Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #211
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

HELLO, ladies!!!! I'm back!!!

We got into Vegas this morning around 3 a.m. and have spent the day resting and unpacking. We had the best trip. It was so great to see my mom, aunts, uncles, Grandparents, cousins, etc again. And, the kids had a blast doing all the outdoorsy, country-ish things like hiking, going to farms, kayaking, you name it!

The train ride there and back was fun. Much better than I had hoped for. So much lovely countryside to see across America. I'm so glad we did it. What an experience. I have tons of photos that I will slowly but surely get posted on Facebook for those interested in checking them out. I think we took over 1300 photos! Don't worry, I won't post them all. LOL

I missed you all so much though. I am already looking forward to October when I get to meet up with some of you and get my Disney fix.

I only skimmed back so forgive me if I missed anything important. I see we have several new ladies which is awesome!!

Anyway, it's good to be back. Hope you are all doing well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaally View Post
I would love to do something like this trip. It's sounds amazing and fun, I also saw a lot of pictures from last years dis diva meet. But sadly I'm a chicken and really shy anyone else like me but still went?
Hello there!! Welcome to the group. Don't be chicken or shy. Okay, so that's easier said that done sometimes, but I promise you this group of ladies is truly special and wonderful and you won't regret it!
I might have missed it, but what is your real name? I'll add you to our every growing list of attendees on the front page, and if you'd like to share a pic of yourself, I can add that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugabearjo View Post
My niece and I are thinking we can't resist the fun. How do we get signed up and get tee shirts and learn all the tricks to plan for.... The pictures show some creative costume planning how does that take place.....can't wait to get involved.......
Hello!! We'd love to have you and your niece join the fun! Signing up is easy! Just tell me your name and niece's name and what days you think you'll be joining us, then I will add you to the attendee list. As for tees, and other tricks, you can find some info on the front page, and the rest will be posted as it gets closer.
The front page is always updated with the latest info though, so if you fall behind on the thread, you can always just check there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raftislander View Post
Ok ...I have been lurking on these threads for at least three years wanting to join the fun but not being able to due to timing. This is the YEAR!!! My name is Kit. I am a working mom with a daughter about to go off to college - University of Oregon- this fall, leaving me with an empty nest. I was at the PNW Mousemeet too! I have been every year as it is a great Disney fix that doen not require a plane ride. Sorry I missed the opportunity to meet up with some Divas. Things have been so busy at work that I am way behind on this thread or I might have known. I will be staying at the Grand California. My sister who lives in Nevada and maybe a sister-in-law may come along for the fun as well. So Hello
Hello, Kit!! So glad this is the year you'll finally be able to join in the fun!! It's about time! LOL
I'll add you to the attendee list, and if you'd like you can post a photo for the front page as well.

Where in NV does your sister live? I'm in Las Vegas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post

Just found out today that my DDKaitlyn (18 1/2) has Valley Fever. She has been having severe pain under her left rib. Valley Fever is a disease that settles into your lungs. It's prevalent in our area, but still rare. I had it when I was 24, but I only know a few other people who have had it. Anywhos, she is going to have to take it really easy for the next 6 weeks before she goes to Australia. It doesn't really go away for 6 months, and that is how long she will be gone. I think she will be taking medication the whole time she is there. Our doctor is not even sure if they have the test for Valley Fever in Australia? But he seems to think she will be OK. Going to get more info on her next appointment next week. Just glad it didn't happen while she was gone.

Oh and today I turned 56. Definitely part of the senior citizen crowd..... But young at heart! I still loves me ToT, Screamin, Space, Thunder, Splash, Indy and now i get to try Racers!!!

Have a nice day!
Hey Miss Mel! Glad your beach trip was awesome. Sorry to hear Kaitlyn has Valley Fever. I remember my mom talking about that when she lived in Hanford. I hope she's doing ok.

And, Happy Birthday to the hottest, craziest "senior citizen" I know! You rock!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
It is so hot here, I am so sick of it. It's been over 100 every day this week with no relief in sight. Blech! I hope Beth is surviving summer in Michigan without A/C.
I heard several places had horrible heat waves, but thankfully MI wasn't one of them!! Believe it or not, it was so nice the whole time we were there. No A/C needed. Not humid at all either. I think we lucked out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyYearWithTheMouse View Post
Hi everyone . I'm wondering if I'm eligible to attend this trip. I'm local (very, very local) and might have a SoCal pass, so might only be able to attend the Thursday, Friday, and Sunday events. Is that okay? If not, I understand .

A little about me--I'm Shelby, married to DH for 11 years. We have a DS, Theo, aged 3.5, and we're also in the process of adopting our DD, Violet, who turned one in July. She's in China and we are hoping to travel to pick her up in November (waiting on paperwork--ugh).

If nobody objects to my limited attendance, I look forward to getting to know you on this thread and maybe meet you in February/March .
Hi Shelby!! Glad you are joining us. The great thing about these trips is you can totally customize it to what you want. Sign up for the days you can make it, eat at the meals you want, etc. It's great! We'd love to have you join us, all or any of the days.
I will get you added to the front page list. If you want, you can share a photo, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
Then we wouldn't need tiaras..... Just sayin..... LOL
Did you think you could just sneak that by me??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbillabong View Post
Enough with the hooie about no tiaras though - that's just beyond crazy talk
We always need tiaras. Are we or are we not princesses??

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendylady36 View Post
My mom, that some of you got to meet at this years Diva meet, was diagnosed with endometrial cancer last week. We went to the doctors today and he said she is at a grade(not the same as stage) 3, which is the most aggressive you can have. She has a few tests (EKG, CT scan, etc) that she needs to get done before her surgery (a hysterectomy). He also thinks she will need both radiation and chemo afterward. She doesn't want me to tell anybody, but I need the support. Please keep us in your thoughts.
Oh Wendy, I am so sorry to hear this. I loved meeting your mom. She's so sweet. I am sorry she has to deal with this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and her both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiedoo View Post
Hello. . I live in the area. Couldn't do the whole trip but maybe come around for one day?
Hi there! Welcome! We'd love to have you join in the fun for as many days as you can make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
When does our fearless leader Beth get back? I miss her.
I'm back!! I missed you all so much. It was a fun get away, but I missed my Divas!
Old 08-23-2012, 09:10 PM   #212
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

I rarely get a chance to log into the Dis anymore but I was checking out the DLP thread and thought I'd stop by and oh my a lot has been happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post

Welcome Back!

I missed you all so much though. I am already looking forward to October when I get to meet up with some of you and get my Disney fix.
I wish I could join you for the 19th at DL but we will just be getting home on Sunday and I can't even think about taking the day off. We will try to meet you all at Universal on Sat. so I can see you, Capri and anyone else who is going that day.

Hey Miss Mel! Glad your beach trip was awesome. Sorry to hear Kaitlyn has Valley Fever. I remember my mom talking about that when she lived in Hanford. I hope she's doing ok.
I am sorry to hear about Kaitlyn's illness and I hope she gets better quickly!

And, Happy Birthday to the hottest, craziest "senior citizen" I know! You rock!!
Happy, Happy Birthday, Mel!!

Oh Wendy, I am so sorry to hear this. I loved meeting your mom. She's so sweet. I am sorry she has to deal with this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and her both.

Wendy, I am SO sorry to hear about your mom. I only had a chance to meet her at the Meet n Greet and she reminded me so much of you! My thoughts are with you and your family!

Welcome to all of the new ladies! I am on FB a lot feel free to friend me if you'd like.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2012, 10:20 AM   #213
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
I rarely get a chance to log into the Dis anymore but I was checking out the DLP thread and thought I'd stop by and oh my a lot has been happening!
Hi, Vicki! Good to see you here. How's planning going for your DLP trip? I bet you are getting really excited!

Good morning, ladies! I think I am still on Michigan time. I woke up at 5 this morning. Wide awake, with no hope of going back to sleep. I'm sure my body thought it was 8.

But, the good news is, it's Friday! Ruben took today off. He doesn't go back to work until Monday. I'm glad he did.
Today's plans include two doctor appts, one for my echocardiogram and the other for my spot compression and ultrasound. Fun! Not. Oh, well. Tonight we are going down to the Strip so that should be nice at least.

Hopefully you all have a better day planned than mine! And, hope you all have a great weekend. It's our last one here before school starts on Monday. Where has the summer gone??

TTYL!
Old 08-24-2012, 11:02 AM   #214
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

I got your mail again Beth. This time from Pep Boys.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #215
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Hi, Vicki! Good to see you here. How's planning going for your DLP trip? I bet you are getting really excited!

Good morning, ladies! I think I am still on Michigan time. I woke up at 5 this morning. Wide awake, with no hope of going back to sleep. I'm sure my body thought it was 8.

But, the good news is, it's Friday! Ruben took today off. He doesn't go back to work until Monday. I'm glad he did.
Today's plans include two doctor appts, one for my echocardiogram and the other for my spot compression and ultrasound. Fun! Not. Oh, well. Tonight we are going down to the Strip so that should be nice at least.

Hopefully you all have a better day planned than mine! And, hope you all have a great weekend. It's our last one here before school starts on Monday. Where has the summer gone??

TTYL!
Welcome back Beth!!!!

We've been missing you!

Hope all your doctor visits go well today.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #216
cittycat
Mouseketeer

Quote:

We got into Vegas this morning around 3 a.m. and have spent the day resting and unpacking. We had the best trip. It was so great to see my mom, aunts, uncles, Grandparents, cousins, etc again. And, the kids had a blast doing all the outdoorsy, country-ish things like hiking, going to farms, kayaking, you name it!

The train ride there and back was fun. Much better than I had hoped for. So much lovely countryside to see across America. I'm so glad we did it. What an experience. I have tons of photos that I will slowly but surely get posted on Facebook for those interested in checking them out. I think we took over 1300 photos! Don't worry, I won't post them all. LOL

I only skimmed back so forgive me if I missed anything important. I see we have several new ladies which is awesome!!

Anyway, it's good to be back. Hope you are all doing well.

Welcome back Beth!! Glad you enjoyed the train ride! It really is a great way to get to see the country & relax....I find it hard to relax sometimes though...too much to do!
Old 08-24-2012, 02:34 PM   #217
cittycat
Mouseketeer

October visit

Will anyone be around the park October 5-9??? I'm 90% sure my daughter & i will be coming down then. I cannot wait to see the Halloween stuff again! It's been a few years!!

We're still undecided if we'll do the halloween trick or treat tickets though. We did it a couple of times at DCA, but have not done it at DL. Daughter said she didn't think we needed to, but wondering if it's better now that it's at DL. Do they close the park to people without those tickets? Seems lame to have to pay $50 as a Premium Annual passholder

Feedback welcome!
Old 08-24-2012, 02:38 PM   #218
cittycat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyYearWithTheMouse View Post
Oh, I would love a cruise in the Baltic! I've only done part of that area by land when we lived briefly in Northern Germany. Copenhagen is awesome, but Denmark is absolutely the most expensive country I've ever visited. We drove and were crossing the country late at night and starving, so we pulled over to a Burger King (for the record, I don't normally make it a habit to eat American fast food in other countries, but it was one of the only places open), and a "value meal" was $15, just the burger, fries, and small soda. And that was 8 years ago.

I just want to say that I'm loving your blog!!! It has solidified our plans for an October trip!! One would think it would provide a fix, but it just makes me want to hop on a plane right now!!!! I do love the witty comments too!
Old 08-24-2012, 05:05 PM   #219
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cittycat
Will anyone be around the park October 5-9??? I'm 90% sure my daughter & i will be coming down then. I cannot wait to see the Halloween stuff again! It's been a few years!!

We're still undecided if we'll do the halloween trick or treat tickets though. We did it a couple of times at DCA, but have not done it at DL. Daughter said she didn't think we needed to, but wondering if it's better now that it's at DL. Do they close the park to people without those tickets? Seems lame to have to pay $50 as a Premium Annual passholder

Feedback welcome!
Yes. They close DL early for the Trick or Treating. We got so much candy I'm sure it was worth more than what we paid for two tickets. Plus the party is the only way to see the Halloween fireworks.

We had a blast last year and have tickets for the 15th of October.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 08-24-2012, 05:32 PM   #220
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Quote:
Did you think you could just sneak that by me??????

We always need tiaras. Are we or are we not princesses??
A girl can try

Tie dye and tiaras. Yeah. That's what we need.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #221
Queenbillabong
Second to the right and straight on til morning
Just like melted butter
We may need a table by the loo

Quote:
I KNEW you could be reasonable if you tried
Old 08-24-2012, 08:24 PM   #222
karylrocks
I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
Yes. They close DL early for the Trick or Treating. We got so much candy I'm sure it was worth more than what we paid for two tickets. Plus the party is the only way to see the Halloween fireworks.

We had a blast last year and have tickets for the 15th of October.
We will be there for the party that night too!

Beth, did you decide whether or not to go to Knott's? Tickets are on sale now and Lisa is thinking about going the 18th, but now she is worried that it will be too scary. Do we have a plan for meeting up on the 19th?

Disneyland: 1964, 1977, 1979, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1991, 1995, 2000, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Walt Disney World: 1994, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013
DCL: Wonder-10 Night Southern Caribbean 2006, Mexican Riviera 2011; Magic-Inaugural Galveston 2012
Aulani: May 2012
Old 08-25-2012, 01:05 AM   #223
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Helllllllooooooo Divas! How's it going? I know, I know...I have been MIA from here for forever! I just want to go with you so much and know that is just not a possibility this year so I have been staying away for my own sanity! Anyway, does anyone here remember the LPF? Well, it's time to have one in the Pacific Northwest! Calling all interested Divas! I am having a movie marathon/sleepover at my house in Lynden, WA either October 27th or November 17th depending on the schedules of those interested in attending! Kandace from the Seattle area is helping me plan the event! More details will be forthcoming, for now I am just trying to figure out who all would like to come and which of those dates would work for you! So facebook me or pm me here and lets get this party started!

Hope all the rest of you divas are fantastic!

TTYL,
Sarah May

Old 08-25-2012, 01:38 AM   #224
MyYearWithTheMouse
Disneyland In A Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cittycat View Post
I just want to say that I'm loving your blog!!! It has solidified our plans for an October trip!! One would think it would provide a fix, but it just makes me want to hop on a plane right now!!!! I do love the witty comments too!
Thank you SO MUCH! What a lovely thing to hear!

We went to Mickey's Halloween Party last year. I was a bit disgruntled because as an APer, I was like "Really? I have to PAY to get into DL again?" But seriously, it was worth every penny! I blogged about it here. Bottom line was, the candy was great, the parade was cute, the fireworks were AMAZING (seriously, second-best show after Remember...). I would totally do it again.

Shelby, head My Year With The Mouseketeer
Old 08-25-2012, 02:14 AM   #225
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
I got your mail again Beth. This time from Pep Boys.
Okay, Trudi, this is getting too weird! Cue the Twilight Zone theme music...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Welcome back Beth!!!!

Hope all your doctor visits go well today.
Awww, thanks!! As for the Dr. visits, I'll have several days of waiting before I know anything...you know how that goes.

Quote:
Welcome back Beth!! Glad you enjoyed the train ride! It really is a great way to get to see the country & relax....I find it hard to relax sometimes though...too much to do!
Thanks! I know what you mean. In a way, it was nice to be on the train and forced to sit back and relax.

Quote:

Feedback welcome!
I've been to the party once in DL, and while I am glad we went, and would recommend going once, I doubt I'll go again. My kids just aren't all that into it.

Quote:
A girl can try

Well, you got it half right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karylrocks View Post
Beth, did you decide whether or not to go to Knott's? Tickets are on sale now and Lisa is thinking about going the 18th, but now she is worried that it will be too scary. Do we have a plan for meeting up on the 19th?
Hi, Carol. Yep, we are going to Knotts on the 18th. We are doing the pre-scare boo-fet, too. It's good, and nice to get in a bit early. I don't think it will be too scary. They have many mazes to choose from, and this year for their 40th anniversary they'll have more shows. I'm looking forward to it. She should definitely go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
Kandace from the Seattle area is helping me plan the event! More details will be forthcoming, for now I am just trying to figure out who all would like to come and which of those dates would work for you! So facebook me or pm me here and lets get this party started!
Sounds like a blast, Sarah! Hope you get lots of ladies to join you.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: