Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 08:08 PM   #1531
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
Wow Elin, that looks amazing!
I know! I'm having lunch envy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
That is too funny, it's within minutes from my house. Sad thing is its been raining terribly today. I did a double take with this man today and almost asked if his name was David. The resemblance was striking.

I went to Cirque du Soleil's Dralion show this afternoon, had a great time. Walked out and it was pouring. Thankfully had an umbrella or would have forked over $40 for one they sold at the show.

I hope everyone's had a great weekend
I'm glad you enjoyed Cirque!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
We live about 55 miles from WDW. We are under a tropical storm warning. It has been pouring all afternoon. We're expecting heavy rain and winds today and tomorrow.

Hope everyone in Isaac's path stay safe!

Kathy
Stay safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
Tomorrow is my day to decide if we go to Disney in April or not. I hope when Southwest releases the prices it will be doable for us.
I hope it works out for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Hi from WDW!! It has been raining very lightly on and off for the last several hours. Looking at the sky though, more rain is on the way!!

Not sure if I'll venture out tonight or not -- depends on the weather.

Stay safe Kathy, and anyone else who is having nasty weather.
Enjoy your trip Laura! Sounds like a good time for resort time!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 08-27-2012, 09:08 AM   #1532
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Good morning, Js & Ks!

I hope everyone in the path of Isaac stays safe and happy. Seriously... I mean happy!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2012, 09:27 AM   #1533
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Good morning, Js & Ks!

I hope everyone in the path of Isaac stays safe and happy....
....all day yesterday I was thinking about my lil' bro and his DFam AND my niece, who begins classes today at Univ of Tampa.....they both txtd me and they are okay...
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:28 AM   #1534
kimmar067

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
What do you mean?
....didn't it used to say 'Ali Ali Boo Boo'?
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:29 AM   #1535
kimmar067

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
Wow Elin, that looks amazing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Elin that looked delicious!
....oh boy, ITA!
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 02:59 PM   #1536
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Cajun Tinkerbell Princess
Tag Toggler
Loves kissing Tag Fairy butt ;)

Afternoon J's & K's - hope everyone is well.

Well, we're all battoned down and pretty much ready to go......... I hope Isaac fizzles, but not gonna hold my breath. My hope is that for us at least, that it doesn't move anymore to the west - that'll be BAD for us - basically we'd be on the "wrong" side - like Gustav - yeah, that's the one where we lost the roof to our house!!! I didn't sleep at all last night, for some reason, I'm worried about this storm. Anyway, I hope anyone else in it's path stays safe. I just feel horrible today, stressed and a migraine and just waiting........... lol -- and my ex mother in law passed about 15 min. ago - she was a lovely person who was always good to me. Sad day!!
Old 08-27-2012, 03:22 PM   #1537
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendypooh View Post

Well, we're all battoned down and pretty much ready to go......... I hope Isaac fizzles, but not gonna hold my breath. My hope is that for us at least, that it doesn't move anymore to the west - that'll be BAD for us - basically we'd be on the "wrong" side - like Gustav - yeah, that's the one where we lost the roof to our house!!! I didn't sleep at all last night, for some reason, I'm worried about this storm. Anyway, I hope anyone else in it's path stays safe. I just feel horrible today, stressed and a migraine and just waiting........... lol -- and my ex mother in law passed about 15 min. ago - she was a lovely person who was always good to me. Sad day!!
Wendy,

Stay safe. I also hope Isaac fizzles out, and doesn't cause any more damage, especially in your area.

Sorry to hear about your ex-mother-in-law. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:24 PM   #1538
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
....didn't it used to say 'Ali Ali Boo Boo'?
Yes, but when I explained to the tag fairy that being called "Ali" brings back painful childhood memories of being ridiculed and bullied she changes it. I gave her a couple suggestions, and that's the one she picked.

Quote:

stay safe, I've been thinking about you, and your DHs boss, at least he has somewhere to evacuate.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 08-27-2012, 04:26 PM   #1539
alicia080979
DIS Veteran

Sorry for the losses I have been reading about in this thread! I hope everyone stays safe from Isaac too!

We just switched to AKL standard room yesterday from a moderate and I'm second guessing myself. I love, love, loved Kidani last year and this year wanted to stay somewhere new (going the Jambo House counts right??) and really felt like AKL is the only resort that truely feels like you have been transported somewhere far away. We are taking my MIL on her first and likely only trip so even though it was a stretch financially (we are heading down for 10 days in less than 3 weeks so this was an extra unplanned/unbudgeted trip this year) I really wanted her to experience AKL.

Now I'm wondering if we should switch back to a Mod since we can't afford the Savannah view. We had one at Kidani and waking up in the morning to the sounds of zebras playing was truly the highlight of our trip. If we stick with a standard, is there a certain area I should request that would be close to the Mara and close to the valet/main entrance? I found a map and it looked like unless I pay for a pool view and request Zebra trail that isn't really possible?

Thanks!

June 2014-POFQ Quick 4 night trip for SWW then off to the beach!

September 2014-Split Stay. 4 nights FD AKL, 10 nights BCV for F&W

Me DH DD (infant) DS (teen) Ellie :
Old 08-27-2012, 04:55 PM   #1540
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:

I am sorry for your loss. I hope that Isaac will give you a wide berth and does not cause any trouble.

Corinna
Old 08-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #1541
kimmar067

Quote:

.... .....oh, and BTW, stay safe, my friend!
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 07:13 PM   #1542
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Wendy,

Lots of prayers going out to you and those in the path of Isaac. I'm so sorry about your ex-MIL. Stay strong, dear friend. We are all here for you.

It rained here in WDW last night and this morning, but things have been fine since around 11am. Not the prettiest of days, but great park weather!

Old 08-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #1543
kimmar067

Quote:
Yes, but when I explained to the tag fairy that being called "Ali" brings back painful childhood memories of being ridiculed and bullied she changes it. I gave her a couple suggestions, and that's the one she picked. ...
....fair enough....but it still doesn't answer where 'Saxi' comes from....
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 08:08 PM   #1544
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
....fair enough....but it still doesn't answer where 'Saxi' comes from....
My degree is in saxophone performance. So I've always considered myself a "saxy" kind of gal. Especially in college when I usually the only gal in the jazz band. I gave the TF a few choices and I guess that was the one she liked.

Last edited by franandaj; 08-27-2012 at 08:24 PM. Reason: picture
Old 08-27-2012, 08:18 PM   #1545
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Quote:

Sorry for your loss and prayers for your safety!

Quote:
My degree is in saxophone performance. So I've always considered myself a "saxy" kind of gal. Especially in college when I usually the only gal in the jazz band. I gave the TF a few choices and I guess that was the one she liked.
It's a cute tag!

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 40/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: