Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #196
DISNEYDUET
Will sing for Mickey Bars and Dole Whips! Oh and extra DVC points!

Late to the party but can't wait to hear about it!

DISNEYDUET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #197
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your meal at LTT!

Back to my comment on HDDR. I'm trying to remember which show we went to in '09. I thought it was the last show but now that I think really hard I think it was the middle. Now I will have to consider getting Category 1. Although booking Category 1 at this point would probably mean farther back anyways. URGH!! I dunno what to do now! lol.
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #198
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYDUET View Post
Late to the party but can't wait to hear about it!
Welcome! Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Can't wait to hear about the rest of your meal at LTT!

Back to my comment on HDDR. I'm trying to remember which show we went to in '09. I thought it was the last show but now that I think really hard I think it was the middle. Now I will have to consider getting Category 1. Although booking Category 1 at this point would probably mean farther back anyways. URGH!! I dunno what to do now! lol.
Hmmm...maybe book the middle show Cat. 3 and request balcony? Honestly the show is good from wherever you sit, but we sat in the back under the balcony once and it was tough for the kids...I think that was supposed to be Cat. 2. I'd much rather be on the balcony than there!

Hope you enjoy the rest of the LTT review!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #199
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Everything looks great at LTT
20ish trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:57 PM   #200
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

I didn't know you could get the rolls at LTT for lunch too. We've had them at dinner and they are so yummy!

I want to get some of those mugs so bad! Wish I could get them on-line. They are too cute.

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside, Wilderness Lodge
Smiling Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:10 PM   #201
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance

Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)

We love love love LTT and your reviews make me so happy! I'm glad you asked for the rolls at lunch, I could NOT imagine a meal there without them, they're delicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreetFireman View Post
Speaking of Jersey pies, have you ever tried Maruca's tomato pies in Seaside Park? A different spin in their cheese mixture, they include cheddar. (That's why they call them "tomato pies" and not pizza...)
OH MY GOD! I can't believe someone on the DIS is mentioning Maruca's! Until three years ago I lived in Toms River about 15 minutes from Seaside...growing up, Maruca's was my family's favorite pizza. I remember for a couple years they had opened a second location further in town that delivered, and my mom thought it was the best thing ever to have Maruca's come straight to our door! No pizza I've ever had, even at few 'famous' spots in NYC, was as good as Maruca's!
BlovesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #202
Roma
Mouseketeer

I am definitely going to request those rolls with honey butter when we eat at LTT for lunch in November. I cannot resist honey butter in any form.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:30 PM   #203
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the tip on asking for rolls at lunch at LTT. Will have to remember that in a few months when we have our lunch ADR.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:53 AM   #204
auntfrannie
DIS Veteran

LTT is one my favorite places for lunch! It's always good. I think I might have to change up my plans next time and make a meal from the appetizers. The Johnny Appleseed Cake does look really good; there was another glowing review I saw a month or so ago.
auntfrannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #205
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Everything looks great at LTT
Everything was great, but I would avoid the pasta dish next time and go for the Colony Salad. We enjoyed our lunch a LOT and would love to return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Cheshire Cat View Post
I didn't know you could get the rolls at LTT for lunch too. We've had them at dinner and they are so yummy!

I want to get some of those mugs so bad! Wish I could get them on-line. They are too cute.
The rolls don't come automatically at lunch like they do with dinner; you just have to ask for them. Our server was nice about it, but I have read one or two reviews where the server was less than excited to provide them.

Aladdin has spied the LTT mugs once in a blue moon on e-bay...not sure what they went for. It's worth a search. I agree they are great mugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlovesC View Post
We love love love LTT and your reviews make me so happy! I'm glad you asked for the rolls at lunch, I could NOT imagine a meal there without them, they're delicious!

OH MY GOD! I can't believe someone on the DIS is mentioning Maruca's! Until three years ago I lived in Toms River about 15 minutes from Seaside...growing up, Maruca's was my family's favorite pizza. I remember for a couple years they had opened a second location further in town that delivered, and my mom thought it was the best thing ever to have Maruca's come straight to our door! No pizza I've ever had, even at few 'famous' spots in NYC, was as good as Maruca's!
I think your review was the one that tipped us off about the rolls? We were really surprised how much we enjoyed our lunch at LTT. I don't typically enjoy that type of food in a restaurant, don't love 50's PT pot roast, but LTT's was truly superior. We'd go back in a heartbeat.

Aladdin and I grew up spending summers in Lavallette, Ocean Beach and Mantoloking, so we are very familiar with Toms River, Seaside, etc. We LOVE Maruca's!! It is my favorite pizza of the North, by a significant margin. They opened one in Brick (I thought it was Brick, or is that TR, there?) not far from my in-laws' home, is that the one you mean? We are so sad we missed it this summer...but at least we had VN to make up for it! (Well, sort of...apples and oranges really)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
I am definitely going to request those rolls with honey butter when we eat at LTT for lunch in November. I cannot resist honey butter in any form.
If you love honey butter, you will adore this treat! Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Thank you for the tip on asking for rolls at lunch at LTT. Will have to remember that in a few months when we have our lunch ADR.
You're welcome about the tip. I learned the secret here on The DIS and I'm happy to spread the pixie dust around! Enjoy your lunch and the rolls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntfrannie View Post
LTT is one my favorite places for lunch! It's always good. I think I might have to change up my plans next time and make a meal from the appetizers. The Johnny Appleseed Cake does look really good; there was another glowing review I saw a month or so ago.
Oh, yeah, have the Johnny Appleseed's!!! I am not a fan of apply desserts, so I never would have chosen this one, but Herc loves them, so this was his pic. We wish we could have swapped the toffee cake for another one of those (not really, after all, we had to taste the toffee cake).

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Old 08-29-2012, 03:27 PM   #206
jerseytinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Great update! I'm so glad that you guys had a great lunch at LTT! This has definitely become a must-do for DH & I. I really enjoyed the Johnny Appleseed cake as well. That's what they served for dessert at dinner when I was there last December and I didn't think I would like it, but it was surprisingly delicious. I keep wanting to get one of those mugs because I think they are just too cute, but I always forget about it when we're there. I must remember to get one next time. $5 is a good deal for a nice glass like that!
jerseytinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:35 PM   #207
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Sunday, 9/5/12 - Cocktails - Tambu Lounge

Prior to our trip, we had scheduled a mini DisMeet for early in the afternoon on this day. Aladdin and I met up at the Tambu Lounge with MCDomzal and her DS fightinillini229. We had such a delightful conversation in the most beautiful setting! I have decided that the Tambu is one of my new favorite spots in all of WDW!

Our bartender was John, and he was great! I ordered the famous Lapu Lapu and Aladdin went with the Back Scratcher:

I just love the Lapu Lapu! It's a rum punch served in a pineapple, with more rum floated on top. Aladdin brought his spork so I could really lay waste to that entire pineapple. Delicious and strong! I also enjoy scraping the sides with the straw and slurping that pulp right up through the straw. Aladdin's Back Scratcher was good, but it wouldn't be my choice. He enjoyed it. I thought it was strong with rum flavor but not quite as balanced with fruit as the Lapu Lapu.

MCDomzal ordered a cranberry juice because she had to go pick up her DD and DH and Universal that day, and fightinillini229 got a Back Scratcher. I guess I will view that Back Scratcher as a manly drink!

We enjoyed our lovely interlude at the Tambu and decided we would never go another Poly trip without at least one evening of relaxation there. We would sample some more concoctions later in the week so stay tuned for the reviews of those.

Rating for the Tambu for overall experience (drinks, service, company and atmopshere) is:

5/5! Cocktail lounge Nirvana!

ETA: Almost forgot to add the cost to the report. Our bill for this delightful experience was $28.17 including tax and tip.

Up next, dinner at Citricos!

Last edited by iloveeeyore; 08-29-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #208
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseytinkerbell View Post
Great update! I'm so glad that you guys had a great lunch at LTT! This has definitely become a must-do for DH & I. I really enjoyed the Johnny Appleseed cake as well. That's what they served for dessert at dinner when I was there last December and I didn't think I would like it, but it was surprisingly delicious. I keep wanting to get one of those mugs because I think they are just too cute, but I always forget about it when we're there. I must remember to get one next time. $5 is a good deal for a nice glass like that!
Thank you! I know we will be back again to LTT for lunch for sure! And the Appleseed's cake really surprised me, too. The description did not sound appealing at all! Maybe we liked it so much because our expectations were pretty low? I truly believe that a large part of enjoyment is determined by managing expectations. Maybe we just expected too much from the toffee cake?

The glasses are adorable and look great in our kitchen. They are a steal for $5.00!

Old 08-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #209
MainStreetFireman
DIS Veteran

more info

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveeeyore View Post
Aladdin brought his spork so I could really lay waste to that entire pineapple.
The "spork" in question is a CRKT Eat'N Tool.

You should be able to get it at at most outdoors stores, as well as on ebay.

I've been BOOed by iloveeeyore
MainStreetFireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:32 PM   #210
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

Mmm, love, love, LOVE LTT!! You got two of our favourite entrees there (pilgrim's feast and the pot roast) and my mouth was watering looking at your wonderful pictures. I usually go for the toffee cake for dessert but your review of the johnny appleseed cake is seriously tempting me to deviate from the norm ... decisions, decisions!

We've never stopped for drinks at the Tambu Lounge, but from your description, it sounds like a lovely place to enjoy an adult beverage.

Thanks for the update!

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: