Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 05:34 PM   #3451
gaildmoody
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
19 days to go!!!
21 for us!! Right behind ya!
Old 08-24-2012, 06:16 PM   #3452
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

34 for me!!!! Following on your heels! Can't wait, it's my first time staying POLY Club Level!!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #3453
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

342 days for us!

How sad....
Old 08-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #3454
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

239 for us!!!

At least ADR day will be here soon...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 08-24-2012, 08:18 PM   #3455
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran

Aloha all!

It has been crazy busy since we have arrived home on Tuesday. I am in the process of uploading our pics on photobucket from our two cameras and two iphones

We had a great stay at the Poly and a good trip. We saw a lot in our five days and spent plenty of time relaxing at the resort I will elaborate more in my TR but I am thinking DD has outgrown Disney with just Mom and Dad. While we do not get the sibling banter with an only child...one of us always has to ride the rides which I am cool with but while she could go all day and all night, we could not nor did we want to. This caused a few pouting moments. So I think our next trip we may have to bring her cousin.

We stayed CL and it was nice but the evening it was CRAZY busy and apparently there was some food hoarding. We were not there every night but I only experienced the mad rush for food one night and it was not a pretty sight

We did get lots of Pixie dust And we also did a lot of paying it forward...which I will elaborate more on in my TR. Our room was in great condition. The hallways in Hawaii look great. The one thing that I did notice in the lobby is that they have these crazy plastic flowers in the foliage and it looks horrible. I went back and looked at my old pics and these so called flowering plants are new and don't look real at all.

While I mostly had contact with the CL CMs they were all awesome. The only problem we had was with a host at Kona who needs to go back to Disney School as he was absolutely the most rudest cast member I have ever encountered in all our trips.

The GF construction is a bit of an eyesore but it is what it is. I will miss that beautiful view of the GF, especially at night. I hope they do it justice and restore it once the construction is done

I am so happy we got to go and while I was not used to the crowds we still made great use of our time. I would go in late August again with a bit more planning but I am not sure about staying CL during such a bust time as we did not make use of the lounge and food offerings as much as our past trips due to various reasons.

Well, off to get ready for DDs Soccer tournament all weekend! I will hopefully start the TR tonight if I can!

I am excited for all of you going soon! The Poly is as beautiful as ever!

Happy Planning
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF

Old 08-24-2012, 10:27 PM   #3456
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mme03 View Post
Hello everyone-
I'm new to the boards, obviously by all of the following questions. I just booked for March 2013 to stay at the Poly. It will be the first trip for me, DH, DS1 (9), DS2 (9) and DD (5). We are excited. I have booked a garden view for now, room only because there are so many options! We would love a balcony. Can anyone give me advice on which buildings to request and what is the best way to request? I am a total newbie! Also, would you upgrade to a lagoon view given the price......I just want the wow factor of our vacation and its so hard my head is spinning with information! Any advice on buildings, rooms, views is so appreciated! Thank you so much!

For a balcony.. request the third floor

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 08-24-2012, 10:48 PM   #3457
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran

I don't know if you all heard that scream but that was me after sitting here at my computer for the last 90 minutes working on my TR and my computer just shut off on me.

I am so bummed as I was almost finished with the first post. Literally getting reading to submit it! UGH!

I guess I will have to restart again tomorrow

Note to self....cut and past onto word doc next time

Good night everyone!
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF

Old 08-24-2012, 10:53 PM   #3458
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezysMom View Post
I don't know if you all heard that scream but that was me after sitting here at my computer for the last 90 minutes working on my TR and my computer just shut off on me.

I am so bummed as I was almost finished with the first post. Literally getting reading to submit it! UGH!

Good night everyone!
That is the worst!!! I always write in Word first, then paste it to the DIS. I have had one too many mishaps with the DIS screwing up my post and poofing it.

I'm glad you had a great trip. We had so many great experiences with the CMs that I wrote an email when we got home praising the shining stars of our trip. Today as I was leaving BJs I got a call from guest relations to let me know they appreciated my email and that each CM I wrote about will get recognition for their service and it will be noted in their file. I was so happy to hear this!
Old 08-25-2012, 07:28 AM   #3459
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Quote:
Aloha all!

It has been crazy busy since we have arrived home on Tuesday. I am in the process of uploading our pics on photobucket from our two cameras and two iphones

We had a great stay at the Poly and a good trip. We saw a lot in our five days and spent plenty of time relaxing at the resort I will elaborate more in my TR but I am thinking DD has outgrown Disney with just Mom and Dad. While we do not get the sibling banter with an only child...one of us always has to ride the rides which I am cool with but while she could go all day and all night, we could not nor did we want to. This caused a few pouting moments. So I think our next trip we may have to bring her cousin.

We stayed CL and it was nice but the evening it was CRAZY busy and apparently there was some food hoarding. We were not there every night but I only experienced the mad rush for food one night and it was not a pretty sight

We did get lots of Pixie dust And we also did a lot of paying it forward...which I will elaborate more on in my TR. Our room was in great condition. The hallways in Hawaii look great. The one thing that I did notice in the lobby is that they have these crazy plastic flowers in the foliage and it looks horrible. I went back and looked at my old pics and these so called flowering plants are new and don't look real at all.

While I mostly had contact with the CL CMs they were all awesome. The only problem we had was with a host at Kona who needs to go back to Disney School as he was absolutely the most rudest cast member I have ever encountered in all our trips.

The GF construction is a bit of an eyesore but it is what it is. I will miss that beautiful view of the GF, especially at night. I hope they do it justice and restore it once the construction is done

I am so happy we got to go and while I was not used to the crowds we still made great use of our time. I would go in late August again with a bit more planning but I am not sure about staying CL during such a bust time as we did not make use of the lounge and food offerings as much as our past trips due to various reasons.

Well, off to get ready for DDs Soccer tournament all weekend! I will hopefully start the TR tonight if I can!

Happy Planning
Welcome Back!!! I've been off for awhile. Not sure if it has been to much Disney or sadness from not knowing when we will be back or if it will be the Poly again. I can't wait to hear how your trip went, but I'm not a fan of the smaller trips. When we did it in October I started to think about all of the things we did miss, but we had some AWFUL weather.
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 08-25-2012, 08:57 AM   #3460
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:

Good night everyone!
Odd, my computer has been doing the same thing--hard stops while online and on the DIS. . . I had the computer in for repair last weekend and they blamed it on a virus. I am doubtful there was a virus because it had been checked by the IT department and nothing was found. This morning, once again, it shut down while I was reading your post.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #3461
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We were there at the same time and experienced the madness. Many nights I peeked in and saw the crazy and just made a mad dash for my punch and left immediately. Especially sushi night I ended up just going to CCs for sushi roll to avoid the lounge

TBH it turned me off of CL in general, although I doubt I'll be able to resist upgrading as future trips approach.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 08-25-2012, 10:01 AM   #3462
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTilson View Post
Hi Poly friends!

Officially 3 days until our first ever trip to the Poly! (3rd WDW trip for us!)
Have a great trip.....you're going to love the Poly .

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick v2 View Post
Just got back and all our requests were met. Have an amazing time and can't wait to go back!
Glad you had a great time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
19 days to go!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadira36 View Post
We can hardly wait to arrive!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaildmoody View Post
21 for us!! Right behind ya!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
34 for me!!!! Following on your heels! Can't wait, it's my first time staying POLY Club Level!!
Hope you all have great trips and enjoy the Poly .

Quote:
Aloha all!

Happy Planning
Glad you had a good time . Looking forward to your TR as we are booked at the Poly in July 2013 and although we have stayed there before, we are trying CL this time around and we are so excited .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-25-2012, 05:12 PM   #3463
TeamTilson
O'hana

In 17 hours, I'm going walk into the GCH, drop my bags, open my arms, and take a DEEP BREATH full of that Poly air!

Isaac will not dampen our trip! I have been looking forward to this all summer!!

From VA to WA! Moving from the East Coast to the West Coast (Richmond to Seattle) in June 2013!
Old 08-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #3464
mickey2minnie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTilson View Post
In 17 hours, I'm going walk into the GCH, drop my bags, open my arms, and take a DEEP BREATH full of that Poly air!

Isaac will not dampen our trip! I have been looking forward to this all summer!!
I agree. Sometimes you have to make your own magic!
Nov/Dec 2010 5 nights at the Poly with my 3 children
June 2010 3 nights at the Poly w/ DH
Oct/Nov 2009 8 nights at the Poly GVCL
Oct/Nov 2007 9 nights at the Poly

Me DH DS 17 DS 14 DD 12 Sebastian 6
Old 08-26-2012, 03:31 AM   #3465
TeamTilson
O'hana

I'm suffering massive Polysomnia. We leave in 1 hour for the airport and I haven't slept at all tonight. I can't sleep. I got a 2 hour nap today but .... I'm just not tired.

Hoping to catch an hour of zzzs on the flight to MCO and maybe a cat nap once we get settled in my room.

Is it just me? I don't know if I'm excited, or nervous (darn you Isaac), or stressed... I just know that it's not good to be traveling with little sleep.

From VA to WA! Moving from the East Coast to the West Coast (Richmond to Seattle) in June 2013!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: