Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2012, 08:49 AM   #16
acename
DIS Veteran

Add me to the list of runners on the challenge. Right now I'm on C25K week 3. I've always hated running before doing c25k, but now that I have some direction I really love it. I'm even thinking about signing up for my first 5k December 1st.

We have a trip to Disney in October that I'd love to be about 8 pounds lighter for. Plus being at a comfortable weight during the holidays would be fantastic. Can't wait to get started!
acename is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #17
JacksLilWench
Bloody Pirates...

Count me in! I am also a runner, and so ready for my trip to WDW for the TOT 10mi race! I would also like to coach if I could

Only 30 days til my trip and can't wait! I'll go ahead now and set a mini-goal- I want to weigh-in at 172 before I leave for my trip. That's only 4lbs away, so one a week is very doable.

Can't wait to get started!
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #18
belledreamer
Hello Sweetie... <3
Nothing like reaching a goal to keep you motivated!

Got sent home from work early today for Issac so we're waiting with baited breath for it to come and get over with... Some wind and light rain right now but we've still had some sun coming through so I'm not as anxious at this point. Honestly I'm not convinced it's going to be as bad as they're saying it will be, but we've got our supplies ready for the next few days just in case and no work tomorrow so I'm planning on catching up on some reading and my writing projects.

Hope to get back here soon!
Old 08-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #19
Octoberbride03
I think Tweetie done gone Cuckoo
Been there, done that, married the man!

Welcome to the newbies

PMs have been sent and posts updated to celebrate, also some more information on the Mini-groups mentioned in Post 1 has been added.

Cya's later
Old 08-28-2012, 03:51 PM   #20
KayTom
Mouseketeer

I'm just about to send a PM, but i would LOVE to join this group!!!

My Disney trip is in January and i'm hoping to lose a good bit before then.

I'm Kayleigh, i live in the UK and i am not a runner, lol. But you never know what will come with time xx

P.S. I will be away from September 9th-15th, so i won't be posting that week xx
Old 08-28-2012, 07:05 PM   #21
tigger813
DIS Veteran

Tigger joining in and going to get to my goal this time!!!! This summer was just too stressful and busy for me to focus on myself!

I'll send my PM after this! I will be glad to coach again! I really missed it. I always do well the week I am coaching!

Welcome everyone!

Belledreamer- We love Dr. Who here as well! Can't wait until Saturday night!

TTFN

Next trip: Easter at Disney April 17-23 (3 nights Kidani Savanna View, 3 nights Wilderness Lodge)
tigger813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #22
Mom2aJessieGirl
DIS Veteran

Hi there! Two weeks ago, my DH and I started eating better. We are cutting refined sugars and grains...as well as added sugars. I have been using the MyFitnessPal app and that seems to be helping me keep track of what I'm eating.

My goal is to run the 2013 Marathon Weekend 5k! I need to lose some weight and gain some stamina first. Here's hoping this will help!
WDW (Dolphin/FW) February 2014; WDW (POP) March 2013 (F&G);WDW (ASsp) January 2013;WDW (POFQ/FW) May 2012 (SWW); WDW (FW) February 2012; WDW (POFQ) November-December 2011 (MVMCP); WDW (POFQ/FW) February 2011; DLR (GCH) August 2010; WDW (WL) Spring 2002; WDW (WL) August 1997; WDW (WL) July 1994; DLR (DLH) Mid 90's; WDW July-August 1991; WDW March 1989; And a couple more for good measure!
Mom2aJessieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:17 PM   #23
Disney Hokie Gal
Earning My Ears

I'd love to participate in this. I'm doing the W&D 1/2 and the Princess 1/2, and really want to lose some of this weight so I can run faster. Off to PM you now.
Disney Hokie Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #24
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

It's been awhile but I'd love to come back as a maintainer.

Hi, I'm Nicole! 2-3 years ago, the BL challenge inspired me to start running (Disney races, of course!) and helped me lose weight. While on the program, I ran my first half marathon (2010 Princess) and reached my goal weight. I'm still maintaining since then. Well, with a few fluctuations above my goal, but in the right range most of the time. I want to use the accountability and camaraderie of this thread to make sure I'm really staying on track. I've done a few half marathons and I'm now training for my first full. So I've pretty well got the fitness piece down. I would like to use this challenge as a motivator to exercise on more of my days off of run/walking and for nutrition inspiration.
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #25
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Hi Nicole! Nice to see you again! I can't believe that your DD is 5 already. You are one of the people who inspired me to start running in 2010. I hope I get to see you at the W&D in November or in January or both.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #26
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

I'm a runner too!!! A slow one but still a runner!

Welcome to all the newbies and vets!!!

It looks like we are going to have another awesome crew this fall!!
Old 08-29-2012, 07:46 PM   #27
Disneywedding2010
DIS Veteran

woohoo!! The fall thread is up!

Hi everyone! My name is Kristina and I live 15 minutes from Disney World. . The summer challenge I didn't do so hot. I think I only lost like 4 pounds or some crazy low number like that. I'm hoping now that stress has somewhat calmed down I'll be able to focus and get back on track.

I'm currently working with a reproductive endocrinologist to help me have another child. My late husband & 2 year old daughter passed away in 2008. Alan, my fiance, has been a huge rock these past 4.5 years helping me to deal with everything. He's cheered me on during my weight loss journey and has helped me celebrate the mini and major milestones. In 2010 I was at my heaviest, 233. On July 12th of this year I finally entered ONEDERLAND at 199.4. I'm currently floating around 198 and still have a LONG way to go but I'm confident I'll get there eventually.

Here's a little inspiration for ya. I made this a few nights ago:

As you can see my weight loss has been REALLY slow. Since moving to FL I have an awesome team of doctors (primary care, hematologist, and reproductive endo). My primary care doctor after looking over old test results that were done in 2010 came to the conclusion I had PCOS (poly cycstic ovarian syndrome). In June I went to see the RE for the first time. She asked a few simple questions and did an ultrasound of my ovaries. I had over 80 cysts combined between my 2 ovaries. I average about half a pound to a pound a week when it comes to weight loss. It was discouraging at first but now that I have my PCOS diagnosis I have learned to live with it and embrace it. No sense in beating myself up over it. There's not anything I can do to change how my body loses weight.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:24 PM   #28
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran

Count me in. I joined the summer one late. I have lots of work to do but a big goal to reach is coming off the bp meds they put me on. It's a low dose and if i lose some weight i can come off of them since i'm only boarder line high BP.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:34 PM   #29
kollerbear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Lots of runners on our fall BL thread -- I have 3 half marathons between now and the first of January.
That sounds awesome! Are you traveling for them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayTom View Post
I'm just about to send a PM, but i would LOVE to join this group!!!

My Disney trip is in January and i'm hoping to lose a good bit before then.

I'm Kayleigh, i live in the UK and i am not a runner, lol. But you never know what will come with time xx

P.S. I will be away from September 9th-15th, so i won't be posting that week xx
Welcome Kayleigh! I lived in the UK during high school and my family is still over there (outside of Guildford, SW of London). Sounds like you're possibly looking to start running? It seems like you came to the right place! So many runners here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2aJessieGirl View Post
Hi there! Two weeks ago, my DH and I started eating better. We are cutting refined sugars and grains...as well as added sugars. I have been using the MyFitnessPal app and that seems to be helping me keep track of what I'm eating.

My goal is to run the 2013 Marathon Weekend 5k! I need to lose some weight and gain some stamina first. Here's hoping this will help!
Welcome and that sounds like a great goal! I love MFP... it's a great app! I found out about it on the BL Challenges and use it most days now. Do you scan the codes with a Smartphone, too? I love showing that off to people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Hokie Gal View Post
I'd love to participate in this. I'm doing the W&D 1/2 and the Princess 1/2, and really want to lose some of this weight so I can run faster. Off to PM you now.
Welcome! Those races sound like so much fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
It's been awhile but I'd love to come back as a maintainer.

Hi, I'm Nicole! 2-3 years ago, the BL challenge inspired me to start running (Disney races, of course!) and helped me lose weight. While on the program, I ran my first half marathon (2010 Princess) and reached my goal weight. I'm still maintaining since then. Well, with a few fluctuations above my goal, but in the right range most of the time. I want to use the accountability and camaraderie of this thread to make sure I'm really staying on track. I've done a few half marathons and I'm now training for my first full. So I've pretty well got the fitness piece down. I would like to use this challenge as a motivator to exercise on more of my days off of run/walking and for nutrition inspiration.
Hi Nicole! That's so exciting to be training for your first full--congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
I'm a runner too!!! A slow one but still a runner!

Welcome to all the newbies and vets!!!

It looks like we are going to have another awesome crew this fall!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneywedding2010 View Post
woohoo!! The fall thread is up!

Hi everyone! My name is Kristina and I live 15 minutes from Disney World. . The summer challenge I didn't do so hot. I think I only lost like 4 pounds or some crazy low number like that. I'm hoping now that stress has somewhat calmed down I'll be able to focus and get back on track.

I'm currently working with a reproductive endocrinologist to help me have another child. My late husband & 2 year old daughter passed away in 2008. Alan, my fiance, has been a huge rock these past 4.5 years helping me to deal with everything. He's cheered me on during my weight loss journey and has helped me celebrate the mini and major milestones. In 2010 I was at my heaviest, 233. On July 12th of this year I finally entered ONEDERLAND at 199.4. I'm currently floating around 198 and still have a LONG way to go but I'm confident I'll get there eventually.

Here's a little inspiration for ya. I made this a few nights ago:

As you can see my weight loss has been REALLY slow. Since moving to FL I have an awesome team of doctors (primary care, hematologist, and reproductive endo). My primary care doctor after looking over old test results that were done in 2010 came to the conclusion I had PCOS (poly cycstic ovarian syndrome). In June I went to see the RE for the first time. She asked a few simple questions and did an ultrasound of my ovaries. I had over 80 cysts combined between my 2 ovaries. I average about half a pound to a pound a week when it comes to weight loss. It was discouraging at first but now that I have my PCOS diagnosis I have learned to live with it and embrace it. No sense in beating myself up over it. There's not anything I can do to change how my body loses weight.
Kristina--thanks so much for sharing your progress--it's very inspirational and it's great to put a face to your username!

My name is Samantha and I live in Queens with my boyfriend and three cats. I'm very excited to be joining the Fall Challenge as the weightkeeper and getting to check in with everyone each week! I work in Excel all day at a non-profit, so I jumped at the chance to do some recreational Excel here with BL. So Sue has shown me the ropes and I believe I'm ready to go!

My weight loss journey is taking much longer than anticipated, but it's so helpful to have such a great group of people who are doing the same thing. I'm really passionate about vegan cooking and I love to plan meals and eat good food! I track my food on MyFitnessPal and have owed all of my success to date through watching what I eat, with some extra walking to help getting over plateaus. I would possibly like to start getting back into more serious exercise this fall, be it through starting yoga or possibly re-starting running.

A year ago my boyfriend promised me that we could take a trip to WDW if I hit my goal weight. We probably won't actually be able to afford to do that in 2013 as I'd hoped, but I do kind of have my eyes on that theoretical prize anyway... Here's hoping!

Me (27)--> <--DF (26), Ella, Panther, Sasha, Abigail
kollerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #30
reagansmom
Mouseketeer

Hello!! Runner here, too. I am signed up for the ToT Ten Miler next month and the Princess Half in 2013.

I've struggled with the up/down cycle and would love to be down for the holidays and also lighter for the 1/2 and my quickly approaching 40th birthday!!
reagansmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: