Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 11:15 PM   #196
wendylady36
Why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Wendygirl,

I am so deeply affected by your news. I know how close you are to your Mom. I will be praying for the whole situation, and your family.

My love and the biggest of hugs to you sweetie!
Thank you, Auntie Mel. I miss you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Califgirl View Post
Big hugs, Wendy. I'm so sorry to hear that your mom is going through this.
Thank you, Chris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoMama View Post
Good luck. My mom was diagnosed with uterine cancer years ago, she had a complete hysterectomy and ended up not needing the chemo. She's been cancer free for over 10 years now. I hope your mom's results are as good, and will keep thinking happy thoughts for her and your family.
I'm so happy to hear that your mom didn't need chemo and that she has been cancer free for 10 years! This is the kind of news I need to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post
I just have to say CANCER SUCKS!!!!!

WendyLou~ I totally understand where you are coming from. I just dealt with that for the last few years with my mom. Love you seester!
CANCER DOES SUCK, seester! Big hugs to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyYearWithTheMouse View Post
Wendy, so sorry to hear this news, and lots of prayers for a great outcome.
Thank you so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
Wendy----I close to never come on the Disboards anymore, so just heard about your mom.

I am so sorry to hear this. I will cross my fingers and monkey toes for a successful surgery and good outcome!!!

Anything I can do, let me know!!!
Thank you, Amy-Okra-Monkey-Toed-Sue.

My momma's surgery is scheduled for Tuesday, August 28th. I'm so ready for this to be over, and so is she.

Welcome to all the new divas, it is so great to see so many new faces! I hope everyone has been having a wonderful week so far.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:19 PM   #197
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I hope all goes well with your Mom's surgery Wendy, and that all gets better afterwards.
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2012, 12:48 AM   #198
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

When does our fearless leader Beth get back? I miss her.

Good luck to all the runners over Labor Day. You guys rock!

I hope everyone is having a good week.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
Old 08-22-2012, 04:45 AM   #199
debbiedoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendylady36

Thank you, Auntie Mel. I miss you!

Thank you, Chris.

I'm so happy to hear that your mom didn't need chemo and that she has been cancer free for 10 years! This is the kind of news I need to see.

CANCER DOES SUCK, seester! Big hugs to you!

Thank you so much.

Thank you, Amy-Okra-Monkey-Toed-Sue.

My momma's surgery is scheduled for Tuesday, August 28th. I'm so ready for this to be over, and so is she.

Welcome to all the new divas, it is so great to see so many new faces! I hope everyone has been having a wonderful week so far.
Hope everything goes well with your moms surgery!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

There are three classes of people: those who see, those who see when they are shown, those who do not see. Leonardo da Vinci
Old 08-22-2012, 09:13 AM   #200
sierranevada
DISDiva

Morning ladies!
First of all - Happy Belated Birthday Mel!

And a big to all the new Divas! You will really enjoy this group

And Wendy - So sorry to hear about your mom! You and our family are in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us update after her surgery.

Just got back from my Baltic Cruise - wasn't able to check in on the boards. Limited internet on the boat and we were always off on a tour. St. Petersburg is fascinating - so much history and incredible beautiful palaces and cathedrals. We did a 2 1/2 day private tour and our guide was incredible. My mind was reeling with all the names, fact and history. So interesting to see it up close.

Feel in love with Helsinki and Copenhagen! Would definitely go back for an extended visit. Saw the original Little Mermaid statue and both cities had quaint with wonderful cobble stone roads and beautiful waterways. We liked Stockholm - especially the Ice Bar! - but the other cities overshadowed it!

Will try and keep up on the thread now that I am back. Looking forward to my first MouseAdventure with Stacie, Heather & Kandace! And meeting up with the Hunt committee that weekend to plan a wonderful Scavy hunt for you gals next year!

Missed you guys!

Old 08-22-2012, 01:38 PM   #201
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Happy Hump Day ladies!! Micah and I had a great weekend, we just enjoyed ourselves and relaxed. It was great. Yesterday was crazy busy at work but today is back to normal. No plans after work, I will go home and make dinner and do some laundry, that will be fun.
I'm ready to go back to DL, I want to take the kids in October and do the Halloween party........trying to work that out!

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
Old 08-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #202
debbiedoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierranevada
Morning ladies!
First of all - Happy Belated Birthday Mel!

And a big to all the new Divas! You will really enjoy this group

And Wendy - So sorry to hear about your mom! You and our family are in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us update after her surgery.

Just got back from my Baltic Cruise - wasn't able to check in on the boards. Limited internet on the boat and we were always off on a tour. St. Petersburg is fascinating - so much history and incredible beautiful palaces and cathedrals. We did a 2 1/2 day private tour and our guide was incredible. My mind was reeling with all the names, fact and history. So interesting to see it up close.

Feel in love with Helsinki and Copenhagen! Would definitely go back for an extended visit. Saw the original Little Mermaid statue and both cities had quaint with wonderful cobble stone roads and beautiful waterways. We liked Stockholm - especially the Ice Bar! - but the other cities overshadowed it!

Will try and keep up on the thread now that I am back. Looking forward to my first MouseAdventure with Stacie, Heather & Kandace! And meeting up with the Hunt committee that weekend to plan a wonderful Scavy hunt for you gals next year!

Missed you guys!
Sounds like your cruise was awesome !!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

There are three classes of people: those who see, those who see when they are shown, those who do not see. Leonardo da Vinci
Old 08-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #203
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Good Morning!
Old 08-23-2012, 11:50 AM   #204
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Kerri glad you and your sweetie had fun! It sounded like a great time! I SOOO want to go back at halloween but not sure when we will be able to.

This year we are going for Katy's birthday over New Year's so can't do two trips that close and I would LOVE to go next year but Katy has cheer at that time and they are REALLY strict about not missing any practices. So not sure if and when we will be able to and I SOOO want to go! The last time we went for halloween was in 09 and before it moved to DL. REALLY want to go back.

Hope everyone else is having a good day and hey it's almost the weekend.

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 08-23-2012, 12:33 PM   #205
cittycat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
Happy Hump Day ladies!! Micah and I had a great weekend, we just enjoyed ourselves and relaxed. It was great. Yesterday was crazy busy at work but today is back to normal. No plans after work, I will go home and make dinner and do some laundry, that will be fun.
I'm ready to go back to DL, I want to take the kids in October and do the Halloween party........trying to work that out!

I'm trying to go for Halloween as well! I picked the first weekend in October, but things keep popping up for my daughter & school hasn't even started yet... it's driving me crazy! I'm still trying though!

Then I see stuff for Christmas time & it makes me want to go then too! Plus the Diva's trip in February...that would mean I would be there every 2 months over the next 6 months...which would be AWESOME, but financially not the best move since we live in Seattle!!

None of my friends understand this dilema!
Old 08-23-2012, 01:35 PM   #206
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Kerri glad you and your sweetie had fun! It sounded like a great time! I SOOO want to go back at halloween but not sure when we will be able to.

This year we are going for Katy's birthday over New Year's so can't do two trips that close and I would LOVE to go next year but Katy has cheer at that time and they are REALLY strict about not missing any practices. So not sure if and when we will be able to and I SOOO want to go! The last time we went for halloween was in 09 and before it moved to DL. REALLY want to go back.

Hope everyone else is having a good day and hey it's almost the weekend.
That's how long ago we went too, I'm so jonesing for a Halloween trip! I could probably do a weekend deal just me and the girls, leave when they get out of school and come home Sunday. I might ask my BFF if she wants to go, girls weekend, that might be fun!! Split gas, split the hotel, ya, that might work......

Quote:
Originally Posted by cittycat View Post
I'm trying to go for Halloween as well! I picked the first weekend in October, but things keep popping up for my daughter & school hasn't even started yet... it's driving me crazy! I'm still trying though!

Then I see stuff for Christmas time & it makes me want to go then too! Plus the Diva's trip in February...that would mean I would be there every 2 months over the next 6 months...which would be AWESOME, but financially not the best move since we live in Seattle!!

None of my friends understand this dilema!
We went for Christmas last year so I can skip that for a couple more years, Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday though and I really wanna go! LOL I get your dilemma, and I sympathize. At least I can drive.......

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
Old 08-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #207
MyYearWithTheMouse
Disneyland In A Year!

Oh, I would love a cruise in the Baltic! I've only done part of that area by land when we lived briefly in Northern Germany. Copenhagen is awesome, but Denmark is absolutely the most expensive country I've ever visited. We drove and were crossing the country late at night and starving, so we pulled over to a Burger King (for the record, I don't normally make it a habit to eat American fast food in other countries, but it was one of the only places open), and a "value meal" was $15, just the burger, fries, and small soda. And that was 8 years ago.

Shelby, head My Year With The Mouseketeer
Old 08-23-2012, 02:20 PM   #208
cittycat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We went for Christmas last year so I can skip that for a couple more years, Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday though and I really wanna go! LOL I get your dilemma, and I sympathize. At least I can drive.......
Ok...so...uh...ya....we were there for Christmas last year too! It was actually more of a we HAD to type of trip...I'm pretty sure we slept through the first 3 days of the trip. My daughter & I just had WAY too much going on & needed to get away. It was nice though to relax, I think we were there a week.

I just have to remind myself there's always next year
Old 08-23-2012, 02:32 PM   #209
cittycat
Mouseketeer

I'm not sure if it's ok or not to post this link, but Kandace & I are attending the D23 Fanniversary in Seattle on 9/16 if anyone else would like to join us! Tickets went on sale to the general public today for $25.

The mouse meet is having a mini meet up before the event at Rock Bottom in Seattle. I know that it's 'full' right now, but you could probably get on the waiting list if you'd like to go to that as well!

http://d23.disney.go.com/events/2012...celebration-2/
Old 08-23-2012, 05:23 PM   #210
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
When does our fearless leader Beth get back? I miss her.

Good luck to all the runners over Labor Day. You guys rock!

I hope everyone is having a good week.
I think this is her third week so she should be back pretty soon.
I'm looking forward to the race again, from the sidelines of course cheering Sarah on. It's pretty cool seeing thousands upon thousands of runners lined up waiting to start, especially when it's 5:00 am and still dark out. Something magical about it.
It finally cooled down here. It's only 94 today

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: