room.
And it is odd. So if someone is in the shower or tub, the rest of the room isn't really usable for privacy reasons. As long as no one is in the shower, it's fine and rather huge with lots of storage space but the layout is weird.
eandesmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #7
leanne2255
Tagged myself!

1 br bwv

The 1BR at BWV has a separate bath with toilet, sink, shower, and then off the Master BR, there is the jacuzzi tub and another sink, which adjoins the room with the toilet. You would have privacy by closing the door between the 2 separate areas.

Visit my blog: http://disneytripandstuff.com

leanne2255 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: