DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #1
nhfd155
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 85

How would you handle this???

I have reserved a room for October in AKL Kidani with my inlaws. We rented from a DVC owner that rented to one of our friends (so I have confirmed he is legit). I have left several emails and talked to him on the phone and i still have not received any billing nor has he added the magical express or disney dining plan to our reservation. He sent me the email fwd of the reservation at booking time and I have added it to my list of ressies on the disneyworld site. All information matches up on the site.

As of today (we leave in 6 weeks), we are getting really nervous with all of the up in the air items still there and are running out of ideas of what to do from here. I'd consider going through disney and just getting rooms at a mod resort but we already have park tickets and i'm pretty sure you cant add dining to a room only reservation. Any one have any ideas out there?

Can I add magical express and dining to my reservation myself?
__________________
nhfd155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
butsy113
AKV Owner
 
butsy113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 552

Magical express

I have read on other posts that you can add Magical Express by calling them direct. Just Google them for the number. As far as dining I believe the member you rented from needs to add the dining. Good Luck!
__________________
Amanda
butsy113 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-27-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.
 
Pakey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central California
Posts: 20,097

Did you confirm with the owner prior to making the reservation that he would be adding dining for you? Since the member has to book and pay for it at the time of booking, maybe it is something he is unwilling to do?

I know when I had friends use some of my points, I had to make their ME reservations through Member Services. They were unable to do it through Magical Express directly. This was for May of last year so maybe it has changed since then.

Did you have a rental contract with this owner? Even though a friend had used this person before, I would have been very nervous if someone was renting without having the agreement in writing.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:03 PM   #4
jpolak
DIS Veteran
 
jpolak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Long Island NY (992 miles away)
Posts: 2,651

The ME info is mailed to the house about 30 days or so before your trip. The dining plan has to be paid in full when it is added to the reservation. Good luck. I hope it all works out.
__________________
7/77-Fort Wilderness Campground, 10/96-All Star Sports, 6/98-Dixie Landings, 6/99-All Star Movies, 8/01-Port Orleans FQ, 4/04-Pop Century, 10/05-Beach Club Villas, 8/06-Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, 2/07- Saratoga Springs, 9/07- Boardwalk Villas, 2/09 Old Key West, 12/09 Boardwalk Villas,8/11 Bay Lake Tower,8/12 Bay Lake Tower,8/13 Bay Lake Tower
MeDWDDDS DD
jpolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #5
mikron
Donald Pin Collector
 
mikron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 1,107

points

You say you have not received any billing. He has not sent you a bill or were you to sent him a check when you got the reservation.
__________________
Mike
mikron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #6
sweetdana
DIS Veteran
 
sweetdana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,762

I have added ME to a rented transaction before.. so you can do this, with all the info through ME.. (though you are not suppose too )



The DP you have to pay for.. so you need to try harder. you have until 48 hours before..
__________________
There is only 1 thing I love more than holding my DD's hand.. It is holding her hand and watching her grow up. ... added a new DD for double the fun!


sweetdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #7
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel
 
CarolAnnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 13,532

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhfd155 View Post
I have reserved a room for October in AKL Kidani with my inlaws. We rented from a DVC owner that rented to one of our friends (so I have confirmed he is legit). I have left several emails and talked to him on the phone and i still have not received any billing nor has he added the magical express or disney dining plan to our reservation. He sent me the email fwd of the reservation at booking time and I have added it to my list of ressies on the disneyworld site. All information matches up on the site.

As of today (we leave in 6 weeks), we are getting really nervous with all of the up in the air items still there and are running out of ideas of what to do from here. I'd consider going through disney and just getting rooms at a mod resort but we already have park tickets and i'm pretty sure you cant add dining to a room only reservation. Any one have any ideas out there?

Can I add magical express and dining to my reservation myself?
Have you paid the DVC owner in full for your rental? Keep in mind his terms may not allow cancellation so you could potentially forfeit any money you have paid to him already. I would suggest reading over the contract you signed with the DVC owner.....
__________________
CarolAnnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #8
mikron
Donald Pin Collector
 
mikron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 1,107

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdana View Post
I have added ME to a rented transaction before.. so you can do this, with all the info through ME.. (though you are not suppose too )



The DP you have to pay for.. so you need to try harder. you have until 48 hours before..
I don't understand how you added anything. As a DVC member when I call even for a question I need to give MS my membership #, last 4 s/s # and confirm address, e-mail etc.
__________________
Mike
mikron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #9
disneynutz


Earning My Ears One At A Time
 
disneynutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 18,350

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikron View Post
I don't understand how you added anything. As a DVC member when I call even for a question I need to give MS my membership #, last 4 s/s # and confirm address, e-mail etc.
Some have reported calling DME direct and adding their ME reservation. Officially DVC point bookings have to use MS to book DME. I called direct once and was referred to MS. The recorded phone tree also refers DVC Members to MS.

Bill
__________________


Last edited by disneynutz; 08-27-2012 at 06:32 PM. Reason: sp
disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #10
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 59,266
DISboards Moderator

You can call DME directly and reserve the service. But see above about them directing DVC members back to MS.

As for the dining plan, that does have to be done through MS, and only the actual owner can do it.

Has the OP just never heard from the owner again? Has the owner been paid? Is he just not responding to calls and emails, and how long have you been trying to get in touch with him? If you just go through Disney will you get anything back that you paid the owner? It is true, if you book room only, no dining plan. You need a package for that on a regular reservation.

You have six weeks and that is plenty of time to get these things onto the reservation.
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:14 PM   #11
LauraLea
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Florida
Posts: 862

Anyone can make ME reservations online.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...e/index?bhcp=1

Laura
LauraLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:27 PM   #12
nhfd155
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 85

thanks LauraLea. I just found that site yesterday and added DME. I received a confirmation today saying we are set, but no confirmation number which i found odd.

As for the other comments, I never received a contract as of today and have not put down ANY money. About a month after the owner booked the ressie for me i called requesting a contract, he laughed and said the reservations is made and if he doesn't send me a bill, then its free. I don't want to cancel, and am really looking forward to this trip. I know we have to add dining up to two days before we go, but i don't want to wait that long. I'd feel better if i had a signed agreement and paid money. At least I'd have some legal leg to stand on. Right now, I have nothing and its going to be tough to make a new reservation if the owner bails on me last minute.
__________________
nhfd155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:27 PM   #13
sweetdana
DIS Veteran
 
sweetdana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,762

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikron View Post
I don't understand how you added anything. As a DVC member when I call even for a question I need to give MS my membership #, last 4 s/s # and confirm address, e-mail etc.
I called ME directly not through MS.
__________________
There is only 1 thing I love more than holding my DD's hand.. It is holding her hand and watching her grow up. ... added a new DD for double the fun!


sweetdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:23 PM   #14
Anjelica
Self-Declared Queen of WebSphere
 
Anjelica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Shiloh, Illinois - Right outside of St. Louis
Posts: 3,199

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhfd155 View Post
thanks LauraLea. I just found that site yesterday and added DME. I received a confirmation today saying we are set, but no confirmation number which i found odd.

As for the other comments, I never received a contract as of today and have not put down ANY money. About a month after the owner booked the ressie for me i called requesting a contract, he laughed and said the reservations is made and if he doesn't send me a bill, then its free. I don't want to cancel, and am really looking forward to this trip. I know we have to add dining up to two days before we go, but i don't want to wait that long. I'd feel better if i had a signed agreement and paid money. At least I'd have some legal leg to stand on. Right now, I have nothing and its going to be tough to make a new reservation if the owner bails on me last minute.
Has he given you a confirmation number for your reservation? If so does it still show up as a valid reservation (you should be able to pull this up on the website).

I'm shocked he hasn't collected any type of payment from you - not even an initial reservation down payment of say 10% when he booked it for you.
Anjelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #15
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran
 
bumbershoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tacoma WA
Posts: 46,121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjelica View Post
Has he given you a confirmation number for your reservation? If so does it still show up as a valid reservation (you should be able to pull this up on the website).
She explained it here:

Quote:
He sent me the email fwd of the reservation at booking time and I have added it to my list of ressies on the disneyworld site. All information matches up on the site.

Maybe the owner is just a super-nice guy?

Since your friend booked through him, does the friend have any words of wisdom?
__________________
-molly + robert + eamon (10!!)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.