Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #23
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Pre-Hilton Head Update #2: GEORGIA (continued)
August 11th-17th, 2012

While I was at the Disney store, this is what I posted on twitter:
I'M AT A DISNEY STORE. THERE'S A SALE. I'M DYING AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

IT'S A DISNEYLAND OUTLET HOLY GOD. This is killing me in the best way possible.

I cannot handle this right now. #hyperventilating #literally

I just did some SERIOUS damage.

Best hour of my life. So many things were purchased. And everything was on sale. And I'm so happy. And EEEEEEEEE that was perfect <3

Yes, I stayed there past store closing. No one was mad. The cast members loved me.

After I cleared out the Disney Store, we drove to Walmart. Preston and I weren't planning on staying the night in Charlotte, but it had gotten late and Decker had extra room in her house for us to stay! We could just leave the next day.

At Walmart we picked up some toothbrushes and breakfast for the next morning. I also spent THE BEST $5 OF MY LIFE on Kermit flip flops! They were from the men's section but they are literally the most comfortable pair of flip flops that I own! FART SHOES! (get the Muppet reference? I say "fart shoes!" a lot, so you might want to get used to it!)

Then we went to Decker’s house and she showed us a bunch of cool new equipment they got for the trip! We hung out for a while and then we went to sleep.

August 15th, 2012
We woke up around 9:30 or 10 am. We got up, had some Blueberry bagels, and said goodbye to Preston’s Mom and Decker. They were on their way to Alaska!

Since we were still in North Carolina, we decided to go back to the Concord Mills mall! YAYAYAY! Ahh Preston, he's such a gem for taking me to that beautiful mall.

We went to Game Stop and the Disney Store first. I found another $9.99 Disneyland crewneck that I wanted so I grabbed that.

I took a picture for my best friend Kristen of Kermit and Fozzie! FART SHOES! We are muppets, it's true.

Then we went over to Forever 21! I got a dress, a Minnie mouse shirt, a blue shirt, and some earrings. Seriously, Preston was SUCH a good sport for sitting through me shopping at Forever 21.

Then we looked around the Lego Store so I could make it up to him. Ahh I can't wait until the day that boy can go to the Lego Store in Downtown Disney!

Then we went to American Eagle and I got some $10 shorts and a new pair on sunglasses since Preston accidentally broke my old ones. Thankfully they still made the same pair!

We had lunch at the food court. I had Salsaritas – chicken burrito with corn, rice, beans, sour cream, and lettuce. It was very similar to Chipotle! Preston had the Club Sub from Firehouse Subs. Then we kept walking around the mall… I tried on stuff at a bunch of stores but didn’t find a ton more.

But I did get seasons 1 and 3 of Boy Meets World at Best Buy!

*Sidenote.... if you haven't noticed, Preston looks A LOT like Cory Matthews from Boy Meets World. I have called him that since day 1. Since I'm dating a Cory Matthews look-alike, I am sometimes referred to as Topanga.

So my best friend Kristen texted Preston before I arrived in Georgia and told him to make a sign that said "Topanga" so he could hold it up at the airport for me when I got off the plane. Sadly, he forgot it at home, but he still gave me the sign so I could put it in my room! Here is a picture of my Topanga sign and my new DVD's:

Then went to Cold Stone and got some ice cream. We both got Chocolate Frozen Yogurt. I got bananas and hot fudge in mine and Preston got Reeses.

Then Preston got some AWESOME flip-flops from Pac Sun. They were a little pricey but they are super comfortable. His old ones ripped so they were a necessity! I got a headband from there that was really cute, too!

We stopped back at the Disney store and I got my Sorcerer Mickey plush that I could not stop thinking about! It was meant to be. He was only $12!

I also got an Ariel fleece throw for $15 that I LOVED. Not only was Ariel my childhood/a current favorite, but the color of this blanket is BEAUTIFUL! I needed to buy it!

We didn't leave until around 5 o'clock! It was ROAD TRIP TIME!

Here is Preston’s new little Oswald that he got for $5 at the Disney Store! Preston LOVES Oswald because of the history behind him. I was so proud to hear that. What a winner.

I cranked up the iPod and before we knew it we were back in Preston’s town. It took three and a half hours to drive home from Charlotte. We stopped at Ingles, the grocery store, and picked up some Advil for my pounding headache. We wanted to find some of the Pillsbury Disney cookies but they didn’t have any. Sadness.

We hadn’t eaten dinner yet and it was around 8:45 or 9, so we went to PIZZA HUT! Nom. We got a stuffed crust ½ cheese ½ pepperoni pizza as well as some bread sticks. MMMM I was so happy.

On our ride home, I discovered my love for Taylor Swift’s new song – “We Are Never Ever Ever Getting Back Together” and I was just rockin’ out.

This was one of my favorite parts of the entire trip/moments of my entire life. I was SO happy. It was nighttime and Preston and I were just driving around on the country roads of Georgia. This song is so fun and my happiness level was through the roof. It finally felt like summer! I couldn't stop smiling, singing, and dancing in my seat. Finally my life was making sense again and all of the stress from school/my jobs/being apart from Preston COMPLETELY melted away. He probably thought I was crazy because I listened to this song so many times in a row, but it made me SO happy and he just smiled and went along with my insanity. He's wonderful. In that moment, I couldn't have asked for anything more - life was perfect. (: So whenever I listen to that song now, it will transport me back to that wonderful moment. (Ironic because it is a break-up song... but it's totally not one for me) Thank you, Taylor Swift. You've created another emotional masterpiece.

So then we got back to Preston's house. I saw that Preston still had a ring pop from earlier and I kind of wanted one. So Preston was like, "well do you want to go get one?" Umm YES. After our four hour drive, we made an unnecessary stop at the gas station just to buy me a 50 cent piece of candy. It’s the little things that really make me happy. That boy just gets me. I was loving life. We jammed out to my song some more and went back to Preston’s house and watched Friends for the rest of the night!

August 16th, 2012
This morning we slept in pretty late, got up, and then went to the restaurant Preston works at for breakfast/lunch. (again!) We both got grilled cheese. (I got the kids one again!) Preston got onion rings and then I got sweet potato fries!

We also went to Kilwins again and got some more ice cream! Preston got Kilwins Tracks (aka Moose Tracks/Panda Paws) and I got Strawberry! YUM!

I also got some M&M bark which was the best decision of my life. I cannot tell you how delicious that stuff was! It was just chocolate and chocolate and PERFECTION.

We took the long way home and then I ordered my next batch of Magical Ribbons bows! This was the last day of her sale - $1 off every $9 you spend! I got Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios park map bows, a Shipwreck Ariel bow, a Little Town Belle bow for my Halloween Costume, The Haunted Halls bow, and a bunch of CM minis! (Splash Mountain, Fantasyland Merchandise, Haunted Mansion, and Bippidi Boppiti Boutique!)

Preston fell asleep while I was doing that, so I woke him up and then we got ready to go! Me, Preston, and his Dad went to go see a show that Mr. Patti directed at a local theater. The show was called Dames at Sea and I absolutely loved it! There were only about 5 actors in the entire show and it was great! It had a little bit of romance, a little bit of hopeful Broadway, some tap dancing, it was funny, and it had a navy/sea theme. It was really enjoyable and made me want to be in a musical SO BAD. Sigh, I miss them. Please God, let me get cast in a show this year!

Once it was over, we drove back home, dropped off Preston's Dad, and we went to Walmart to get dinner. Note that it was 11 pm and we had not eaten dinner yet. I WAS STARVING. I don't know how Preston eats so late every day! It kills me.

It took forever for me to decide what I wanted, but we finally picked out a Digorno’s pizza. We also got some other groceries like fruit, muffins, yogurts, etc. We got back to his house, ate our pizza, and then watched Friends until we fell asleep.

UP NEXT WAS OUR ROAD TRIP TO HILTON HEAD! YEAH, YEAH, YEAH!

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 08-29-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Disneyfreak508 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: