Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2012, 07:19 AM   #16
joyah
living on the funny farm

Hope you're all still safe down there check in w/ someone here via text if you can!

I think we did a great job of kicking Irene out of town. But knowing Issac formed on the same day was a huge topic of discussion last night.

We have a village church service tonight @ 4 probably won't get to to much of the after get together since we have hay to bale tonight. After Levi's lovely preformance last night he will not be attending anymore get togethers with me!

Stay safe and hope most everyone enjoys thier sunday!

joyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:32 AM   #17
fireplug
Keeper of the Flame
Look for me at Margaritaville
D/W is always telling me I have MCS (Middle Child Syndrome) :D
Cyber Uncles can send hugs!

Thoughts and prayers for all in need especially those affected by Isaac....

Today is my first time out of the house (other than the Dr.) 3 hours may not be much but its a start! Going to some friends to watch them play with landscaping.There will be many phto ops
My wife took some pics at our grand daughters cheerleading yesterday so have to work on those pics later.

I hope all of you have a great day!

Squid
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2012, 07:34 AM   #18
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Stay safe y'll in FLORIDA. I guess Georgia is supposed to get it too.

Yesterday was busy but I didn't accomplish much - assembled new stamps and stamped them for my index.

Went up to town to get gas and go to gym. All the way over there and discovered I left my wallet at home.

Drove home, had another cup of joe, drove back, got gas, went to gym, drove home.

Friend came for SU Cattys, checked email - oh, books are in at the library.

Drove up to town (#3) to get books, go to PO for a flat rate box (selling my revolution) they were out, dropped by SU dealer to get another cat. Hurried home to make lunch because we were going out to Schoharie (another valley devastated by Irene) to support the local businesses by apple picking.

Oops! Apples not ready. Afternoon crashed. Read instead.

Sue's for cook out supper. Home and bed.

Hopefully today will have more to show for it! The plan is Farmers Market, Stamp sentiment in holiday cards and heat emboss. Wake for neighbor. Fish for dinner.

Happy Day, all!
Old 08-26-2012, 08:58 AM   #19
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran

Praying for everyone in Isaac's path.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:11 AM   #20
disney-akj
DIS Veteran

OK- I am have been missing my DH today! Sports recruiting started in our house today for DD2 which I do not want to deal with and I want him to "No thank you" she is happy on her current team isn't working so next time I might have to bring out mama bear Did I mention she is 10 OH well, I pick up DH from the airport tomorrow. Things could be worse for sure. I just find it annoying

Good luck to everyone in the storm's path. Our relatives are in the Miami/FTL area inland so not in the direct hit this storm supposedly.

I need to get creative today! I have lost my mojo, so if you find it-send it my way
Old 08-26-2012, 10:22 AM   #21
Poppins2000
DIS Veteran

Morning from Homestead! It's been a fairly quiet morning, 30mph wind gusts and a few squalls. Power is still on but the wind and rain are starting to pick up. We are suppose to get the worst part this later afternoon and into the evening so I'm sure things will be changing soon enough.

The pressure has certainly changed because I have a headache, the kind I normally get when a bad thunderstorm comes along. I'm my own weather channel, hahaha!

Will check back in later as power permits! Thank you for your thoughts and prayers for those of us in Isaac's way...

Becky
2012: AKL-Dream to Bahamas-BLT, BWV, OKW, VBR, OKW, VBR, Dine/Dash @ SSR, Turkey Day at Vero Beach
2011: BCV-Wonder Panama Repo, SSR x 2, AKL, CSR 2010: Wonder Double Dip, CSR-Birthday Trip, YC, AKL, BC, SSR 2009: Magic to Tortola, VWL, POR, POLY, BW, 2008: Magic Eastern Caribbean, ABD Emerald Isle, WL, SSR 2007: Joined DVC 06/07, POR, DWNTWN DIS, GF, SSR 2006: Moved to FL -Yippee! POP, Westgate, POR, Christmas at AKL 2005: Magic Western Caribbean, 2004: Wonder to Bahamas, 2003: DWNTWN DIS 2002: CBR, 2001: Honeymoon @ WL 1977-1998: HS Trips, Solo and Girlie Vacations August 4, 1976: 1st of many trips to WDW!
Poppins2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #22
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

continue P & PD for those in Isaac's path

girls are still asleep, they were up until about 1230 giggling...so I"m enjoying my bit of quiet time!

going to make waffles for breakfast and then probably hole myself up in the office to work on my uploading and swap ideas

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:20 PM   #23
joyah
living on the funny farm

boys are FINALLY leaving the house!! Oh tuesday can not arrive soon enough I am so craving quiet time.
for the first time in forever I've actually managed to sit at my scrap desk and accomplish something I've gotten a whole 6 pages complete (of the 15 I wanted this month)

now the boys just told me that an ambulance was leaving my FIL's?????? ohh this man is trying my patience again.

Old 08-26-2012, 12:43 PM   #24
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

I hope Issac changes his path enough so all you all have is a little rain. We had Irene last year - 7 days of no power...Not fun, but nothing like what others dealt with, so I am thankful.

We went to the Mystic Aquarium yesterday. It was a gorgeous day, lots of sunshine, but not too hot. Had a really nice time. Took our time getting home. Stopped for dinner and found a bakery with lots of yummy stuff in it for cheap! Could have bought the place out. Went to the mall to get Morgan a couple pairs of jeans. Last stop was the outlet mall to use my 2 Vera Bradley $20 off coupons. I got a saddle bag for $6.50, and Morgan got a wristlet for $1.05, now that's a bargain! (Happened to be there on extra 25% off weekend).

Woke up with a massive headache this morning. Went back to bed and am feeling a bit more human now. I've got tomorrow off. Morgan wants to go to Claire's for new earrings for school. I want to try and find her a new pair of capris, it's still going to be hot and she needs SOMETHING new for the first day!
Old 08-26-2012, 09:32 PM   #25
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

Joyah- glad you enjoyed your party. Our neighborhood was one of the few remaining 2 story after Andrew hit Miami 20 years ago. We had a party every year for the first 9 year anniversaries afterwards to celebrate making it through. On the 10th anniversary my sister got married so we didn't do anything with the neighbors but it still seems as though I divide my life between time before Andrew and after- as I try to think about when something happened it is one of the big marks.

We haven't had too much yet but what the east coast has tonight we will be getting tomorrow and with the rainfall we have had I won't be surprised if the river and our backyard floods with the rain expected tomorrow. I was really glad to see that Jim Cantoire from the weather channel had left Tampa as he is always in the worst spot in the storm- if he had stayed there I wouldn't have been surprised if the storm had turned due east at some point and hit it right on. I love hearing his wisdom but don't ever wanting him reporting near me.

Rebecca
Old 08-27-2012, 06:27 AM   #26
joyah
living on the funny farm

Rebecca about Jim He's from the town I live in. I believe he graduated the class of 82. Yet if you watched him during Irene you could see the devisation in is face as he talked about the videos coming in from here.
I remeber watching the news on andrew we had my dad's friends there and on Key largo and thinking to my self good lord how did anyone survive that. Then along came Katrina and Tom's whole family was in her path. We packed truck upon truck of stuff to send down there.

I'm still can't really look at the pictures of the aftermath.

I have a prayer request: The son of one of the guys that was VERY affected by Irene killed himself (we think details are still scketchy) on fri night. Jeff had his house burned by a pschyo woman to rebuild and then have the house ripped off the foundation and stuffed under a train trestle by Irene. So if you could please keep Jeff and his son Josh in your prayers.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:53 AM   #27
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran

Christy, extra prayers said for them. So sad....
Old 08-27-2012, 10:04 AM   #28
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

that is so heart breaking Christy...will keep them in our prayers

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:10 PM   #29
joyah
living on the funny farm

Thank you ladies. Some of the church group that did food delivery after the storm have gotten very close with him have finally found Jeff so we know he's as ok as he can be. I really don't know how much more this poor man can take.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:57 PM   #30
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry to hear this, Christy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: