Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Forest Hills, NY
Posts: 291

Trip Report 8/21-8/25

We just returned from our first ever trip to US/IOA. We are myself, 51, DH 54, DS 21, and DD 16. We have been to Disney several times, but never to Universal. We originally wanted to go to both Disney and Universal, but due to schools schedules, we only had a few days for vacation. We figured that Universal would fit the bill because we would have time to see and do everything we wanted at a leisurely pace. We didn't realize just how leisurely we could take things. After several 8 day trips to Disney and never having time for anything but the parks and Downtown Disney, we were surprised by how little there really is to do at Universal.

We arrived at Royal Pacific resort at about 11 a.m. Tuesday morning. our rooms were not ready, but we were told we would be called no later than 4 pm to notify us of our room assignments. We had booked connecting rooms. Off to US we went, expecting my cell phone to ring at any time. Our arrival at the park did not start well because there were long lines for tickets. I had ordered tickets on-line in advance and figured I would just have to go to the will call kiosk to obtain our tickets. Unfortunately, none of the machines were working. So we had no choice but to wait in line in the heat with everyone else. Half an hour later, a credit card only line opened up and we were able to get our tickets there, saving at least another hours wait. When we finally got into the park, we were hungry and headed to Finnegan's for lunch. Everyone enjoyed their food their, particularly the Irish soda bread, which is something my kids have never had before. We spent a couple of hours touring the park and by 4 pm, althoug I still hadn't gotten a call about our rooms, we headed back to the hotel.
There was a long check in line and I did not feel like standing on it to find out if our rooms were ready. I went to the Luggage Service desk and was told they were not yet ready. By now it was 4:45 and DH was not happy, esp. since we had been up since 5 am and everyone just wanted to collapse. DH asked to see a manager and about 10 minuted later we w=found ourselves upgraded to water view rooms and had a voucher for free drinks at Jake's Americain Bar. Since DS just turned 21 a few days before our trip, he was very happy.

This is getting longer than I expected, so I will continue later or tomorrow.
lorik is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.