Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #466
MEK
DIS Veteran

Wow - I am REALLY late to this trip report...say 3 months late. Oh well, when you tuck these things over on the Cruise Line thread they are a little harder to find. At least for me.

But fortunately for me I just booked my first Disney Cruise, so I was over here checking things out.

Love the movie montage at the beginning. Too cute.

Since I can't see pictures at work I think I will wait until I can see them before I read.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #467
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Ellen - love the Hawaii pics! Hope you had a blast, cant wait for the TR!
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2012, 06:30 PM   #468
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Bette View Post
Loving your pictures Ellen! Just booked our airfare and a room at the Hyatt MCO for the March cruise!
Well, that was smart! I am waiting to book my airfare- on the slight off chance that the group of friends I really wanted to go away with for Spring Break are able to book something- but I really can't wait much longer, the airfares are soooo bad, and I would hate for them to get worse-

I have a studio booked at BWV for us for the night before. Points help to make it a little less expensive on this trip!

I'm glad everyone likes the pics! I came home a little jet lagged- but ready to update this tr, and start a new one, this weekend!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:52 PM   #469
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Here I am laid up in bed with a strained back...all I can do is read TRs on my phone. Help me out with an update....oh and worse....no wine until it heals. Aaaaaaa

Join THE DIS DAD'S CLUB Here![/QUOTE]
tokyodisneydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:16 AM   #470
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to an update!!
Disneyland: Nov '14-Hojo's... June '13-Hojo's.....May '12-BWPPI...May ’09-Hojo’s…Oct ‘07–Grand Californian…Nov ‘06–Paradise Pier...June ’04–Disneyland Hotel...June ‘96-Anaheim Hilton…July ‘95-Carousel Inn…Aug ’92–Carousel Inn…July ’90-Embassy Suites…July ’89-Anaheim Hilton…May ’88-Penny Sleeper…May ’87-Penny Sleeper…April ’77 (?)…June ’76 - Disneyland Hotel….June ‘73 First trip ever to Disneyland!!!

WDW: July ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center.…April ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center….July ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center….April ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center
Misskitty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #471
podsnel

It was time for some relaxin by on the adult deck- Cammie had been up there the whole time we were gone, working on her tan- I don't know HOW she did it. It was POWERFULLY hot up there- I lasted all of about 3 minutes before we decided to try to cool off in the adult pool. Only, that wasn't so easy. either- as Kara said, the shallow water was warm, the deeper water was over our heads- such a STRANGE pool! What the heck were they thinking? So...we tried to cool off-

But we just couldn't do it! The bar was close-

But I didn't understand the bar either- is it supposed to be a swim up bar? But your feet can't touch the water when you sit on the stool- so...what is it?

Anyway....I believe that was when we met HIM- Pauldo- although I didn't take his pic until later (when we found him AGAIN! AMAZING! We are so freakin skilled!)

Eventually, we were finished, and all went back to shower. Cammie & Joanie headed to the theatre to see Villians Tonight, which I have seen once, and that's enough for me. Not that it's bad- it's just really long and not my favorite. Kara and I had to find something to occupy ourselves......hmmm....I wonder what we did??

Old 09-01-2012, 05:41 PM   #472
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I haven't gone in that pool yet, but I thought it had a strange set up too. The bar stools out of water I thought was weird too.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #473
podsnel

Well, Kara and I went out on deck to wave goodbye to our first love- the Magic- as she pulled out of port.

Of course, first we ran around begging every CM to tell us if there was going to be a horn battle- and although there were many wagers placed on it, a horn battle was not to be. This news was absolutely CRUSHING to the two of us- we wanted a battle!

Click to play-

Click to play-

Seriously- we were both in tears watching her pull out- we are just so sappy!! But, that didn't last long-

click to play-

That Kara- she so funny!!

Well, I was a little tired, so we went in search of an espresso at the Vista Cafe-

And we took a little tour around the ship-

While we were walking, Kara came to the conclusion that if she married one of the crew, she could stay on board! So she asked this guy-

But I don't think she was his type-

Soon it was our turn to sail away-

Next, we had a little dilemma to solve- you see, we both were CC Members, but there was only one backpack gift in our cabin. So Kara was on a hunt to get another one- because the one she had gotten on the Magic last month had disappeared.....bad news, because they only give out 1 per cabin. Bummer, dude- for me, that is- I hope it's the same gift next March and May, tho- then we'll all have one!

And then we were headed to happy hour, but on the way, I did my best Cindy impression-

Which really needs some work! Up next- Where's Pauldo??
Old 09-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #475
podsnel

Hi! Just wanted to let you know I have started my Hawaii TR- it's called Gidget goes Hawaiian and here's a link! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post46025146 Hope to see you there!
Old 09-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #476
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Wow - I am REALLY late to this trip report...say 3 months late. Oh well, when you tuck these things over on the Cruise Line thread they are a little harder to find. At least for me.

But fortunately for me I just booked my first Disney Cruise, so I was over here checking things out.

Love the movie montage at the beginning. Too cute.

Since I can't see pictures at work I think I will wait until I can see them before I read.
Hi MEK!!!! So glad you are here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Ellen - love the Hawaii pics! Hope you had a blast, cant wait for the TR!
Thanks! I just started!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyodisneydad View Post
Here I am laid up in bed with a strained back...all I can do is read TRs on my phone. Help me out with an update....oh and worse....no wine until it heals. Aaaaaaa
Oh NOOOOOO!!!!!!!! What happened? I think you NEED the wine- to relax your back! Hope you feel better soon-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misskitty3 View Post
Looking forward to an update!!
Thanks for being my first reader over on the new one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I haven't gone in that pool yet, but I thought it had a strange set up too. The bar stools out of water I thought was weird too.
Yea- on the one hand, the amount of area for just adults is HUGE, and we all LOVED having all of that space. On the other hand, it was so strange in several ways!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I love the videos...Claire had to stop and take a look too.
Glad you liked them- I watch the one of Kara a lot when I miss her- which is pretty often-
Old 09-02-2012, 05:30 PM   #477
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Well look who's back! Hope you're not having too terrible withdrawals? We missed you! So strange about the adult pool - you'd think they would have planned it better. Heading over to your TR
MAGICFOR2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #478
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I can't wait for May 2013 !!!!!!! Cruising with the Dis Moms !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:03 PM   #479
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
me too LOL
Old 09-03-2012, 12:00 AM   #480
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Well look who's back! Hope you're not having too terrible withdrawals? We missed you! So strange about the adult pool - you'd think they would have planned it better. Heading over to your TR
Yes!! I am having SUCH withdrawals!! If I had no responsibility, to anyone but myself, I would move to either Kauai or Venice- but I might do better on Kauai, being my Italiano, she's a not so good- eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
me too LOL
ME TOO!!!! I hear those DISmoms are aLOT of fun!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: