Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #256
cittycat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
The exchanges sound like so much fun. I would love to join in on these! I would love to sign Seth up for the Halloween one as well, but it might be a little tough getting Halloween things for a 16 month old!
Oh....16mo old Halloween stuff could be TOTALLY cute!!!
Old 08-28-2012, 04:35 PM   #257
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I am so looking forward to costume shopping for him this year, cause I think we could find something really cute for him to waddle around in! Haha.

So I got approval from my boss today to take the days off for the girls trip! I was a little worried about asking her as I just started a month ago, but she was totally fine with it!!! I will be coming in Wednesday evening and staying until Sunday sometime, depending on when I can get flights.
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #258
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

Does anyone know if Mel posted the blue tee shirt, not the design but the color she has chosen? I asked her awhile back but never saw an answer. I really want to find a shirt before the stores have nothing but winter clothes.
Beth, while you were gone some of us discussed a group photo in CA since we can't do the Princess one. What do you think about a photo there?
Lisa wants tie dye in the hippie stand in Carsland. LOL
Old 08-28-2012, 05:05 PM   #259
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
Does anyone know if Mel posted the blue tee shirt, not the design but the color she has chosen? I asked her awhile back but never saw an answer. I really want to find a shirt before the stores have nothing but winter clothes.
Beth, while you were gone some of us discussed a group photo in CA since we can't do the Princess one. What do you think about a photo there?
You betcha! LOL The photo spot in front of the waterfall would be nice. Or down in front of the water with the Death Wheel in the background?

Old 08-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #260
debbiedoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4
Good morning, ladies! Happy Tuesday.

You should do it, it's a lot of fun. In the sign-up questions, I always ask if they are willing to send to Canada, and there are always people who are willing to do so. Theresa and Angie, both of whom are in Canada, have done the exchanges in the past.

You're probably referring to the exchanges they do over on the main DIS community board. They do lots of them over there, with all different themes. I used to do several of those. They are fun.

These are the same concept, but they are only for members, past or present, of the Diva trips, and our packages tend to be a bit....uh, bigger than the ones sent on the CB.
It's a fun way to build up camaraderie in the group leading up to the trips. Plus it's neat to send to and receive from someone you know you are going to meet in a few months.
Yes they were on the main board. Exchanges are always fun. . I also have an almost 14 ur old that would enjoy as well. She has done one in the past where they allowed kids.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

There are three classes of people: those who see, those who see when they are shown, those who do not see. Leonardo da Vinci
Old 08-28-2012, 06:10 PM   #261
cittycat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
You betcha! LOL The photo spot in front of the waterfall would be nice. Or down in front of the water with the Death Wheel in the background?
The Death Wheel! hahahahahaha...I love it!! We HATE that ride!! We ride it in the swinging cars....because you know...you have to...but we hate it!
Old 08-28-2012, 06:12 PM   #262
cittycat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I've seen the list of 'colors' to wear during the trip...do we purchase all of the shirts on our own or do we purchase one from TinkerMel?

Also, how do we get involved in the scavenger hunt & other events. (is it premature to ask these questions? Does more info come out later?)
Old 08-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #263
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
i am not a tie dye fan but I think this might be cute. LOL I'd like to know the color as well but haven't seen anything yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cittycat View Post
The Death Wheel! hahahahahaha...I love it!! We HATE that ride!! We ride it in the swinging cars....because you know...you have to...but we hate it!
No, no you don't....I haven't ridden the swinging cars and I won't. I could barely stand to ride in the stationary cars........I HATE that ride.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
Old 08-28-2012, 07:12 PM   #264
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

You know, I've heard all the hate about the so called "death wheel", so when we first rode it in 2010, I was a little scared to pick the swinging cars, but we did it anyways, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I was thinking it would be. Not sure why everyone's so scared of it, lol.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #265
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Guess who just booked her flight for the girls trip?!?!?!?

Since I had the approval from my boss, I decided to check out prices when I got home, and they just happened to have a seat sale going on at WestJet, so I jumped on it and am now booked! I come into LA at 9:05pm on Wednesday the 27th, and my flight leaves at 1:15pm on Sunday the 3rd to come back home.

Now I just have to figure out hotel. Jessica is not 100% sure she can afford to stay at HoJo, and I know I can't afford a room all by my lonesome, so if there is anyone I can room with, or who could like to room with me (Ive got a room booked with 2 queen beds at the HoJo), please let me know! I know it's still early, but I want to make sure I can cancel my hotel in time, if need be.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:16 PM   #266
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Oh....16mo old Halloween stuff could be TOTALLY cute!!!
I agree! It would be fun to shop for a real little one.

Quote:
I only skimmed what I missed while I was away, but I didn't see any shirt color. Aren't you going to order it from Mel?

I am so bummed about the Princess photo!!! So there really is no place to take photos with the princesses at all?? That shot with the tiaras was one of my favorites.

Quote:
Which waterfall? The one on the bridge over GRR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiedoo View Post
Yes they were on the main board. Exchanges are always fun. . I also have an almost 14 ur old that would enjoy as well. She has done one in the past where they allowed kids.

Definitely sign her up! These exchanges are way more fun, in my opinion, then the ones on the CB. I think because we know, or will meet, the person. My only problem is I tend to get carried away sending a lot of items! I think we all do.

Quote:
I hate it. It's evil.

Quote:
I've seen the list of 'colors' to wear during the trip...do we purchase all of the shirts on our own or do we purchase one from TinkerMel?

Also, how do we get involved in the scavenger hunt & other events. (is it premature to ask these questions? Does more info come out later?)
All of the shirts are purchased on your own, except the group tee. So, if you need a pink group tee from last year, PM Melody/Tinkermell and let her know.
Also, when the time comes for group tee, she will put all the info out there, and you can order it from her. IF you want to try and match the blue color, you can buy your own and send it to her to be printed. But, I think most of the group just orders from her.

As for the hunt, party, meals and other items, sign-ups will start for those later on. Don't worry, announcements will be made here and on our Facebook page. You won't miss it.

Quote:
That's awesome!! Whoo hooooo!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2012, 10:48 PM   #267
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Quote:
Come on now Lisa, I thought we were friends. Repeat after me...NO TIE DYE!

I think having the picture somewhere new in DCA is an excellent idea.

Quote:

Since I had the approval from my boss, I decided to check out prices when I got home, and they just happened to have a seat sale going on at WestJet, so I jumped on it and am now booked! I come into LA at 9:05pm on Wednesday the 27th, and my flight leaves at 1:15pm on Sunday the 3rd to come back home.

Now I just have to figure out hotel. Jessica is not 100% sure she can afford to stay at HoJo, and I know I can't afford a room all by my lonesome, so if there is anyone I can room with, or who could like to room with me (Ive got a room booked with 2 queen beds at the HoJo), please let me know! I know it's still early, but I want to make sure I can cancel my hotel in time, if need be.
Yeah for airfaire! Now you are for sure coming! Yippee!
I am sure you will find a roomie. I don't think anyone has been left without one in the past years. Sometimes women room hop from one to another, it just works out that way.

I have a dentist's appointment tomorrow. I know you are all jealous!
But I am going to have lunch with Brianne before so that part I am looking forward to.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
Old 08-28-2012, 11:14 PM   #268
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

Quote:
Or down in front of the water with the Death Wheel in the background?
I think this would be perfect!
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post

I only skimmed what I missed while I was away, but I didn't see any shirt color. Aren't you going to order it from Mel?

:
I always mail Mel my own tee. It may not match the color exactly but I get the fit that I know will fit me.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:38 PM   #269
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4

I am so bummed about the Princess photo!!! So there really is no place to take photos with the princesses at all?? That shot with the tiaras was one of my favorites.
:
I think I heard they are over by It's a Small World now.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:38 AM   #270
ten6mom
Mouseketeer

Ladies... I am so excited to see this as a new member! (I am still figuring out the app, however). I can't confirm now whether I'll be able to make the trip but I would love to get to know you all better regardless. (I feel like I already know Shelby of MyYearWithTheMouse fame). My name is Karisa (rhymes with Teresa) and I am in lovely sunny Phoenix. I am a newly single mom to two delightful boys ages 8 and 5. I can't wait to get to know you all and I really hope to be able to meet you in person!!!!

Oh... a picture.... how do I put a picture in here??? Guess I can't... it actually says "you MAY NOT post attachments". Boo.

Last edited by ten6mom; 08-29-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: