Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Can you join us on 8/24 in NYC for this meet?
I'll be there with bells on! 4 25.00%
Maybe... 12 75.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2012, 02:37 PM   #196
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Belle View Post
Thanks for being flexible; I'm really excited to see everyone!
You're welcome I'm excited, too! Can't wait to meet everyone!
Old 08-22-2012, 06:43 PM   #197
wdwscout

DIS Veteran

Yay!! We're coming to the party!!
We didn't know until this week that both our work schedules became flexible enough to make it to this event on time!

Thanks so much for squeezing us in after the deadline.
Can't wait to see/meet everyone.

wdwscout is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2012, 06:47 PM   #198
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwscout View Post
Yay!! We're coming to the party!!
We didn't know until this week that both our work schedules became flexible enough to make it to this event on time!

Thanks so much for squeezing us in after the deadline.
Can't wait to see/meet everyone.
You're welcome! Looking forward to meeting you
Old 08-22-2012, 07:40 PM   #199
Ginamarie
DIS Veteran

Glad to see we have such a nice big group now!

Please do not forget, I'm still taking donations for our raffle. We have some great baskets/items so far!
1980, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1997, 2003 (Ft Wilderness); Honeymoon 2002 (POFQ/Disney Magic), Sept 2003 (Disneyland!), Nov 2004 (CBR/Disney Magic), Dec. 2004 (Poly/CS), Aug 2005 (Disneyland), Oct/Nov 2005 (Pop), Olivia's 1st trip Dec 2006 (POFQ); Mom and Baby Trip, Oct 2007 (Pop); Pop/Disney Magic WB PC 5-10-08; Sal's First Trip Apr/May 2009 (POFQ); Big Family Trip Jan 2010 (POFQ); WL/Disney Magic EB TA Repo-4-10-10; Wine and Dine Half Marathon Oct 2010 (POR); Disney Wonder Alaska 6-21-11;Baby Owen's First Trip Aug 2011 (Ft Wilderness/BCV); ASSP May 2012; POFQ/YC Free Dining for our 10th Anniversary Sept 2012; Sisters Weekend Feb. 2013; Family Trip- Kidani Village/Freedom of the Seas Aug 2013; Surprised the kids- Pop Century July 2014; Disney Magic WB TA, Sept 2014 Coming soon: DSis's Disney Wedding Sept 2015- Old Key West

Ginamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:49 AM   #200
CherylA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginamarie View Post
Glad to see we have such a nice big group now!

Please do not forget, I'm still taking donations for our raffle. We have some great baskets/items so far!
I can do a small Starbucks basket type item, is that okay or would that be overkill on the coffee items?
Old 08-23-2012, 09:05 AM   #201
Ginamarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylA

I can do a small Starbucks basket type item, is that okay or would that be overkill on the coffee items?
I think that's fine- im sure we will have more than one coffee lover at the event! Let me know and I will add your basket to the list,
1980, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1997, 2003 (Ft Wilderness); Honeymoon 2002 (POFQ/Disney Magic), Sept 2003 (Disneyland!), Nov 2004 (CBR/Disney Magic), Dec. 2004 (Poly/CS), Aug 2005 (Disneyland), Oct/Nov 2005 (Pop), Olivia's 1st trip Dec 2006 (POFQ); Mom and Baby Trip, Oct 2007 (Pop); Pop/Disney Magic WB PC 5-10-08; Sal's First Trip Apr/May 2009 (POFQ); Big Family Trip Jan 2010 (POFQ); WL/Disney Magic EB TA Repo-4-10-10; Wine and Dine Half Marathon Oct 2010 (POR); Disney Wonder Alaska 6-21-11;Baby Owen's First Trip Aug 2011 (Ft Wilderness/BCV); ASSP May 2012; POFQ/YC Free Dining for our 10th Anniversary Sept 2012; Sisters Weekend Feb. 2013; Family Trip- Kidani Village/Freedom of the Seas Aug 2013; Surprised the kids- Pop Century July 2014; Disney Magic WB TA, Sept 2014 Coming soon: DSis's Disney Wedding Sept 2015- Old Key West

Old 08-23-2012, 09:19 AM   #202
CherylA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginamarie View Post
I think that's fine- im sure we will have more than one coffee lover at the event! Let me know and I will add your basket to the list,
Okay, I'll bring the starbucks theme prize. See you tomorrow night!
Old 08-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #203
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylA View Post
Okay, I'll bring the starbucks theme prize. See you tomorrow night!
That's great -- especially since I'm putting a gift card in my coffee basket, and wasn't sure whether to get Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks. This makes my decision for me
Old 08-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #204
Wimpy
Mouseketeer

More coffee is always good, even more when both Starbucks and Dunkin' have k-cups.

Last day of work for the week. Have at have one or two more items to get for the basket and have to make the fudge. Tomorrow at this time, we'll be on the train and just about to NYC. Can't wait to meet y'all.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

==========================================

"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne
Wimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #205
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimpy View Post
More coffee is always good, even more when both Starbucks and Dunkin' have k-cups.

Last day of work for the week. Have at have one or two more items to get for the basket and have to make the fudge. Tomorrow at this time, we'll be on the train and just about to NYC. Can't wait to meet y'all.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Today is my Friday, too I have things to do before the meet, so I figured I'd just take the day off tomorrow so I can sleep in and not be rushing around like crazy after work.

Looks like we have more than 35 people coming! Really looking forward to meeting everyone!
Old 08-23-2012, 10:54 AM   #206
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Just want to give everyone some information directly from us, in case you hear something different.

John and I will be at the meet tomorrow night, but Pete will not. If we need to pay for his place, we certainly will take care of that.

With the uncertainty of Tropical Storm / Hurricane Isaac, we have decided to not go on the cruise.

As we all live in the Orlando area and have family, friends, pets and homes there, we feel that is where we should be if and when this hits.

We are looking forward to meeting everyone and having a great time.

See y'all tomorrow night.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #207
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
Just want to give everyone some information directly from us, in case you hear something different.

John and I will be at the meet tomorrow night, but Pete will not. If we need to pay for his place, we certainly will take care of that.

With the uncertainty of Tropical Storm / Hurricane Isaac, we have decided to not go on the cruise.

As we all live in the Orlando area and have family, friends, pets and homes there, we feel that is where we should be if and when this hits.

I am sure everyone understands... glad you guys can stick around through the meet. I hope the storm misses the Orlando area.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at POR!

roomthreeseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:58 AM   #208
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the update. Don't worry about paying for Pete - I will let the restaurant know about the adjusted headcount. Should not be a problem.

That's a shame about the cruise, but I would do the same thing, if I were in your position. Hopefully the storm will weaken and drift out to sea without any damage.

Very glad you guys are still coming! Truly looking forward to meeting you!
Old 08-23-2012, 01:30 PM   #209
Ginamarie
DIS Veteran

Raffles- updated

shesapirate- coffee basket

wimpy- chocolate and fudge basket

ginamarie- ELF Cosmetics basket

mjacklyn- Alice in Wonderland large snowglobe
first 6 issues of WDWNT: The Magazine

Dgthree- handmade jewelry

Roomthreeseventeen-Zabar’s themed basket

DisUnplugged Team- Surprise Dis Unplugged basket

NE Dis Meet Planning Committee- 2 tickets to Cirque La Nouba

CherylA- Starbucks basket

Thank you everyone for your donations!

Kevin- Thanks for the update. I'm glad you and John will still be able to attend the meet!

Old 08-23-2012, 03:05 PM   #210
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone,

Just a couple of reminders about tomorrow night:

1. The event starts at 8:00 PM. The private banquet room is on the second floor, and there is an elevator if anyone needs it. On the proposal from the restaurant, our event is called "NYC Dis Unplugged Meet", so if you're not sure where to go, I'm sure you can ask the host/hostess. The address is 254 West 47th Street (between Broadway and 8th Ave).

2. Remember, the price is $40 per person, and we will be paying cash (I wouldn't dream of asking the restaurant to split the bill over 30-something credit cards). Included in that $40 is the full buffet dinner, soft drinks, coffee, tea, tax, and gratuity. There is a $1.34 surplus from the actual cost, which will go to Give Kids the World. If you choose to order cappuccino or a bottle of wine or anything outside of what's mentioned above, you will be given a separate bill for those items, and you can pay that bill with a credit card or cash.

3. Speaking of Give Kids the World, we will be selling raffle tickets for the prizes Ginamarie listed above. They will cost $5 each, or 3 for $10. ALL raffle money will go to Give Kids the World. If you have something to add to the raffle, feel free to bring it along!

4. If anyone has ANY questions at all, or needs to reach me before the meet tomorrow, please email me at gigijunk27@gmail.com.

Everyone travel safely! See you all tomorrow night at 8. And if you're late? No fruit cup!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: