Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #226
ltl engine
Mouseketeer

Limit???

Quote:
Originally Posted by thruthelookinglass19 View Post
I'm pretty sure I read on this thread that if you bought a $50 reloadable AMEX gift card, you'd get a $10 card free....well, AMEX is running another deal like that $25 gc free when you buy $200 -

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...card/home.html

I just got my $50 card and applied it to my fall trip! Don't know if my $10 will get here in time to add to my trip, or if I'll just have to keep it for spending money
Can we buy multiple cards? or maybe my husband buy 1 and I buy 1? I looked at the terms and it did not say 1 per household etc???

8/2005-All Star Movies; 8/2006-VWL
4/2008-VWL & DCL
9/2009-BCV/BLT; 5/2011 RPR & Nick
12/2012 GCH
5/2014-WL & RPR
ltl engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:05 PM   #227
2princesses3princes
Mouseketeer

Is there a cost to buy the American express reloadable card?
2princesses3princes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2012, 01:23 AM   #228
nightshaderose
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2princesses3princes View Post
Is there a cost to buy the American express reloadable card?
I ordered one and there was no cost for the card itself (aside from the $200 loaded on to it), but you have to do it via electronic bank transfer, and it takes a few days to get that sorted out (you give them your account info, then they do some tiny test deposits to make sure everything's above board), and *then* they withdraw the $200 and print your card.
According to the web site, there's also no cost to add more money if you do it via electronic transfer. The costs come in if you use it at an ATM or add money via MoneyPack or similar.

VACATION RULE #3
Touring plans are like boyfriends. They’re useful and comforting to have around, and they can often make the difference between the day being a disaster or a success, but you have to be willing to ditch them if they’re not making you happy.

'86: one day at Epcot with family; fall '04:5-day Pop All Hallows/F&WF; Jan/Feb '08: 7-day unintended "farewell to Pop Century" trip. (OMG we bought DVC!!); May '08: 4-day Grand Californian; Nov '08: 4-day F&WF trip to BCV (and a Dream Squad member changed my life); Jan/Feb '10: 5 days @ BWV + 3 days @ AKV club; Dec '10: solstice trip, 3 days AKV Jambo + 3 days BWV; Jan '12: Wow, I'm the first to graduate from my Jewelry Design Program! 4 days BLT, 4 days AKV-CL; Jan '13: 3 days BLT, 4 days AKV-Jambo; Jan '15: 7 days AKV-Jambo
nightshaderose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #229
Belle0101
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

I'm sorry, I've looked online at my WDW reservation and I just can't find where I, if I can, pay on my reservation using the Disney Gift Cards. I'm sure it's probably obvious and I've overlooked it.

Would someone be able to let me know where to look for this at on the site, please?

I would call and pay but I have a lot, a lot, of gift cards.

Thanks so much!!
Old 09-04-2012, 08:37 PM   #230
HoosierDaddy71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle0101 View Post
I'm sorry, I've looked online at my WDW reservation and I just can't find where I, if I can, pay on my reservation using the Disney Gift Cards. I'm sure it's probably obvious and I've overlooked it.

Would someone be able to let me know where to look for this at on the site, please?

I would call and pay but I have a lot, a lot, of gift cards.

Thanks so much!!
Did you book through the WDW website?

If so, then find your resort reservation, click on View Details. The look for the link that says something like "Pay balance" I would do a screenshot but our trip is paid off so I don't get the link any more. I am pretty sure if you booked by TA, you have to call the TA to pay with GC.

Next trip - 10/2014 Universal/Beach/MNSSHP
Previous trips:
10/2013 - Silver Lake Resort
10/2012 - CBR
10/2010 - Vacation Villias at FW
11/1999 - Timeshare
7/1987 - Off site
HoosierDaddy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:29 PM   #231
TinkNemoMom
Earning My Ears

Subbing in

Im subbing in to this thread. Thank you all for the
TinkNemoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #232
LynnTH
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if the Employee Target Discount works on these in addition to the Target Debit Card?
LynnTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:05 PM   #233
missx0xdelaney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnTH
Does anyone know if the Employee Target Discount works on these in addition to the Target Debit Card?
Yes, it does.

Find me on Instagram and Twitter!: @missx0xdelaney
Countdown to Cupcakes! - An Independence Day Road Trip!
missx0xdelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #234
LynnTH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by missx0xdelaney View Post
Yes, it does.
Awesome. Thank You!!
LynnTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:19 PM   #235
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

i am not seeing any kind of promo for the ax cards??? do you need an offer or is it for anyone? thanks
Old 09-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #236
Belle0101
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy71 View Post
Did you book through the WDW website?

If so, then find your resort reservation, click on View Details. The look for the link that says something like "Pay balance" I would do a screenshot but our trip is paid off so I don't get the link any more. I am pretty sure if you booked by TA, you have to call the TA to pay with GC.
I started to book through the WDW website but then I had a question about using a AAA discount so I called. I went ahead and booked while I was on the phone. That must be the reason why I don't see a "Pay Balance" link.

I'll have to call then. I might call a few times. I can see how entering 35+ $50 GC in one call would be tiring for a CM.

Thanks for your help. At least I know it wasn't me missing the obvious now.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #237
missx0xdelaney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle0101

I started to book through the WDW website but then I had a question about using a AAA discount so I called. I went ahead and booked while I was on the phone. That must be the reason why I don't see a "Pay Balance" link.

I'll have to call then. I might call a few times. I can see how entering 35+ $50 GC in one call would be tiring for a CM.

I booked my trip in May on the phone and was still able to use the link. It showed up in several places on the site. At the top of the page there was a banner that told me what my remaining balance was, when it was due and then said 'pay balance now'. Then under my reservations it had the same information, in addition to details about my stay (dates, resort, etc), and then the 'pay balance now' option.

Find me on Instagram and Twitter!: @missx0xdelaney
Countdown to Cupcakes! - An Independence Day Road Trip!
missx0xdelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:50 PM   #238
GoofyMB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by missx0xdelaney

I booked my trip in May on the phone and was still able to use the link. It showed up in several places on the site. At the top of the page there was a banner that told me what my remaining balance was, when it was due and then said 'pay balance now'. Then under my reservations it had the same information, in addition to details about my stay (dates, resort, etc), and then the 'pay balance now' option.
I also booked over the phone because I had a pin and the pay balance link is there for me. After you click on pay balance you can change the payment method to gift card and enter the amount of payment
Old 09-05-2012, 10:59 PM   #239
Hook326
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle0101 View Post

You can now enter your gift cards through the automated line instead of talking to a cm. Just a short time ago it wasn't this way (at least that worked for me) so I'm happy about this. I felt bad giving the cm too many giftcards at once so I was only doing 4-5 at a time. One day I called to do more, and there was an automated option that worked for entering multiple gift cards!

The website would only let me enter one giftcard at a time and not a partial payment when I tried that.
200?-Pop Century
August 2006-ASMovies
February 2009-ASMusic-1st trip with DS#1
September 2010-CBR
November 2011-POFQ-3rd trip with DS #1 & 1st trip with DS#2! Saw the World at Christmastime
November 2012-POFQ
September 2013-1st DCL trip & MNSSHP
Hook326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:36 PM   #240
moobar25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrose18 View Post
i am not seeing any kind of promo for the ax cards??? do you need an offer or is it for anyone? thanks
The offer ended 8/31 here's the link
http://www.mymoneyblog.com/american-...onal-code.html
BLT 1/15, BCV/BLT 9/14, BC 8/14 Villains, AKV-CL/BCV 5/14, BWV/OKW 3/14 Anniversary, BC-CL/BLT/BWV 11/13 Wine & Dine Marathon, BLT/BCV 9/13 Family Reunion, YC-CL 6/13 Star Wars, BCV/BLT 1/13 Birthday Surprise, BLT/BCV 10/12 DH Birthday, BCV 5/12 Baby's 1st trip, AKV 5/11, BWV 5/10, SSR 9/08, BCV 5/08, BCV 5/07, VWL 5/05 Honeymoon

moobar25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: