Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #316
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Small World View Post
Im loving reading this report. Im from Northern England but have had lots of trips to London in the past couple of years so loved seeing all the pictures. I also LOVE Paris - its one of my favourite places so again am enjoying seeing all the pics.

I love your enthusiasm and the way you are describing everything - little details that a lot of people miss - you can tell that you really really enjoyed your trip to Europe.

Ive been to Paris several times and even worked there for 4 months but I never knew about the locks on the bridge - something new to look for next time I go.

The CM at Buzz was probably telling you to hurry up - depechez vous means hurry up she was probably shortening it to depechez (vous means you so you literally say hurry yourself up)
and THANK YOU for the French lesson!!! I am sure you're right!
I heard about the locks on the bridges on a DIS unplugged podcast - Kevin mentioned it. I read a bit more about it in a guide book.
We were so excited about this trip! We'd traveled a bit, but never anything this huge. I really wanted to make the most of it - I'd go back and spend more time in Paris for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Great update and pics.

I loved the river. Sorry it rained. I never heard of that thing with the locks. Interesting.
Thanks! Yeah, the rain was a bit of a bummer - I'm sure the pictures would be better with blue skies! The river ride was a great thing. It gave a lot of historical information (which I wish I'd retained better!) and such great views of some cool buildings.

See above response on the locks.

One more thing today:
ONE YEAR FROM TODAY WE SET SAIL FOR ALASKA!!!!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:03 PM   #317
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

How fun to go to Alaska!! Girl, you travel as much as I want to!!! I can't wait to hear all the details!!!!! And your Oct trip is coming up quick!!! We are at 83 days today... are you exactly 30 ahead of me? I forget,....it's probably right there in your ticker!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2012, 10:04 PM   #318
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

yep!! it was!! LOL~

Old 08-20-2012, 05:41 AM   #319
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post

Those little bags (top left) are cute. I can see Brooklynn being happy with one of those.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:12 AM   #320
Lil'Mermaid75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
[COLOR="Blue
One more thing today:
ONE YEAR FROM TODAY WE SET SAIL FOR ALASKA!!!!
[/COLOR]
YEAH! I think we're going on an Alaskan cruise next year, too. So excited!
Lil'Mermaid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #321
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Quote:

Thanks Kelli - I wish it was sooner, although I am not ready! I'm trying to find some denim shorts - All the fall stuff is out now. I'm hoping to get to the outlets this weekend and get some deals.

I've got some lists organized and a loose plan of days. We're going to try to "take it easy" this trip - we'll see how it goes! I think it will depend on crowds.
I'll share my daily plans later - I really should get this thing moving so I can finish before October!!! Hopefully we can meet up somewhere!
I would love that!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:13 PM   #322
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
How fun to go to Alaska!! Girl, you travel as much as I want to!!! I can't wait to hear all the details!!!!! And your Oct trip is coming up quick!!! We are at 83 days today... are you exactly 30 ahead of me? I forget,....it's probably right there in your ticker!
Yeah, it's now become an addiction - I want to go so many places! I'm willing to sacrifice for the travel budget!!
Yes, we are at 7 weeks today from our October arrival!! WOO HOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
yep!! it was!! LOL~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Those little bags (top left) are cute. I can see Brooklynn being happy with one of those.
Aren't they? Part of me wishes I'd bought more stuff, but I have way too many bags as it is! Of course, they don't all last forever, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Mermaid75 View Post
YEAH! I think we're going on an Alaskan cruise next year, too. So excited!
You should come on ours!!! Disney - 8/19 - 16/2013 out of Vancouver!!! Have you read eandesmom's TR from her Alaska Cruise last summer? You should - it's great! I have to go check the DIS podcast for this week - Pete had just done a NCL cruise and was going to compare it to the Disney one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
I would love that!
We will sure try! I think the girls would get a kick out of meeting another DIS kid!

I'm really trying to get this thing going - but this last week was crazy! I'm having some people over tonight, so I may get a quick update in if I can finish my chores quick!!
Old 08-25-2012, 02:52 PM   #323
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Continuing on with our day in Paris, we left off where the girls had just eaten McDonalds for dinner and we were off to find Notre Dame...

Once the kids were sufficiently full of their American fast food, we figured out we needed to take a Metro train to get to Notre Dame Cathedral. Did that, and once we were back on the street, we ducked into a store’s entry to read the map (it was still raining lightly). A sales clerk came over to chastise me (in French) for blocking the doorway or dripping in their store or something. I just asked where Notre Dame was and she stuck out her arm and pointed to her left. This was my only real encounter with that stereotypical French rudeness, but I just thanked her (in French!) and walked on. Turns out that you can SEE Notre Dame from the corner we were standing on!! Granted, it’s just a part of the side view, but I might not have recognized it unless someone said it’s right there! It was only about 2 or 3 blocks away!

Walking down the street...
Yet another cool building...

It was about 5:15 now, and I was pretty sure the cathedral closed at 6:45, so we hurried down the street! As we approached, I could hear music from the church. Isn’t that nice?
I think we took this before entering, but not sure...

Yes, I'm torturing you with these up close shots first. You may not even believe this is Notre Dame! HA!

As we entered, we saw signs for “silence” all over the place. We walked in on a Lenten Wednesday Mass!!! Oh man, I completely forgot it was a Wednesday during Lent!!! So we weren’t allowed in the middle part of the church or near the altar. We just walked around the outer sections and took some non-flash pictures while we listened to mass. It was beautiful!! Even though the pictures aren’t great, I was so happy we got in there!

I apologize these are so blurry!

Some of these may be duplicate since I have pictures from three different cameras! And there were so many stained glass windows!!

Isn't this a pretty altar?

Beautiful art too...

This place was really big!

It was getting dark out, so the stained glass pictures didn’t turn out as good as they might have if it were lighter outside.
We took some pictures from the outside too – there’s a big plaza type area across from the front entrance. And it stopped raining!!!

cont. in next post.

Old 08-25-2012, 03:02 PM   #324
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

continued from previous post...

Next year is 850 years for Notre Dame apparently.

Outside

We walked down the street and stopped in some kitschy cheap tourist shops and bought a beret for my friend Jana (the one who had the brain surgery). Then we stopped in a patisserie and bought some treats, and of course, a baguette!! (Marie! The baguettes!) I just wish we could have stumbled into a wine or cheese shop as well!!

I wouldn't mind staying here!

I think this was on a wall outside the shops

We found another McDonald’s – this time just to use the restroom before we got back on the train to head back to DLP. The Metro was PACKED with people – mostly commuters – they must keep weird business hours here – it was getting pretty late. Our kids were about the only children on the train (both the Metro and then the RER to DLP). We got back to DLP around 8 p.m. The girls and I had some fun being “French” and posing in our striped shirts, scarves and the beret with the baguette!

My macaroons! YUMMY!

Eiffel Towers galore!

The $&#^$* hot tub was closed AGAIN, so DH took the girls down to the pool for a while. I stayed behind and soaked in a hot bath in the room instead. I was sore from all the walking and carrying a bag and camera around all day!

I had been feeling kind of bad about not seeing everything on my list for Paris, but I realized that it was probably unrealistic to think I could do it all in one day. Things aren’t as close as one would like, so there’s travel time to factor in, plus it was rainy and cold, so we weren’t all that motivated to rush all over the city. We did get to see the major things, and we get to go back tomorrow night and see the city all lit up! It is called the City of Lights for a reason!

Old 08-25-2012, 03:27 PM   #325
Lil'Mermaid75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You should come on ours!!! Disney - 8/19 - 16/2013 out of Vancouver!!! Have you read eandesmom's TR from her Alaska Cruise last summer? You should - it's great! I have to go check the DIS podcast for this week - Pete had just done a NCL cruise and was going to compare it to the Disney one.

I need to check out that podcast! We have family in Seattle, so the trip would be a bonus to getting to see my brother!

Love this update! Notre Dame is truly stunning. Europe is full of beautiful churches. I like the pictures of you and the girls!
Lil'Mermaid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:33 PM   #326
MEK
DIS Veteran

Wow - I would love to see the Cathedral of Notre Dame. It looks amazing and I bet the sound was fantastic.

Rude French lady getting made of you for just trying to ask for directions.

Those pictures of you and the girls posing are adorable. What a great idea.

Boo to the broken hot tub. Sounds like the pool at the treehouse villa.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:42 PM   #327
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

I've heard about the rudeness in France. I've also heard that if you attempt to speak french to them first then they'll speak english to you..Strange much! Love all the pics
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:08 PM   #328
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

great update and pics. We never went into Notre Dame as a friend of ours came from London so we walked by on our way to dinner. Definitely on my the list for next time.

I honestly don;t recall anyone being rude to us except for at Disney. They just did not care. In Paris itself everyone but 2 ladies who worked in a cafe spoke English to us.

Can't wait to see the pics from when you go back at night.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:14 PM   #329
crzyred
I'm lucky any of my clothes are clean, let alone wrinkle free!
I don't do the whole thinking thing!

I LOVE the pictures of you and the girls!!

The only thing I can think of as I look through these pictures is, I WANNA GO!!
crzyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:28 PM   #330
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Love the stripe shirts! That's great!! The ND is beautiful!! You really get a sense of how large it is when you look at the priest...that place is massive!!!! All the stained glass windows were pretty amazing

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: