Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
expatmama
Earning My Ears

From the holy land to Disneyland- UPDATED TR

Well, Im a newbie on this board, so be nice. I am really excited about our upcoming disney trip, so I thought I would start a PTR, hopefully to turn into a full trip report.

Background- I moved to Israel 3 years ago, but visit California often. I now have two little kids, so I decided that our annual trip to visit my parents in Norcal would be SO MUCH better with a side trip to disneyland.

The cast:

Me - Californian born and raised, Disney lover. Since I grew up in Norcal, I visited Disneyland a lot growing up, and have been to WDW a handful of times.
DH-Israeli. Has no idea what Disney means. We went to the park together once when we were dating, and he was grumpy the whole time. He agreed to go again because of the girls. Im hoping hes better this time.

Princess M (3)- loves all things Princess, and is so excited to be going to Mickeys house
Princess N (1)- is along for the ride. At least itll be a fun ride.

Supporting cast: DHs best friend is also coming with us, and my parents will be road tripping with us down from Norcal

We will be going at the end of July and beginning of August. Next update will be our general plan

Last edited by expatmama; 08-24-2012 at 08:05 PM.
expatmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:30 PM   #2
limace
DIS Veteran

Looks like we'll be there at the same time! What a great trip you'll have
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2012, 05:16 AM   #3
expatmama
Earning My Ears

Update!

Well we leave for California today- a week in the SF bay area before heading down to disneyland! Figuring out the last minute logistics of taking two kids under 4 on 24 hours of flight, and then how to match up 3 different traveling schedules to land us all in Anaheim at the same time.

Anyone have any advice on the best way to get from LAX to the park for a single passenger? We are meeting one of DHs friends, and I cant decide if the Disney express or the supershuttle is a better idea.... or just go out of our way and pick him up on the drive down from SF?

Its been over 100 everyday here this week, and I am looking forward to some beautiful California weather.

Heres hoping for a smooth and safe flight, then the official countdown to the park can begin!

Old 07-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #4
DisneytheKid
A bad attempt at Billy the Kid

How was the trip!?!
Countless times during the 80's and 90's
DisneytheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #5
Velvetia
Mouseketeer

Hope you had a wonderful time - can't wait to hear all about it!

Me DGranny : DS9 DS7
Velvetia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #6
expatmama
Earning My Ears

Sorry for the delay everyone! International travel will do that too you.

TR- hopefully pictures will come later

Day 1: Drove down from San Francisco, took our time and two days. Arrived in Anaheim Sunday evening.

Gear: We stopped at the Camarillo outlets on our drive south, and stocked up on disney gear from the outlet shop. Taking advice from another poster, I gave the girls a gift once or twice a day, and they never asked for anything in the park (though they are still young, so maybe it worked better)

Hotel: We stayed at the HoJo. Clean, comfortable. We had a great view of the disney parks, and the fireworks. Great the first night, really loud the next two. It was a great walk to the parks, and I am glad we stayed within walking distance with the two kids

Food: first night I met some friends at the CPK in the city walk. We had originally planned for PF Changs, but there was over an hour wait, and no wait at CPK.

My parents took the girls to DTD and tried Tortilla Joes, which they said the girls liked.

Last edited by expatmama; 08-24-2012 at 08:16 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: