Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #211
nemofans
DIS Veteran

We won't have the option of checking in upstairs in CL b/c we will be arriving in the evening. I am a little disappointed by it, but that's the situation. So I just ask for the gold cards at front desk? Should I introduce us to a CL CM in the morning so they know who we are?

8/2000 Grosvenor Resort (got engaged!), 11/2005 DL PPH CL, 12/2006 Poly, 02/2008 AKL, 2/2010 CR CL, 2/2011 DCL Magic, 11/2011 DL GCH, 10/2012 AKL CL

2013 Book Challenge: 87 out of 75 GOAL MET!!
2014 Book Challenge: 77 out of 85
Old 08-28-2012, 12:53 PM   #212
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Just back. Happy to report CL at BC had new room keys. tey are still gold, but BC has gone to a new swipe system. It's very similar tot eh old system, but the new keys don't have to be inserted like before, you hold them in front of the card reader. They are also a slightly different color from the old room keys.

As for the greeter expereince. My luck has been about 50/50 on getting a front door greeter. It's not likley to happen if you arrive via rental car.

Also, I've ogttne conflicting messages on checking in at front desk vs. upstairs at different resorts. Generally, you do go to club level, but there's no reason why front desk can't help yo as well. The way I see it, CL gives you more options. There are times when talking to the front desk is easier, and many times when talking to CL is easier. I don't think it's helpful to impy that CL guests should never use the front desk as an option.

That said, if you wish to cancel/change dining- you should talk to CL staff.

In my experience, CL rooms don'ttned to be ready early. I'd guess that CL guests are MOST likely to request LATE check out, even if they have to pay for it. Even if your room is not ready, you can still sit in the lounge.

One more option if your room is not ready- consider the pool area locker rooms. You can get a locker (sometimes free), take a shower, change, etc. I was pleasantly surprised this trip to discover the BC locker room, located in the hotel gym. It was right off the pool area, and had free water-cooler water, nice lockers, a hair dryer, even shampoo and conditioner!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2012, 01:14 PM   #213
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemofans View Post
We won't have the option of checking in upstairs in CL b/c we will be arriving in the evening. I am a little disappointed by it, but that's the situation. So I just ask for the gold cards at front desk? Should I introduce us to a CL CM in the morning so they know who we are?
You won't need to introduce yourself to CL staff, they greet you. No matter where you stay, the CL staff only works in normal length shifts. So it won't be the same person always. If you get your pakcet at check-in, then you only need to stop by the desk if you want help with something.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #214
Brit17
DIS Veteran

What view can you get with a Garden View CL room at the YC? ... The view is not of the parking lot and/or rooftop, is it? ... Also, do all the Garden View CL rooms at the YC have a full balcony? ... Thanx
Old 08-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #215
travelgoddess
DIS Veteran

1st time BC-Club ?'s

This is our first time staying in a club concierge category and we are very excited about it, we're not arriving til Thanksgiving, just had a few ?'s

-Can we grab a bottled water or soda and take to our room?
-Do the hot food offering change daily? The only one I've seen is scallops, I am allergic to shellfish, will there be other offerings aside from shellfish?
-We are currently booked in club-standard, I keep checking daily for garden or a water view. If we can't get a better room category, I was told the view would be of a rooftop?Are the standard view rooms all the small balconies?
-Are there any king beds in standard? Which views have fireworks view?
Sorry so many questions, when we booked it was over 300 days out, now we're at 85 days so we're starting to really get anxious.

Thanks so much
Boardwalk Inn 2002
Wilderness Lodge 2003
Port Orleans French Quarter 2004
Wilderness Lodge 2006
Caribbean Beach Resort 2008
Port Orleans Riverside 2011

THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW!!!!
Old 08-28-2012, 03:52 PM   #216
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelgoddess View Post
This is our first time staying in a club concierge category and we are very excited about it, we're not arriving til Thanksgiving, just had a few ?'s

-Do the hot food offering change daily? The only one I've seen is scallops, I am allergic to shellfish, will there be other offerings aside from shellfish?
-We are currently booked in club-standard, I keep checking daily for garden or a water view. If we can't get a better room category, I was told the view would be of a rooftop?Are the standard view rooms all the small balconies?
We just stayed BC CL in June and you can always get soda from the fridge and take back to your room. Even at night the lounge doors are open and there was always soda in the fridge.
Bottled water was never out when we were there but the CM's told us that we could just ask and they would be happy to give us bottled water. We did just that and were happy with the service.

I believe that you can tell the CL about your allergies and they should be able to accomodate you. Maybe someone else can help with this one.

We also had a standard view and had a full balcony. We had a view of SAB if you looked to your left but if you looked out straight and down it was a rooftop, room 5677. Didn't bother me at all.

Enjoy your trip. We loved the BC CL. It was our first time doing CL and now we are hooked.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

Old 08-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #217
pld5
Dreaming of Disney

Good report on my first experience with IPO for WL

February 2013 will be our first club level stay at WL (second time at WL, but first time club level). I have been working my spreadsheet for several weeks and planning what ADR's we wanted to get, but decided to give up some of my control and let the IPO make our reservations this morning (our 180 day mark). I faxed our planning questionnaire to them last Friday, got confirmation on Saturday, called them with credit card information for those ADR's that required it, then called them again yesterday to change one ADR time and add an entire new ADR (for CRT no less).

I woke up this morning to find out that they sent me an email at 620am that all of my ADR's have been made, and they also pointed out that I am over my dining plan limit, but am able to pay for any of those ADR's outside of the dining plan while I am there. I have to say it was a nice feeling to know someone was "working" on my behalf while I got a chance to hit the snooze button.

Each email and fax has been answered in less than 24 hours and each phone conversation (all 2 of them) have been very pleasant, and they continue to ask if there is anything else they can help with. I have asked about and been provided with information on renting bicycles while there. I have also asked whether they would be able to put any items in our room for my DS's birthday if I ship it to the resort. They informed me that they can, and just asked me to let them know what day and what time of day they should plan to do that.

I didn't know what to expect but have thus far been very pleasantly surprised.
1972 - 1987 -WDW semi-annual trips with parents & brother -offsite hotels, 10/2005 - Pregnant with DS - offsite rental home (DH's first trip), 3/2010 -DS's first visit for his 4th birthday - offsite rental home, First stay onsite -WL "]Better Late Than Never January 22-28, 2012, They Don't Make Pencils in PA? Feb/Mar 2013 TR, Why Do I Have To Ride By Myself? Feb/Mar 2014 TR
Old 08-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #218
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonzerosum View Post
We will be staying at the GF CL (outer bldg) and am wondering how early we can access the lounge on the day of check-in? We will be arriving at the GF on check-in day at about 7am after a long overnight international flight. I know the room won't be available until later in the day, but it sure would be nice to have a place to sit ourselves and refresh prior to hitting the park that morning. Also, are CL rooms typically ready at around 3pm, as the regular rooms are?
You can use the lounge and all other resort amenities as soon as you check in . There is a chance your room won't be ready until later in the day, but there's also a chance it will be ready when you get there, it just depends on how busy they are at the time. The SL building is keyed access and a CM should take you to that building to check you in, so as soon as you get your KTTW cards, you will have access to the building/lounge. Have a great trip .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-28-2012, 08:39 PM   #219
PittPantherfan
Mouseketeer

Just when you think you have it all figured out...

We stayed at the BC CL GV in May 2011. We have a family of 5. Our room was perfect, large day bed and dormer/full balcony. I had talked to the CL CMs about the layout of the floor. They told me then that there were 8 CL rooms with GV - all down the wing headed to the newport suite, hall to the right of the CMs desks if you are facing the desks. I was excited with this piece of info because they also said that all of those rooms had full dormer balconies. So, I think, great the next time we come I won't need to worry about the balcony issue because I will go for GV CL. I am an extreme creature of habit!

Well, I go to start reseaching our reservation for next year and now in the room descriptions, parties of 5 cannot be booked into GV. The only view for CL parties of 5 is standard. So now I begin to worry about getting the juliet balcony - I really enjoy sitting on a balcony on vacation. I guess they always gotta keep you guessing.

Does anyone know out of all of the BC SV CL rooms, how many may have the dreaded juliet balcony? I've been to the BC board and no clear info there.

2003 Cocoa Beach/2006 Marriott Horizons-Harbour Lake/2007 Marriott Cypress Harbour/2009 Sheraton Vistana Villages
May 2011 Beach Club CL/June 2013 Beach Club CL

SADLY NO TICKER- No return trip planned yet
Old 08-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #220
barbliny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemofans View Post
I don't know what time frame you are referencing as evening, but the BC CL desk staff does not leave until 10 pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluv'r View Post
As for the greeter expereince. My luck has been about 50/50 on getting a front door greeter. It's not likley to happen if you arrive via rental car.
Our experience last week - we arrived via rental car - we were greeted by name when we pulled up. However, I was being directed to the regular desk. A quick mention to the person walking me over that we were staying club level, and we were walked right up to the 5th floor. So, yes I do think that it is more likely you 'are missed' as a CL guest if you are not arriving on ME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluv'r View Post
In my experience, CL rooms don'ttned to be ready early. I'd guess that CL guests are MOST likely to request LATE check out, even if they have to pay for it. Even if your room is not ready, you can still sit in the lounge.
We checked in on Wednesday 8/15 at 11:00 am and our room was ready and waiting for us. This was also the case for the 3 or 4 other groups that were checking in right before and after us.

Quote:

Thanks so much
I see that most of your other questions were answered. This one I didn't see ...

I can't speak as to whether there are king beds in standard view.
I can tell you that our garden view CL room at BC had a view of the fireworks at Epcot from our balcony (those that made it high enough to go over the roofs opposite us). From what I understand there are less than 10 GV BC CL rooms - they are hard to get, but I would keep checking if that's what you want. Our room looked over a landscaped courtyard and volleyball court - and you could see a large part of the lagoon and all the wonderful lights on the Boardwalk.

Have fun.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:14 PM   #221
whamma
DIS Veteran

Should we upgrade to club level at the Poly?

Just trying to decide if it's worth it. We're staying 3 nights at the Poly next week (9/6-9/9). We don't arrive until 10 p.m. the first night. Also while we are there NOJ is going on at MK so there are no fireworks either night. Right now we're just staying in a standard view room (DH, DS 15, DD 9 and me) and the upgrade to club level is a total of $350 (with an AP discount). We are going to WDW as a "surprise" for DD's 10th birthday which is 9/8. Any opinions??? We've never stayed club anywhere before so we won't be comparing the Poly to any other club level.
WDW with DVC: AKV- Jambo March 20-28, 2009, SSR July 10-17, 2009, BLT/AKV-Kidani Dec. 20-27, 2009, WL April 1-4, 2010, OKW July 25-31, 2010, BWV March 31-April 3, 2011, SSR August 9-16, 2011, BLT December 17-24, 2011, SSR July 31-August 6, 2012, POLY Sept. 6-9, 2012,BLT April 12-14, 2013, BCV/BLT July 19-27, 2014
DCL Cruises: Magic Western Caribbean March 22-29, 2008, Wonder 4-night Bahamas April 4-8, 2010, Dream 4-night Bahamas March 27-31, 2011, DCL Dream 4-night Bahamas April 14-18, 2013

Disneyland: GCV April 5-12, 2012, GCV March 22-28, 2014
Upcoming Trips: 1st Disney Princess Half Marathon BLT February 20-24, 2015, DCL Fantasy 7-night Eastern March 28-April 4, 2015
DVC member AKV 2008 BLT 2009
Old 08-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #222
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is our first time staying in a club concierge category and we are very excited about it, we're not arriving til Thanksgiving, just had a few ?'s.
Mostly the bottled water I've seen is in glass bottles. Others may have different experiences, but we always bring water in plastic bottles for the parks/poolside. The glass bottles are more for your room.

Every day there is different hot offerings, and more than just scallops. At BC, we saw samosas, cold lobster salad (I know, not an option), fried dumplings, cheese is always out, veggies with dip are always out, rolls and crackers, peanut butter/jelly, sliced apples, a salad of some kind (like olives with feta, tomato/basil/mozerella). That was during out very short recent stay at BC, other items we've seen items like mini pizza, eggrolls with assorted fillings. They are mostly fried dumplings of some kind, but only one at a time is seafood.

That said, you can ask about allergies, and they may give you an alternative. they might also plate up some items that have not been contaminated. The procedures vary from resort to resort, and CM to CM. In my experience, if you ask them to plate something though you are kind of committing to being there at a certain time. That's the downside.

We seriously don't mind 'standard view' club level. The view you get is not going to be ideal, but you usually get some kind of partial view. Usually views of actual parking lots are obstructed with landscaping, IME. No matter where you stay, Club level almost always has at least some view of a rooftop- you are on the top level of the resort- it's impossible to avoid. (at all WDW resorts!) On our most recent stay, we had garden view. It was only slightly different from standard view in my opinion. Both times we could see the courtyard, and other guest rooms. The only resorts that are sort of different is the CR Bay Lake view on the 12th floor and the AKL safari view. I suppose if you get Poly or GF castle view (non club level) that's also sort of different, but at GF you can only get true castle view on non club level. (there's always a building in the way)

Our standard view CL rooms have always had balconies, except once at Poly. I think at BC it's only the deluxe rooms that may have standing balconies. I would never pick those because they are also not on the same floor as the lounge/desk. My personal opinion, is that the most important 'request' of staying club level is to be close to the lounge. I don't nkow about your vacation, but we don't spend all that much time on our balcony, maybe 20 min each morning tops. Almost any view gives me a sense of being at WDW, in the heart of the magic, but having to go between floors or walk down a very LONG hallway is very time consuming.

I'm thinking you have a slightly unrealistic idea of what club level view means. Fireworks view probably likely in suites at BC, otherwise it's luck of the draw. At BC, club level rooms face all different ways, some will have a view towards Epcot, some don't. (consider looking at Google mpas to see the resort layout to see what I mean) When we stayed Standard there, we would have had a fairly decent view of the fireworks if we had been there during the show. Last we as well, our Garden view room would have had about as good a view as you can get. But I will warn you, the Epcot fireworks are very low to the ground, there are large trees between Epcot and BC, so you are never going to get a full view of the show from any balcony. At best, you'll see about 2/3 the show. I've only been at BC twice, but I have stayed at the Swan many times- which has a bettter angle and is higher- and even there, you don't see the whole show. If you really want a view of nightly fireworks, from your room, with minimal trees, and no parking lot, on club level - the ONLY option is Poly MK view. Everything else is going to involve some compromise. Even at Poly, the view is not that same as in the park.

I think King beds are an option. go tot he Disney website and check the descriptions of each room category. It will tell you there.

I'm not trying to be mean, I love club level. I am guessing that you will LOVE it. Of all the CL resorts we've tried, BC's staff is among the very best! The pool is amazing! Be sure to explore all the nooks and crannies of the pool area! Also, if you have kids, get a kids meal at the outdoor lunch area so they get a sand pail. The food is excellent, the landscaping is among the best, and the location is fabulous.

Last edited by mickeyluv'r; 08-29-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:52 AM   #223
nemofans
DIS Veteran

Our flight lands at 9:30 pm, so by the time we get to AKL by DME, it will be past 10 pm.

8/2000 Grosvenor Resort (got engaged!), 11/2005 DL PPH CL, 12/2006 Poly, 02/2008 AKL, 2/2010 CR CL, 2/2011 DCL Magic, 11/2011 DL GCH, 10/2012 AKL CL

2013 Book Challenge: 87 out of 75 GOAL MET!!
2014 Book Challenge: 77 out of 85
Old 08-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #224
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whamma View Post
Just trying to decide if it's worth it.
I think it is worthwhile, but if you read my previous post, fireworks views are generally low on my list of reasons to pick CL. At Poly, probably the best castle view is in the lounge itself, which has large picture windows. You might not get a balcony, but I think that's always true at Poly.

What I value most in any resort, is ways to maximize our time. I like speedy transportation. One of the reasons we love CL so much is that we really maximize the 'vacation' part of our time at WDW. (less lines, etc.) You also get extra 'hang out' space. It's super great if someone wants little extra sleep, or if kids are part of your party, because the whole CL building at Poly is only CL guest access.

The flip side of CL is that it means changing how we tour. You can only take advantage of the club level food if you are there. The best times to access the lounge are breakfast and 5-7pm appetizers/beer and wine hour (or alternately 8-10pm for desserts/cordials). If you are hard core commando, CL might not be for you.

CL means extra service. (again quick!) I plan trips myself, and know my way around WDW. Even still, CL staff is always quick with answers/help. You never wait in a long line. Beyond that, staff have been lifesavers, and vacationsavers when we've had small mishaps. Er, they were small because they were quickly resolved. Once, a family member lost her purse, including rental car keys. On our own, we probably would have located lost and found eventually, but CL staff located the purse in minutes- because they knew exactly where to call. That's the kind of kind of 'trip insurance' I really apprecaite.

There are limits, but if you get to WDW, and decide you don't like one of your ADR's, they can help you find an alternative in a timely manner. I don't use it often, but flexibility is liberating.

Oh, and best of all.....all club levels have latte machines. Ah....with the push of a button, you have a latte! SO much better than NASTY swill-filled refillable mugs. You'll never go back! Also, if you like to eat a healthy breakfast, you'll like CL. I can't say the appetizers are all healthy, but breakfast means fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, breads, cereal, juices. That's breakfast I like. I hate urn-style coffee, vat cooked semi-raw eggs, greasy potato, lines, having to make our breakfasts conform to the DDP, trekking all the way to the food court and back. You get soft drinks and whole fruits all day, and beer/wine/cordials (see hours).

I say go for it- but please read what everyone has to say about it. Lots of good info here, especially the start of the thread.

Last edited by mickeyluv'r; 08-29-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #225
PolyndianPrincessJes
Alias: TotalSnowWhite
I'm a Snapfish/Shutterfly/Winkflash addict
Yes, you totally can do that, and I do!!!

Quote:

Sorry so many questions, when we booked it was over 300 days out, now we're at 85 days so we're starting to really get anxious.

Thanks so much
We were given plastic bottles of water on occasion when we asked. We also had it show up in our rooms (maybe we asked too much!! ).

The food changes daily, but I believe allergies can be accomodated.

We were in SV (all that was left!!) in May/June, and we had a great view of fireworks and SE from our tiny balcony.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: