DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #1
nhfd155
Mouseketeer

How would you handle this???

I have reserved a room for October in AKL Kidani with my inlaws. We rented from a DVC owner that rented to one of our friends (so I have confirmed he is legit). I have left several emails and talked to him on the phone and i still have not received any billing nor has he added the magical express or disney dining plan to our reservation. He sent me the email fwd of the reservation at booking time and I have added it to my list of ressies on the disneyworld site. All information matches up on the site.

As of today (we leave in 6 weeks), we are getting really nervous with all of the up in the air items still there and are running out of ideas of what to do from here. I'd consider going through disney and just getting rooms at a mod resort but we already have park tickets and i'm pretty sure you cant add dining to a room only reservation. Any one have any ideas out there?

Can I add magical express and dining to my reservation myself?
Old 08-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
butsy113
AKV Owner

Magical express

I have read on other posts that you can add Magical Express by calling them direct. Just Google them for the number. As far as dining I believe the member you rented from needs to add the dining. Good Luck!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

Did you confirm with the owner prior to making the reservation that he would be adding dining for you? Since the member has to book and pay for it at the time of booking, maybe it is something he is unwilling to do?

I know when I had friends use some of my points, I had to make their ME reservations through Member Services. They were unable to do it through Magical Express directly. This was for May of last year so maybe it has changed since then.

Did you have a rental contract with this owner? Even though a friend had used this person before, I would have been very nervous if someone was renting without having the agreement in writing.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:03 PM   #4
jpolak
DIS Veteran

The ME info is mailed to the house about 30 days or so before your trip. The dining plan has to be paid in full when it is added to the reservation. Good luck. I hope it all works out.
7/77-Fort Wilderness Campground, 10/96-All Star Sports, 6/98-Dixie Landings, 6/99-All Star Movies, 8/01-Port Orleans FQ, 4/04-Pop Century, 10/05-Beach Club Villas, 8/06-Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, 2/07- Saratoga Springs, 9/07- Boardwalk Villas, 2/09 Old Key West, 12/09 Boardwalk Villas,8/11 Bay Lake Tower,8/12 Bay Lake Tower,8/13 Bay Lake Tower
MeDWDDDS DD
jpolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #5
mikron
Donald Pin Collector

You say you have not received any billing. He has not sent you a bill or were you to sent him a check when you got the reservation.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #6
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

I have added ME to a rented transaction before.. so you can do this, with all the info through ME.. (though you are not suppose too )

The DP you have to pay for.. so you need to try harder. you have until 48 hours before..

sweetdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #7
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhfd155 View Post
I have reserved a room for October in AKL Kidani with my inlaws. We rented from a DVC owner that rented to one of our friends (so I have confirmed he is legit). I have left several emails and talked to him on the phone and i still have not received any billing nor has he added the magical express or disney dining plan to our reservation. He sent me the email fwd of the reservation at booking time and I have added it to my list of ressies on the disneyworld site. All information matches up on the site.

As of today (we leave in 6 weeks), we are getting really nervous with all of the up in the air items still there and are running out of ideas of what to do from here. I'd consider going through disney and just getting rooms at a mod resort but we already have park tickets and i'm pretty sure you cant add dining to a room only reservation. Any one have any ideas out there?

Can I add magical express and dining to my reservation myself?
Have you paid the DVC owner in full for your rental? Keep in mind his terms may not allow cancellation so you could potentially forfeit any money you have paid to him already. I would suggest reading over the contract you signed with the DVC owner.....
Old 08-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #8
mikron
Donald Pin Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdana View Post
I have added ME to a rented transaction before.. so you can do this, with all the info through ME.. (though you are not suppose too )

The DP you have to pay for.. so you need to try harder. you have until 48 hours before..
I don't understand how you added anything. As a DVC member when I call even for a question I need to give MS my membership #, last 4 s/s # and confirm address, e-mail etc.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #9
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikron View Post
I don't understand how you added anything. As a DVC member when I call even for a question I need to give MS my membership #, last 4 s/s # and confirm address, e-mail etc.
Some have reported calling DME direct and adding their ME reservation. Officially DVC point bookings have to use MS to book DME. I called direct once and was referred to MS. The recorded phone tree also refers DVC Members to MS.

Bill

Last edited by disneynutz; 08-27-2012 at 06:32 PM. Reason: sp
disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #10
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

You can call DME directly and reserve the service. But see above about them directing DVC members back to MS.

As for the dining plan, that does have to be done through MS, and only the actual owner can do it.

Has the OP just never heard from the owner again? Has the owner been paid? Is he just not responding to calls and emails, and how long have you been trying to get in touch with him? If you just go through Disney will you get anything back that you paid the owner? It is true, if you book room only, no dining plan. You need a package for that on a regular reservation.

You have six weeks and that is plenty of time to get these things onto the reservation.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:14 PM   #11
LauraLea
DIS Veteran

Anyone can make ME reservations online.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...e/index?bhcp=1

Laura
LauraLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:27 PM   #12
nhfd155
Mouseketeer

thanks LauraLea. I just found that site yesterday and added DME. I received a confirmation today saying we are set, but no confirmation number which i found odd.

As for the other comments, I never received a contract as of today and have not put down ANY money. About a month after the owner booked the ressie for me i called requesting a contract, he laughed and said the reservations is made and if he doesn't send me a bill, then its free. I don't want to cancel, and am really looking forward to this trip. I know we have to add dining up to two days before we go, but i don't want to wait that long. I'd feel better if i had a signed agreement and paid money. At least I'd have some legal leg to stand on. Right now, I have nothing and its going to be tough to make a new reservation if the owner bails on me last minute.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:27 PM   #13
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikron View Post
I called ME directly not through MS.

sweetdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:23 PM   #14
Anjelica
Self-Declared Queen of WebSphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhfd155 View Post
thanks LauraLea. I just found that site yesterday and added DME. I received a confirmation today saying we are set, but no confirmation number which i found odd.

As for the other comments, I never received a contract as of today and have not put down ANY money. About a month after the owner booked the ressie for me i called requesting a contract, he laughed and said the reservations is made and if he doesn't send me a bill, then its free. I don't want to cancel, and am really looking forward to this trip. I know we have to add dining up to two days before we go, but i don't want to wait that long. I'd feel better if i had a signed agreement and paid money. At least I'd have some legal leg to stand on. Right now, I have nothing and its going to be tough to make a new reservation if the owner bails on me last minute.
Has he given you a confirmation number for your reservation? If so does it still show up as a valid reservation (you should be able to pull this up on the website).

I'm shocked he hasn't collected any type of payment from you - not even an initial reservation down payment of say 10% when he booked it for you.
Anjelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #15
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjelica View Post
Has he given you a confirmation number for your reservation? If so does it still show up as a valid reservation (you should be able to pull this up on the website).
She explained it here:

Quote:
He sent me the email fwd of the reservation at booking time and I have added it to my list of ressies on the disneyworld site. All information matches up on the site.

Maybe the owner is just a super-nice guy?

Since your friend booked through him, does the friend have any words of wisdom?

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: