Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2012, 03:47 PM   #16
geffric
DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell him it's like a hobby!
I found myself checking for new posting while I am at work, at home, doing homework
I have LOTS of really nice Disney loving friends

Glad you are excited! It will be a great trip!

But not for me..I am jumping ship and signing on a different western on the wonder..

Have a great trip

geffric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:00 AM   #17
onescrappymom
Earning My Ears

Hooray for more girls on this sailing! Ours will be 9 and 2 and this trip is a super secret surprise

After the initial shock of the itinerary change sank in, I couldn't be more excited! It really works out much better with a toddler...no excursions to try to juggle, no Mexican taxi rides to get to the beach, one more day at sea AND we get to go to WDW!

Is anyone interested in starting a FB group or FE? I am happy to get the FB group up and running and we would love to participate in FE if anyone is inclined to organize.

Jen
onescrappymom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #18
princessmommyx3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescrappymom View Post
Hooray for more girls on this sailing! Ours will be 9 and 2 and this trip is a super secret surprise

After the initial shock of the itinerary change sank in, I couldn't be more excited! It really works out much better with a toddler...no excursions to try to juggle, no Mexican taxi rides to get to the beach, one more day at sea AND we get to go to WDW!

Is anyone interested in starting a FB group or FE? I am happy to get the FB group up and running and we would love to participate in FE if anyone is inclined to organize.

Jen
I agree about this one being better for a toddler - I had just thought of that as well. I had been pondering for weeks about how to try to do everything we wanted to do at ports without having to put our 3 year old in a taxi in mexico! We have decided to try & do a western caribbean itinerary in a few years when it would be easier with the kids.

However, with this itinerary I am more concerned about the weather. Before, we we going so far south that cold temps wouldn't have been an issue, but from everything I have read online, CC is pretty much hit or miss in January. It could be warm & sunny (but water is almost always chilly) or it could be cold & windy, and many times the boat can't even dock due to high seas. But, many people have also said that the captain tries his hardest to put us there on the best day weather-wise, even if it means changing the days/ports around. Let's hope for the best!

Regrettably I cannot commit to participating in a FE. I stay super busy and try not to add anything else to my plate unless absolutely necessary in order to keep my sanity!
princessmommyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #19
MedicGoofy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmommyx3 View Post
I agree about this one being better for a toddler - I had just thought of that as well. I had been pondering for weeks about how to try to do everything we wanted to do at ports without having to put our 3 year old in a taxi in mexico! We have decided to try & do a western caribbean itinerary in a few years when it would be easier with the kids.

However, with this itinerary I am more concerned about the weather. Before, we we going so far south that cold temps wouldn't have been an issue, but from everything I have read online, CC is pretty much hit or miss in January. It could be warm & sunny (but water is almost always chilly) or it could be cold & windy, and many times the boat can't even dock due to high seas. But, many people have also said that the captain tries his hardest to put us there on the best day weather-wise, even if it means changing the days/ports around. Let's hope for the best!

Regrettably I cannot commit to participating in a FE. I stay super busy and try not to add anything else to my plate unless absolutely necessary in order to keep my sanity!
I have the same concerns that you do about weather in January. However, they have been predicting another warmer than usual winter again (well, up where I live), which should tranlate into a warmer south. Which Im hoping happens!! At least while we are there anyway

I would love to have a facebook page up and running. If you happen to do that, throw the link on here so we can all join. Would be nice to see who we are getting to know

I would be game for the FE. I bought one for the other cruise and would be a waste if I didn't get to put it to use....although I know I have a cruise coming up in the future

Jenn
Old 08-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #20
onescrappymom
Earning My Ears

Facebook Group

Here's the link to our Facebook Group...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/457786507586394/

It's a "closed" group so just ask to join. This is a surprise trip for our kids...my relatives don't even know because they can't keep a secret! And, I would prefer not to advertise to the world when we'll be away for a week.

Come on over and introduce yourself! Hopefully we'll get more people to join our meet once the booking window opens next week.

Jen
onescrappymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #21
DisneyDreamer36
Earning My Ears

I hope to book this cruise tomorrow (9/5). I am hoping the prices haven't went up. I was just about to book a couple of weeks ago when it disappeared from Expedia and all the other sites. I have always wanted to take my girls on a Disney Cruise and now that it boards from Galveston, I can. (My back up plan will be a 4 night Disney cruise if the price on this one has went up to much.)
DisneyDreamer36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:55 AM   #22
kkliesing
Earning My Ears

We are in. Just booked yesterday - we live about 40 minutes from Galveston, so it was an easy decision for us - no expensive flights to book. Its just two of us, but we are interested in participating in the FE.
kkliesing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:48 PM   #23
Mickeys#1Fan4ever
Mouseketeer

Counting down the days!!

My husband and I will be going on this cruise...just the 2 of us. We just moved to The Woodlands at the beginning of the summer so it will be a really close commute for us! It's going to be a birthday/anniversary celebration. Our children(2 boys) are in college so we are gonna kick up our heels!

Going to check out the FB page.
Mickeys#1Fan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #24
Lankysmom
Earning My Ears

We are booked! We changed our November plans from a 3 day cruise out of Port Canaveral and a week of Disney World to this Galveston Cruise due to remodeling our house. I'm hoping the weather cooperates but I'm excited for the new itinerary. We are traveling with ds - 11 and dd - 7.
Lankysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #25
DisneyDreamer36
Earning My Ears

I just put the deposit down. Super excited. Now for planning and creating some of these awesome door magnets and fish extender things I have seen on this site.
Disney Magic Winter 2013
DisneyDreamer36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #26
OKraysLoveDisney
Mouseketeer

Hubby, our adult son and myself just booked this cruise today. We are in cabin 8600. I am surprised there are not many who have posted to this message board. Maybe we will be sailing on a ship with lots of empty cabins? More time with Mickey, Minnie and the Gang for us!

OKraysLoveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:07 AM   #27
Sparrow78
Mouseketeer

We're in! Just booked and can't be more excited. Glad I had plenty of airmiles because flights from Canada were crazy!

Hubby, our 4 yr old girl and myself can't wait!

So excited for the day at WDW also!

Sailing on the Magic again! Nov 29, 2015!

------
8 night Magic Cruise - Jan 18, 2013

Paradise Pier Hotel May 20-26, 2012
WDW August 7-14 2010
2nd DL trip! May 18-25, 2004
1st DL visit... 1 day rushed trip May 2001
Sparrow78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #28
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

Did y'all see the kids sail free release for Galveston sailings today??? It's looking like this cruise will be what Santa brings my 15 & 16 yro sons! They both prefer the Magic to the Dream so they'll be super-excited!

**edit**
Just requested to join the FB group. Y'all will have to forgive me. I'm as anti-FB as they come. I only have a profile there now to access the homeschool group we are part of. I'm clueless as to how to "work" FB. Anywhoo, I'm Kelly S. if that helps whoever does the approvals. Thanks!
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland, 9/14 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/14 DCL Wonder DD, 10/14 DCL Wonder DD

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
9/15 DCL Dream w/friends
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:12 PM   #29
Our 2 Princesses
DIS Veteran

Hello! May we join you? We just switched our June WDW/Dream plans to this cruise. We are super excited to be on the Magic for 8 nights! We've only done Wonder cruises in the past. My husband and 2 teen daughters will be with me. So which WDW park(s) will everyone be visiting when we stop in Port Canaveral? I think we are going to start in MK and end in Epcot. Can't wait to hear about everyone's plans...
6/04 POR 2/11 Wonder
6/05 Wonder 4/12 Offsite
Our 2 Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #30
Sparrow78
Mouseketeer

We want to attempt 3 parks.... Last time we were there we didn't get to Hollywood Studios. We THINK we'll start at AK and then Hollywood then MK. Tough we aren't real planners so we will play by ear. We do know MK would be best with a 4yo!

Sailing on the Magic again! Nov 29, 2015!

------
8 night Magic Cruise - Jan 18, 2013

Paradise Pier Hotel May 20-26, 2012
WDW August 7-14 2010
2nd DL trip! May 18-25, 2004
1st DL visit... 1 day rushed trip May 2001
Sparrow78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: