Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2012, 01:26 PM   #211
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Anyone see any good Disney GC deals? I hope that their will be a few around Christmas time

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-AOA,BLT,WL (DS 1st MVMCP)
Wanna be Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:39 PM   #212
missx0xdelaney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiansmom View Post
Since I missed out on the Target deal I'm wondering if this will work... we just got married and had our registry at Target. They sent us a save 10% congrats coupon and it says I can save a additional 5% by using a Target card... do you think I can get Disney Cards using this coupon?
The registry coupons are only good on the remaining items on your registry. Unless you had registered for the Disney cards and they were unfulfilled, they would not be discounted. If you rang the registry items in a transaction with non-registry items, the discount would only come off the registry portion of the total. (Target employee here )

Also, in reference to the August first Target gift card changes, that only applies to Visa and American Express gift cards, meaning you can not use Target gift card to purchase a prepaid credit card. You can still use a Redcard or Pharmacy discount on entertainment cards (which are in the system as regular merchandise), but not on Target giftcards or prepaid credit cards (which has been the case since the 5% was introduced).

Hopefully that was clear! In any case I'm very excited about this thread - I've been looking for other ways to get discounted cards than my 10%.

Find me on Instagram and Twitter!: @missx0xdelaney
Countdown to Cupcakes! - An Independence Day Road Trip!
missx0xdelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2012, 04:43 PM   #213
auger
DIS Veteran

Posted this earlier outside of this thread:

Now, mind you, this won't fly for everyone, but it worked out great for me!

Target had a special deal in their ad for Dial soap (bodywash was also included). If you buy (3) advertised packages for $3.99 each, they give you a $5 Target Gift Card.
Well, this is the soap we use. I normally buy it at Sams in a 20-pack.
Target's price of 10 bars for $3.99, slightly beat the price I always pay at Sams, plus I saved the 5% from using my Target CC.
So I bought 24 packs of soap for cheaper than I normally pay at Sams, plus I received (8) $5 gift cards.
I then used the gift cards to buy (6) $50 Disney gift cards and, again, used my Target CC to pay and save another 5%.
I ended up paying $247 for $300 worth of gift cards!!!!

Like I said, it works for me because I got a product I always buy at a cheaper price than normal, plus got the extra savings in gift cards on top of that!
Thought about getting more, but I think it'll be quite some time before we can use up the 240 bars of soap I ended up with!! DD said I reminded her of a mild version of an extreme couponer!!!
auger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #214
TyTysMommy
Mouseketeer

I purchased some gift cards today at Kroger. They are offering 4x the points until some time in September. I forget the exact date.

You earn 20¢ off per gallon of gas for every $50 in gift cards.
I bought $500 worth (to pay on an upcoming trip) and received $2 off per gallon.
TyTysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:03 PM   #215
kltigger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTysMommy View Post
I purchased some gift cards today at Kroger. They are offering 4x the points until some time in September. I forget the exact date.

You earn 20¢ off per gallon of gas for every $50 in gift cards.
I bought $500 worth (to pay on an upcoming trip) and received $2 off per gallon.
This deal expires Spetember 8th. We're buying for our Christmas trip to pay for dining. Also, using the fuel points to put in our MH.

kltigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #216
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auger

Target had a special deal in their ad for Dial soap (bodywash was also included). If you buy (3) advertised packages for $3.99 each, they give you a $5 Target Gift Card.
thanks for the heads up on this! I cleaned my Target out of Dial gold!

(Exact trip dates a work-in-progress!)
dawnhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #217
rhiansmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by missx0xdelaney View Post
The registry coupons are only good on the remaining items on your registry. Unless you had registered for the Disney cards and they were unfulfilled, they would not be discounted. If you rang the registry items in a transaction with non-registry items, the discount would only come off the registry portion of the total. (Target employee here )
Just in case anyone else is trying to do this... the coupon and page that came with it instructs you to add stuff to your registry (wording is "You know, the stuff you didn't get, forgot to add or maybe didn't feel comfortable registering for. Add them now & they are all 10% off) before using the coupon. We did take advantage of it and it worked without issue!
Our Disney TripsAugust 2014 - Taking the friend back to POP, October 2012 - Checking out AoA - Can you believe it's been 2 years??, September 2010 - Disneyland, August 2010 - DD says lets do POP again.. this time can we bring a friend??, June 2010 - offsite and never again!, November 2009 - DD's 10th Birthday at POP, July 2009 - All Star Sports, October 2008 Disneyland - DLR, April 2008 -POP Again, September 2006 Girls Trip to POP!, October 2005 - POP, May 2005 - SOG, Feb 2004 - CR, July 2000 - Disneyland Paris
rhiansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:44 PM   #218
auger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnhaze View Post
thanks for the heads up on this! I cleaned my Target out of Dial gold!
You're welcome!! I'm glad someone was able to benefit from my post!!

I thought it was a great deal!
auger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:21 AM   #219
baseballmickey
DDC #644

Quote:
Originally Posted by auger View Post

Target's price of 10 bars for $3.99, slightly beat the price I always pay at Sams, plus I saved the 5% from using my Target CC.
So I bought 24 packs of soap for cheaper than I normally pay at Sams, plus I received (8) $5 gift cards.
I then used the gift cards to buy (6) $50 Disney gift cards and, again, used my Target CC to pay and save another 5%.

Like I said, it works for me because I got a product I always buy at a cheaper price than normal, plus got the extra savings in gift cards on top of that!
Thought about getting more, but I think it'll be quite some time before we can use up the 240 bars of soap I ended up with!! DD said I reminded her of a mild version of an extreme couponer!!!
very nice deal for you!!

Numerous Trips as a kid from 1974-1993. WDWCP MK Custodial Spring '94. Off Property, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001. Land/Sea @ ASMR/Wonder 2002. CBR 2003. POR 2006. Off Property 2007. DVC @ SSR since 2007.. SSR 2008, 2009.. BWV March 2010. SSR December 2010.
BLT/DCL Dream/BCV July/August 2012. AKL/Vero July 2013. runDisney OKW Jan 2014. SSR/Vero/Pop July 2014. runDisney AoA Nov 2014.
DISDad #644
I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich? A TR Interrupted
My First Trip Report - Escape from New York, Dec 26, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011 - COMPLETED!
Our Disney Blog: "Home is Where the Mouse is"

Treguna Mekoides and Trecorum Satis Dee
baseballmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:33 AM   #220
baseballmickey
DDC #644

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiansmom View Post
Since I missed out on the Target deal I'm wondering if this will work... we just got married and had our registry at Target. They sent us a save 10% congrats coupon and it says I can save a additional 5% by using a Target card... do you think I can get Disney Cards using this coupon?
I just looked and you can add Disney gift cards to a registry. I'm already married and most likely done having children (i think)... so no registries for me anymore.

Can't they have birthday registries???

Numerous Trips as a kid from 1974-1993. WDWCP MK Custodial Spring '94. Off Property, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001. Land/Sea @ ASMR/Wonder 2002. CBR 2003. POR 2006. Off Property 2007. DVC @ SSR since 2007.. SSR 2008, 2009.. BWV March 2010. SSR December 2010.
BLT/DCL Dream/BCV July/August 2012. AKL/Vero July 2013. runDisney OKW Jan 2014. SSR/Vero/Pop July 2014. runDisney AoA Nov 2014.
DISDad #644
I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich? A TR Interrupted
My First Trip Report - Escape from New York, Dec 26, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011 - COMPLETED!
Our Disney Blog: "Home is Where the Mouse is"

Treguna Mekoides and Trecorum Satis Dee
baseballmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:45 AM   #221
CherylA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmickey View Post
I just looked and you can add Disney gift cards to a registry. I'm already married and most likely done having children (i think)... so no registries for me anymore.

I just set up a baby registery and put the gift cards and the stuf that my kids have started asking for for Christmas on it. It will serve a multitude of purposes. It will #1 of course get me a discount on the gift cards. #2 be a running list of what my kids are asking for for Christmas #3 be a list I can direct friends and family to if they ask what the kids want for Christmas. #4 I can buy the stuff my kids want for a discount! This is win win!

Last edited by CherylA; 08-24-2012 at 10:27 AM.
CherylA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #222
CherylA
DIS Veteran

Okay so I made my Target registery and set an event date (supposed baby due date) of Sept 22. So when will I be given the opportunity to buy my items at a discount?
Old 08-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #223
missx0xdelaney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmickey

They do have wish list registries. I believe you have to set them up online, I don't remember seeing the option on the kiosks but you can look them up there and bring the printout to guest services for the scanner. I don't believe you get the coupon for these unless things have recently changed. I made one and never received a coupon.

Old 08-25-2012, 11:07 PM   #224
moobar25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thruthelookinglass19 View Post
Yay! I hope this is true. . . there seems to be some good deals coming up with the Sunday's sales ad!
I just used a Target GC (which I got for buying Dial soap) to purchase iTunes GC. I had no problems with that. Plus I signed up for the Red Card and got 5% off the iTunes - which is on top of the 10% off they were having. Saved 14.5% total.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auger View Post

Thanks for the tip!

As a side note on the Red Card 5% discount:
Check your receipts before leaving the store to make sure you got the full 5% off. I just spent 20 minutes with the manager teaching her math. The register only took off 2.9% for some reason. So I had to show them that they owe me the remaining 2.1% savings. Don't know if I am the only one that this has happened to. It all worked out in the end. I'm just glad I checked the math with my phone calculator before going home.
BLT 1/15, BCV/BLT 9/14, BC 8/14 Villains, AKV-CL/BCV 5/14, BWV/OKW 3/14 Anniversary, BC-CL/BLT/BWV 11/13 Wine & Dine Marathon, BLT/BCV 9/13 Family Reunion, YC-CL 6/13 Star Wars, BCV/BLT 1/13 Birthday Surprise, BLT/BCV 10/12 DH Birthday, BCV 5/12 Baby's 1st trip, AKV 5/11, BWV 5/10, SSR 9/08, BCV 5/08, BCV 5/07, VWL 5/05 Honeymoon

moobar25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:26 AM   #225
missx0xdelaney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moobar25

I just used a Target GC (which I got for buying Dial soap) to purchase iTunes GC. I had no problems with that. Plus I signed up for the Red Card and got 5% off the iTunes - which is on top of the 10% off they were having. Saved 14.5% total.

Thanks for the tip!

As a side note on the Red Card 5% discount:
Check your receipts before leaving the store to make sure you got the full 5% off. I just spent 20 minutes with the manager teaching her math. The register only took off 2.9% for some reason. So I had to show them that they owe me the remaining 2.1% savings. Don't know if I am the only one that this has happened to. It all worked out in the end. I'm just glad I checked the math with my phone calculator before going home.
If you used a giftcard to pay for the iTunes card, you did not get 5% off that portion of your transaction. The 5% only comes off the amount that is CHARGED to the Redcard. Likewise, if your discount isn't a full 5% I'd be willing to guess you might not have charged the whole total (Could be wrong but I've never heard of this ever happening in the 2 years the discount has been active).

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: