Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2012, 08:58 PM   #16
EMTDISNEY
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenclan67 View Post
This is what is on the bottom of my reservation and there is no survey. NO money has crossed hands yet!!!
She sent me my one week in good faith and will send me the others after! She said she is an owner at Westgate Town Center, and she had weeks to use up because she didn't use them last year, and she deposited her 2013 weeks so she could get me 3 rooms total for family. Now I am afraid again, cause it is not just my vacation it is 2 other families as well.

Anyhow, this is what is on the bottom of my ressie!

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Interval International Guest Certificates may be purchased by active members who have placed a request or already
received confirmation of exchange accommodations from Interval. Guest Certificates are issued to the recipient
only after the exchange accommodations have actually been confirmed.
The assignment of an exchange week via an Interval International Guest Certificate voids the right of the member to
use the exchange accommodation, as well as the home resort week, relinquished for exchange.
Guest Certificates are valid only for the vacation dates and accommodations indicated on the face of the Certificate.
Guest Certificates may be used only by the individual(s) named on the Certificate, are non-transferable, and may not
be sold or used for commercial purpose.
The requestor of a Guest Certificate warrants that the recipient of the Certificate is at least 21 years of age.
The member who requested the Guest Certificate will be held responsible for the payment of any damages and/or
replacement of missing items in the resort unit or on the resort premises for the time period assigned to the guest.
Additional people may accompany the Guest Certificate recipient, provided the travel party does not exceed the
occupancy limit indicated on the face of this Certificate.
Use of the Guest Certificate and resort accommodations is subject to any conditions imposed by the resort.
Interval International reserves the right to revoke this Guest Certificate should any of these Terms and Conditions
be breached.
^exactly what mine says also.

Guest Certificates may be used only by the individual(s) named on the Certificate, are non-transferable, and may not
be sold or used for commercial purpose.

The above is probably the line that could get owner in trouble...
EMTDISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #17
greenclan67
Callie35

Mine has my name on it as well! So I don't know what to do. I honestly don't believe she is trying to scam me, at all. She has been over the top great to talk with, she called me again today to say she got my 3 bdrm for the 2nd week as well, ( it was originally a 2 bdrm but she deposited her 2013 weeks she said)
I do remember her telling me she owns a 4 bdrm there, and she splits in up into a 1 bdrm, 1 bdrm and a 2 bdrm, so that way she can get 3 weeks, but she had weeks she hadn't used yet from before. So she had enough weeks to do 3, 1 weeks in 3 bdrms, and then she had to deposit her 2013 allotment to do my 3 bdrm for the 2nd week. So that means what? This is probably why I rent timeshare, not own it! LOL

ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #18
EMTDISNEY
Earning My Ears

I would think she is not scamming you in the sense that she probably does want you to go and get to stay as she indicated. But what it sounds like is that she may not really have the right to sell this to you.

And if II finds out that it was sold and not given to you (because it sounds like they can give these weeks to friends and family), they may cancel your res.

We are in the same situation. I am not that concerned because it is just my family and it is an off week so I'm confident I'd be able to find some place to stay. And it's not like my seller plans on telling II that I paid him (and I won't either now that I realize they might cancel my week if they find out). It's a lesson learned for me.

I'm not sure what I'd do in your situation. But if you do go forward with her, I'd demand PayPal or cc. At least then you could dispute the charges if the worst happened right?
EMTDISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #19
greenclan67
Callie35

I just thought of something, she did say about saying we were family and friends, but she providided me with her account number for Westgate Town center, so I could call and verify she was def an owner, and when I called, the agent actually asked me if I wanted to book right through her on the phone.
So I don't think there will be a big worry I guess with them as long as they don't know we paid her. I don't know, I will talk to her in the morning and see what she says!
Thanks for the advice!

ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is offline   Reply With Quote