Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
Syndrome
Who's super now?

Looking for WH condo, close to pool !

Hi all,
Just in the planning stages for a stay in July/August 2013.
Looking at Windsor Hills, again. We have stayed in a Pool home in WH already so we know the resort very well, and love it. This time we are looking to scale back a little and try out a condo.
We are looking for a condo in building 7 or 8 with a pool view prefered. Also would love to find a condo with a king in the master, and both other bedrooms to have twin beds. Any one have any recomendations? Pool view, and close proximity to the pool is the most important, the bedroom variation would be nice, but not a deal breaker.
I have found 1 condo so far with the king/twin/twin bedrooms, but its not near the pool , but the rates are great!
Any help would be appreciated !!!!
THANKS !!!
Syndrome

Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:42 AM   #2
conniehar90
DIS Veteran

We just stayed in a 3br with this owner. www.disneyneighbor.com.

The unit was on the 3rd floor of the 2nd building by the pool. The view was the parking lot - not the pool. The master had a king, one br had 2 twins and the other had a queen. It was a very nice unit and we had no issues at all.

Good luck with your search!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #3
Syndrome
Who's super now?

Thanks, we will check it out!

Syndrome

Old 08-27-2012, 06:18 PM   #4
cyndik1111
DIS Veteran

Before you book anything, take a look at this place.
http://windsorhillspoolviewcondo.com/index.php

We stayed here a few years ago. It was THE BEST! And the owner (Richie) was awsome.

3 bedrooms king/king/twin. The beds were the most comfortable I've ever slept on! And we are picky people!

4th floor looks out over the pool, right by the elevator

So very clean.

As a matter of fact, when we checked in, the condo smelled of strong bleach. It was over powering. We called the owner to ask some advise for getting rid of it, and he offered to put us up in a hotel for the week. All i did was rewash the kitchen floor and leave the window open for a little while and it was gone. My guess is the cleaning company spilled some bleach and didn't clean it up all the way.

Then on the day we were scheduled to check out, my daughter spiked a very high fever. Our flight wasnt till 8 pm. Since Richie didn't have anyone renting the condo until the next day, I called him to see if we could pay him to stay till dinner time (instead of 11am check out). He insisted we stay as long as we needed no charge.

We had such a great experience with Richie and would highly recommend him!
cyndik1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #5
Syndrome
Who's super now?

Thanks, that looks perfect.
BTW, thats about the ONLY one I have seen so far advertised with a pool view. I am glad to hear its as nice as it looks on the website. I e-mailed him to get some rates for our dates.
I have a nice house in mind also, but most house rates are about $200.+ per night. I was hoping to stay at about $100. per night or less !

Thanks for the help.

Syndrome

Old 08-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #6
Syndrome
Who's super now?

Thanks for the links, I did check them out and get some quotes.
Seems like the problem is........ the condos (and townhouses) are really not that much cheaper than the 5bdrm home in WH we have rented before. We were looking to save a few $$$, but for what you would be giving up to save a little money, its just not worth it. The private pool and hot tub is one. Mostly our biggest concern with going to a condo to "save money" is going to be the potential for loud neighbors !!!
So, we have decided to stay at the WH 5bdrm home we already know and love. The owners are GREAT, the location is awesome (4th house from clubhouse, on the lake), and the rate is GREAT as well. About $159. per night including pool heat + tax.
Some how, I knew we would be going back I guess. I figured we could save a bunch of $$$ by renting a condo........but for what you give up, it just wasnt worth it to us.
Thanks for the help, and links.
Syndrome

Last edited by Syndrome; 02-18-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:53 PM   #7
conniehar90
DIS Veteran

Syndrome - could you share the link to the home you rent? Thanks!
Old 08-29-2012, 01:48 PM   #8
Syndrome
Who's super now?

Oh Yea..........
We are staying at one of the Romancing the Mouse Homes.
http://www.romancingthemouse.com/
They have 2 homes in Windsor Hills, and 2 homes in Windsor Palms. Depending on what time you are going.......they are moving from a home in WP to a Home in WH at the end of the year.
Mark and Holly Honeck (the owners) are the best. The homes are great, and decorated really nice.
We stayed at the 5 bdrm home in Windsor Hills already, and holly gave us a quick tour of the 4bdrm right next door. The 4 bdrm is very nice, very close to the clubhouse, and reasonably priced. Nice view being lakeside. Mark and Holly really go the extra mile to make sure your stay is perfect.
I will let you know that they sometimes dont respond to e-mails quickly, but dont let that worry you. I like that they have a calender on there website that actually lists your name so you feel comfortable its "yours" for that week!
Let me know if you need a referal, or have any other questions.
I should have just booked with them from the start, would have saved me ton of time looking at other properties! Everything we looked at we kept comparing to Romancing the Mouse! Leason learned!
Good Luck,
Syndrome

Last edited by Syndrome; 02-18-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:04 PM   #9
beveland
Earning My Ears

Do you by chance have any phone contact info for Mark and Holly? We are staying there in 3 days and I have not heard from them at all!
beveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #10
newMrs.Robinson
Earning My Ears

Mapleviewcondo.com
Old 05-30-2013, 10:25 PM   #11
jcat2312
Earning My Ears

http://www.magicalvacationhomes.com/

We stayed here last January. Look up MVH-001. It was an awesome 3 bedroom, right next to the pool in building #8. We will be returning again in late Jan and don't want to stay anywhere else. That condo had everything! Best yet, we could see WDW fireworks at night!
2006--POR

2011--POR
2012--Offsite (Liki Tiki Village)
2013--Offsite (Windsor Hills)
jcat2312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #12
dtum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beveland View Post
Do you by chance have any phone contact info for Mark and Holly? We are staying there in 3 days and I have not heard from them at all!
This is Holly's cell: 321-443-3471, but it was a year ago and they never responded to it even though we were told to use it.
Windsor Hills (Romancing the Mouse) - June 2011 (me, DH,DD, SIL, GS, DS)
Emerald Island (Puff's Vacation Home-Tropical Retreat) - July 2013 (everyone!)
dtum is offline   Reply With Quote