Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
xera12
Mouseketeer

Fast Pass Question

So we are going to be going for our first time to WDW, and i was wondering about fast passes. here is my question; there will be 4 of us, so if i pick up fast passes for all 4 of us at one ride then i cant get another for like 2 hrs right? so if after i get the FPs for one ride for the 4 of us, can like my brother get FPs for another ride? or can every person in the group use only one FP per 2 hrs? idk if this makes sense...

Next trip with Me and DBFF Diane (25)!!

Check out my First trip to WDW TR!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3160264

xera12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #2
amomma23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xera12 View Post
So we are going to be going for our first time to WDW, and i was wondering about fast passes. here is my question; there will be 4 of us, so if i pick up fast passes for all 4 of us at one ride then i cant get another for like 2 hrs right? so if after i get the FPs for one ride for the 4 of us, can like my brother get FPs for another ride? or can every person in the group use only one FP per 2 hrs? idk if this makes sense...
Yes, you have to get one for each person who will ride.
You can get fast passes for another ride after the return window opens for the first ride.
No, you have to put each rider's ticket into the fast pass machine to get passes. You cannot have another member of your party get passes at the same time.
amomma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #3
JKMJ441724
Um, I'm going to go with "NO."

You have to insert your park ticket to get a fastpass. Whoever's ticket is used to get a fastpass will have a designated time for the next fastpass.

So if you use all your tickets to get each person a fastpass, then no one will be able to get another fastpass til the designated time

JKMJ441724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:03 PM   #4
Praying Colonel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's 1 FP for each ticket. The next time you can get a FP will be noted on the FP. It's generally 2 hours from the time you got the FP or when the window opens for using the FP, whichever is sooner.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:03 PM   #5
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You can get next FP in 2 hours or when current FP window opens, whichever sooner and it will be printed right on FP. Each person in your group needs FP to ride.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:06 PM   #6
gator girl
DIS Veteran

In order to pick up 4 FPs for a ride, you're going to have to feed each person's ticket through the machine, not your personal ticket 4 times. That means that then each person's ticket is unable to pick up another FP for either 1) 2 hours or 2) the start time of the current FP, which will be printed on your ticket.... whichever time period is shorter.

Ex. 1 - You pick up FPs at noon for 3 pm. You would be able to get another FP at 2 pm, because 2 hours have passed.

Ex. 2 - You pick up FPs at noon for a window that starts at 12:45 pm. You would be able to get another FP at 12:45 pm, since the start time of the usage window has passed.

You don't have to worry about calculating this. When you get a FP, it will have printed right on the bottom the exact time you are eligible to get another, and your ticket won't work in the FP machine until that time.

But... no. You can't get 4 and then your brother get 4 and then someone else get 4 all in 20 minutes. Because in order to get 4, you're going to have to scan all 4 people's tickets.
gator girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #7
xera12
Mouseketeer

ok great thanks so much! that was driving me crazy lol

Next trip with Me and DBFF Diane (25)!!

Check out my First trip to WDW TR!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3160264

xera12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fastpass, fastpasses

Display Modes Rate This Thread