Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-26-2012, 04:24 PM   #46
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
 
LifeIsDis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Where dreams come true ♥
Posts: 1,865

I almost die because there is too much Disney merchandise in front me. BUT I LIVED!

August 12th

August 12, 2012 was the day I was waiting for over 200+ days. And finally it came.

First full day in Disney! Going to Downtown Disney, eating at Cape May and going to the Magic Kingdom :D

That’s right partners! That there day we were starting our 9 day Disney vacation!

I was super excited. Walt Disney World was less than 5 miles away from us and I couldn’t wait any longer!!!

We woke up at 7 that morning. We made it down to breakfast at 9 and it was pure craziness. People were going every which way. It was just nuts.
I’m not a big breakfast person anyways so I could care less about eating at that moment. Didn’t I mention DISNEY WORLD was like right down the street??????

So we got into the crowd. It wasn’t worth coming down because they had nothing good.

We got some food and went to find to find a table. I don’t know why we thought we would find a table because there were like 100000 people in there. So we had to stand at this little counter.

I got eggs and orange juice. That was it. I didn’t feel like a sausage patty thing that probably wasn’t even sausage or Cheerios for the third day in a row. So I got those two things.
The eggs were amazing. Best eggs I have ever had…NOT. They were watery. It was just nasty. I took one bite and I was about to throw up. Then I tried to get rid of the egg taste with my orange juice and it tasted like I was drinking straight water.

Mum got some cereal and tea.

I was starving and I needed something to eat. So Mum went on the hunt for some fruit. They only had apples and I can’t eat apples because of my braces. Awesome. Then she saw this woman coming out with yogurt and they were going like hot cakes. So she got one for me and that was my breakfast. Watery eggs, orange juice aka water, and strawberry yogurt. Such a five star meal.

Well that was an awful breakfast.

We headed out of Crazyville USA, went up to our room and got our bags.
I pretty much skipped to the front desk to check out. IT WAS TIME IT WAS TIME IT WAS TIME.

We loaded up the car and we were off!

We always go to Downtown Disney on our first day so I put the address in the gps and then I saw it.

Hdbjwbsjsbqjsbxjsjdbshbejahajlsknm!!!!!!!!!!!

I just love that big pole in the way…

WE WERE FINALLY AT DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We parked near the entrance of the lego store and World of Disney.

Then, it was time.

I put my lanyard on, got some stuff together to put in my backpack and we were off for a morning of shopping! Works for me…

I just loved these window displays on the walkway into DTD. The dresses are made of DOLLS!




HI LEGO FAMILY! I LOVE YOOOOUUUU!

Aren’t they just perfect? Except I don't know why they would of brought 4 dogs to Disney (I KNOW THEY ARE NOT REAL).

I just love the lego displays.


I said hi to my dinosaur, sea creature type thing friend (I should probably know what he is since he is my friend) and beautiful Saratoga Springs.


I tried for an artsy photo here, but it didn’t come out the greatest.


Our first stop was World of Disney aka Disney merchandise Heaven. They really should just change the store name to that. Works for moi!

Then I pretty much died because so much Disney merchandise was in front of my eyes, shouting out “BUY ME BUY ME!” So I did. No not all of it, but most. Well, a few items. If only I could buy that whole store…but first I need to find a rich man who likes Disney. And he has to be cute. I mean, the guys in World Showcase are cute, but I don’t know if they are rich. One has to be. But I think it would be really weird if I went up to one and asked them if they had a lot of money. Yeah, that would be really weird.

What was I talking about again? Oh that’s right! How I almost died because there was way too much Disney merchandise in front of me.

So I ran around the store like a mad woman. I was like “LOOOOOOK IT MUM!!!! I WANT THAT THIS AND THAT OTHER THING!!!!” It was just too much for me.

PIIIIINNNSSSSS!!!


EAR HATS!!!


MICKEY!!!


REALLY AWESOME HAT!!!


REALLY AWESOME SHIRT!!!


REALLY AWESOME MUGS!!!


(I like to say really awesome a lot…)

pretty castle <3


Then I saw them. PILLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I was dying to get one after seeing so many pictures of them. Aren’t they really awesome?!?!?!?!?!?! I’ll just answer that for you. YES, YES THEY ARE.

So I got this stuff:

Main Street window book, a ring, an Oswald pin, pencils (so I can be the cool one in school), and a calendar.

Mum got a car sticker that says WDW on it and earrings. (don’t have a picture of them. Sorry!)

While I was waiting in line, I was getting very impatient. It was seriously, the longest line. I know people love to talk to CMs (we do too!) but this woman was talking to this CM FOREVER! It seemed like an hour went by already. I was getting annoyed and Mum was off looking at jewelry.

I started looking around when I saw two people that looked VERY familiar. I hopped out of line (I HAD to!) and raced over to them…

Last edited by LifeIsDis; 08-27-2012 at 12:52 PM.
LifeIsDis is offline  
Old 08-26-2012, 05:57 PM   #47
melmar136
DIS Veteran
 
melmar136's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mass.
Posts: 700

Yay! Disney, shopping, and no more driving or fast food chicken!
Nice cliff hanger, Meg!
melmar136 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #48
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
 
LifeIsDis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Where dreams come true ♥
Posts: 1,865

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmar136 View Post
Yay! Disney, shopping, and no more driving or fast food chicken!
Nice cliff hanger, Meg!
DON'T MAKE FUN OF FAST FOOD CHICKEN!!!
Oh thank you. I thought my cliff hanger was wonderful. I'm sure people will like that...
LifeIsDis is offline  
Old 08-27-2012, 06:37 AM   #49
leopardmickeyears
The Lost Princess
 
leopardmickeyears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Rapunzel's Tower
Posts: 451

I still can't believe you guys drove. But at least you go to go to this Disney outlet I am so so so jealous of
And WHY did they not have those pillows while I was there?!? I NEED that never grow up one
leopardmickeyears is offline  
Old 08-27-2012, 08:23 AM   #50
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
 
LifeIsDis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Where dreams come true ♥
Posts: 1,865

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardmickeyears View Post
I still can't believe you guys drove. But at least you go to go to this Disney outlet I am so so so jealous of
And WHY did they not have those pillows while I was there?!? I NEED that never grow up one
Hey there! Glad to have you reading along
I still can't believe we drove too. And we probably will never do it again! But the outlet totally made up for those long 22 hours.
I hope they still have them when you go next.
LifeIsDis is offline  
Old 08-27-2012, 06:00 PM   #51
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
 
LifeIsDis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Where dreams come true ♥
Posts: 1,865

Let's shop till we drop!

I just had to get out of line. I had no clue where Mum was. I rushed over to them and I probably acted like a total freak. It was Karin (aka dizneeat here on the DIS) and her brother Tom! Of course we would just be at the same place and time on the same day. Not weird at all!

Me – “Excuse me. Are you Karin from the DIS?” Of course I knew it was her but I didn’t want to go up to her and say “I KNOW YOU!” That would be a little awkward.

Karin looked at me a little weird and she was like “Yes…”

Me – “I went on the same cruise as you last year!” We met them on the Dream last August and they were so nice.

She kind of looked at me like I was nuts. Then I started looking around for Mum and she told me after she saw me talking to people and thought “What is she doing?!”
I finally saw her and told her to get over to where I was. She rushed over to me and was like “oh my god!” Karin recognized her from the Dream (thank GOD!) and we chatted for a bit. Karin and Tom were telling us about their month long vacation (lucky ducks!!!!) and all of their plans. I noticed Karin had a 2013 calendar in her hand and I really wanted it. It was so great to see them again and talk to them for a while. We all took a picture together but it was on their camera so hopefully I can get it to show you guys when they get home!

We said goodbye and Mum and I were like “OH MY GOD! I CAN’T BELIEVE WE SAW THEM!” It was so funny. So we walked for about another 30 minutes and we were on the lookout for that calendar! So we asked a CM and he showed us where they were. His name was Ray and he was very nice. The only thing was, I thought we were going to get stuck talking to him all day. I know he enjoyed talking to us but we just wanted to pay and go into more stores. We said bye to him and he gave me stickers (THANK YOU!).

We FINALLY paid and headed out.

I was STARVING. I’m not sure why though because I had such a big breakfast…
Ghirardelli was right there. So why the heck not get something there?! It was only like 10 in the morning…

No we didn’t get ice cream. Maybe you guys were looking forward to seeing an ice cream sundae but we got something else! I read on a TR that the chocolate chip cookies were to die for. So that’s what we got! We paid and then sat at an outdoor table across from Ghirardelli.

Then we devoured this puppy.


It might not look that big from the picture but we split it and we were both full after.
The cookie was amazing. It was very soft and it tasted like we were eating cookie dough! 5/5!

Then we had some business to take care of. Guest Relations was right there so we decided to get our Annual Passes and Tables in Wonderland! We decided to get APs because we have three trips in one year! This trip, November, and next August! So it will save us a lot of money on park tickets AND we got a discount with DVC!
Mum thought they were going to be hard tickets (like a KTTW card) but I guess we aren’t that special.

Mum got Mickey (which I wanted!) and I got Pluto!

I was so excited to finally be AP holders!

So we picked up our TiW while we were there too. It is $75 with an Annual Pass and $100 with DVC. It saves you a ton of money and it’s good for 13 months! I feel like a salesperson right now…

Since TrenD is right next store to Guest Relations, we went there.

TrenD aka the most dangerous but most awesome store on Disney property.


I felt like we were in there for over an hour. IT’S JUST SO COOL IN THERE. I LOVE all of their stuff. I could seriously spend a fortune in there.

I LOVE all of the decorations in TrenD. They are so cool!















I wish I could decorate my house like that…

I saw a ton of stuff I wanted in there. Like…

This Jack mug…


This book because I really need advice from Miss Piggy because she is awesome…


And five million shirts that were awesome, just like the rest of the store.

I told Mum she should get this necklace because she LOVES Minnie but she didn’t think she would wear it.


Mum decided to get an Alex and Ani bracelet with old school Minnie on it. She loves it so much that she is going to get another one in November!

I pin traded with the cashier for the Horizons boot. I gave her a Tink one.

We went to Pin Traders next and I don’t think I pin traded with anyone in here.

I loved this Figaro display! So cute!


From there we went to the Christmas shop, and the name of it totally escapes me right now. Let’s just call it the Christmas shop.

I saw these hat ornaments on the Disney Parks Blog and I was so excited to see them. And I didn’t even get one.


Merry Christmas!


Then I went into the backroom that’s right off of the Christmas shop and I was speechless. I WAS IN HEAVEN.



Please tell me this isn’t awesome?!?!?!


So I left there with a bowl and pencils for school.


Then we went into The Art of Disney. I wish I could afford all of the paintings so I could put them all around our house. Reason 17327632174 why I need to find a rich man.

I loved looking at all of the Mary Blair stuff and Mum was like “Who is Mary Blair?” YOU DON’T KNOW WHO MARY BLAIR IS????? She has so much to learn.

Artist hard at work.


Then we tortured ourselves by going into Goofy’s Candy Company and looked at all of the amazing sweets. And now I will torture you with all of these food pictures. You’re welcome.







NOMS NOMS NOMS NOMS NOMS.

I used the bathroom and this crazy girl behind me kept telling me she liked my hair. Why thank you! But then it just got weird because she said she wanted to go use the men’s room because there was no line. But she decided not to because “men are soooooo disgusting.” HAVE YOU BEEN TO WORLD SHOWCASE?!
FINALLY it was my turn so I wouldn’t have to respond to this chick.

It was about lunch time. We weren’t starving but we were a little hungry. Where would we go?
LifeIsDis is offline  
Old 08-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #52
melmar136
DIS Veteran
 
melmar136's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mass.
Posts: 700

Great update Meg!
But, you don't need to find a rich man to buy you all that merch! You just need to get a great job yourself, OR, you could always win the lottery, or I could!....

And it was so funny to meet Karin and Tom there. It was their first day at WDW too, although they came all the way from Austria!!! (which, at 10 hours for flights, was still a shorter trip than our drive!)
melmar136 is offline  
Old 08-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #53
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
 
LifeIsDis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Where dreams come true ♥
Posts: 1,865

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmar136 View Post
Great update Meg!
But, you don't need to find a rich man to buy you all that merch! You just need to get a great job yourself, OR, you could always win the lottery, or I could!....

And it was so funny to meet Karin and Tom there. It was their first day at WDW too, although they came all the way from Austria!!! (which, at 10 hours for flights, was still a shorter trip than our drive!)
Thanks Mum!
But Mum, I don't think a job at Disney will make me a ton of money. Yeah, I don't think you are going to win the lottery. You will just keep winning concert tix and VIP for moi.
LifeIsDis is offline  
Old 08-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #54
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran
 
cheekypoppins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: C eh N eh D eh
Posts: 1,410

ooohhhh crazy bathroom line girl liked you LOL,anyways I wanna reach through my monitor right now n grab those chocolate mickey marshmallows!!!!
__________________
Simply having a wonderful christmas time!!

cheekypoppins is offline  
Old 08-27-2012, 07:18 PM   #55
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
 
LifeIsDis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Where dreams come true ♥
Posts: 1,865

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
ooohhhh crazy bathroom line girl liked you LOL,anyways I wanna reach through my monitor right now n grab those chocolate mickey marshmallows!!!!

Yeah, she was crazy!
I know! Don't they look so good?!
LifeIsDis is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #56
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
 
LifeIsDis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Where dreams come true ♥
Posts: 1,865

Off to our Villa!

We decided to try Wolfgang Puck Express for lunch! I have heard so many great things about it and we thought that we NEEDED to try it out.



We went inside and it was packed. Mum ordered while I tried to find a table. The main room when you first walk in was already full so I went on the porch and there was a table in the back for for just two people. Perfect!

This was the view from our table.



While I was waiting for Mum, I realized they play really good music in there! I thought I was listening to my iPod for a second. As soon as I sat down, David Cook started playing and I was like “I LOVE YOU WOLFGANG PUCK EXPRESS!”

We split the mac & cheese. Thank GOD we spit it because I don’t think I could ever finish a plate of that by myself. It was so filling but SO good.



Mum checked Mobile Magic on her phone while we were recovering from how full we were and it tells you of course where in Disney you are. It said we were in DTD and that there was no shopping around. Yeah, whatever you say Mobile Magic…

We walked around a little bit more and stopped at a few jewelry kiosks. We saw this necklace and thought it was ADRORABLE. They also had a Mickey one.


We really didn’t want to do much more at DTD so we headed back to the car. I put the address in for the Beach Club into the gps and we were on our way to our first Disney resort of the trip! We were both so excited to be on Disney property and because it was our first stay at the Beach Club, and my first stay at an Epcot resort!

We started seeing Disney buses!


Purple signs!


EPCOT RESORT AREA! THAT’S US!


I was freaking out. I couldn’t believe we were actually going to the Beach Club after waiting for so long!

We pulled in and got our parking pass for our car. When the CM said “Welcome home,” I pretty much died.

We followed the signs to the main building, and CMs opened our doors so we could get out of the car. Why thank you kind sir! We got all of our luggage out so they could take it and Mum went to go park the car. I sat on a bench waiting for her and took pictures of the beautiful resort.









A CM came up to me and asked if we did online check-in, asked for our last name, and she checked if our room was ready yet on her tablet. She told me to wait and she would be right back out with the maps, our KTTW cards, etc. and told me our room was ready. Awesome! Mum came back just then while the CM was inside getting our stuff and I told her our room was ready. She looked at me like “How do you know that…?” The CM came back out, handed us our stuff and showed us how to get to our villa. I love saying that we have a villa. It makes us sound so fancy.

We headed up there and our villa was amazing! We had room, excuse me, VILLA 559.

















Continued in next post
LifeIsDis is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #57
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
 
LifeIsDis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Where dreams come true ♥
Posts: 1,865

Off to our villa! Part 2!










Our view from our room at the Beach Club. Yeah, that’s Spaceship Earth. No big deal.


I was blown away from our view. We could see Spaceship Earth from our window. I couldn’t believe it. It was amazing to wake up every morning and see that.



Our luggage arrived 5 minutes after we got into our villa. I was out admiring Spaceship Earth when they brought it.

Then I almost forgot about something. I don’t know how I could of.

"You're gonna get wet!" STACEY!!!!

"There doesn’t seem to be any track..." ahdkdkdbdksbdjsiwjwl STACEY!!


I just love Stacey so much and I wanted to hug and kiss the TV but I thought that would be a little weird so I didn’t. I did make Mum a Stacey fan this year. She never liked her before (I don’t understand) and now she really likes her. Good thing!

We decided to walk around for a bit. I just wanted to take pictures.

Elevator picture!


The lobby for the Villas is gorgeous.


I was in LOVE with this room. It was just beautiful






Loved this painting!


We made our way outside…






…And into the main lobby.











We were very sad when we walked into the lobby. IT DIDN’T SMELL. You know how it ALWAYS smells so amazing when you walk into the lobby? I don’t know what was up. It didn’t smell the whole time we were at the Beach Club!

We spent a little time in the Marketplace and we wanted to get one of these magnets but we waited because we thought they would still have them in a few days. NOT SO MUCH.


We went outside…





...and we decided that it was snack time!
LifeIsDis is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 03:07 PM   #58
ireneryan
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 513

Your Villa is gorgeous!!! I love that you were all checked in before your Mum even got back from the car, brilliant!
__________________
ireneryan is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 03:17 PM   #59
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
 
LifeIsDis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Where dreams come true ♥
Posts: 1,865

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireneryan View Post
Your Villa is gorgeous!!! I love that you were all checked in before your Mum even got back from the car, brilliant!
We loved it so much!
I know, I loved how we could just go to our villa when she got back!
LifeIsDis is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 08:20 PM   #60
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
 
LifeIsDis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Where dreams come true ♥
Posts: 1,865

Making a run off property and then we are BACK! And we saw some cows.

It was time for an ice cream at Beaches & Cream!


We got in line and there were only two people in front of us.


I thought orange sherbet sounded really good so I got that.



Mum wanted coffee, but they were all out so she got plain old vanilla.



We sat at a little table outside Beaches & Cream and enjoyed our ice creams.

We went back through the lobby after we were done and saw two EMTs with a stretcher heading out towards the pool. I hope the person was ok!

Then we went outside and there was the ambulance! Good thing we were leaving!

We went to the parking lot…


Since last year, we have been getting groceries for our room since we have the mini kitchen. We always eat breakfast in the room. It saves us a lot of money and time on every vacation. If you have a car, just go to the nearest grocery store (which is like a mile from Disney property) or order from Garden Grocer if you don’t have a car. We have ordered from Garden Grocer before and loved it but we didn’t think that was necessary this time since we had a car.

I searched for the nearest grocery store and it was a Publix that was like 1.2 miles away or something.

Why are there cows right outside of the disney entrance?

We got to Publix and it started to rain so we rushed inside. This was Mum’s first Publix trip and she wasn’t a fan. She wasn’t a fan because they had no nail polish. They had nail polish remover, but no actual nail polish. She really wanted to do her Disney nails, but we weren’t going on a hunt for black nail polish.

We picked up our groceries and headed out. We got fruit, bagels, butter, milk, KRISPY KREME DONUTS, and orange juice. I will only get orange juice in Florida because it is the “real deal,” as I like to say. I refuse to get Florida Grown orange juice, or whatever it’s called at home because 1) It travels in a truck over 1,300 miles so it isn’t fresh and 2) its not the real deal. I get the Wegmans brand at home because they make it at the store so I know it’s the real deal. So I got the real deal orange juice from Florida (it said right on it). It was $5 but I could of cared less about the price.

We paid and it was still raining out so we ran to the car and went back to the Beach Club. THANK GOD because I couldn’t stand being off property any longer.

*angles singing*


Art of Animation!


We got back to our VILLA and put the groceries away.

We hung out for a while and I watched like 20 loops of Stacey. I also went online and the WiFi worked great! Thank God it’s free now.

While I was relaxing, I looked at the bedspread and I saw some familiar faces!




SO COOL!

We wanted to go to the pool but it was still raining so we waited for another day.

Then I realized something:
The Beach Club has some really powerful toilets.
Yup.

We got refreshened up and went down to the lobby to wait for our ADR!

I was in love with this little hallway we always went down to get to the main lobby from the villas.




The Beach Club lobby <3


We went into the Marketplace and I got some batteries for my camera just in case and some pin backs. Mum decided to get a refillable mug and I put some lemonade in it.


DON’T YOU JUST LOVE THE CARPET????


We chilled in some chairs for a bit and went online before our ADR. The WiFi didn’t work as well from the lobby, but we would live.

I took some pictures while we waited for our ADR time.





We decided to just check in for our ADR even though we still had a half hour. We got in in 5 minutes and we noticed something right when we walked into the door…
LifeIsDis is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: