Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2012, 07:45 AM   #151
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmary View Post
I'm in South Africa and we are also not considered international. How that is possible I have no idea! Waiting for free dining for January. Here's hoping.
As I mentioned, this isn't an international offer, it is just for UK citizens. Everyone else needs to use the regular free dining offers that I'm going crazy of waiting!

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013
My ongoing TR for our Jan-Feb 2013 trip
January/February 2013 - Pop CenturyDecember 2007 - All Star Sports October 2000 - All Star Movies
October 1998 - Off-site December 1994 - Off-site December 1989 - Off-site

WDW Commando Member #215
redoschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:28 AM   #152
Muddypaws
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redoschi View Post
As I mentioned, this isn't an international offer, it is just for UK citizens. Everyone else needs to use the regular free dining offers that I'm going crazy of waiting!
The UK offer is under this Disney web site...
http://wdtc.disneyinternational.com/Special-Offers.asp
which is leading to the discussion about why Disney only considers the UK as an international destination. No one is confused about who the offer is for.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #153
ctl
Mouseketeer

UK numbers were down

I had read somewhere recently that UK visitor numbers were down for last year, so that's probably why the push with FD. Also, the FD seems to be limited to mods and deluxe, with mods getting QS only. If you look at how much UK citizens have to pay (with the exchange rate) and the flight, it's a good deal for them, but not if you live in the US. I actually had to calculate the prices (my sister lives in UK) and still worked out too expensive for her and her kids.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:35 PM   #154
Hordes
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws View Post
I was just taking a look at your offer on the international site. That is a great deal. If I could, I would snap it up in a minute. Unfortunately, though, Disney doesnt consider Canada to be international. I think it is time that someone gives them a lesson on geography.
fellow Reginan here, tend to agree, give us the offer!
Hordes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #155
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws View Post
The UK offer is under this Disney web site...
http://wdtc.disneyinternational.com/Special-Offers.asp
which is leading to the discussion about why Disney only considers the UK as an international destination. No one is confused about who the offer is for.
Lots of guests visit from the UK.

When the UK guests come, they generally stay 2 to 3 weeks. Disney wants them staying at Disney and eating at Disney for the entire time they're in Orlando. No sense having them run off to Universal or Sea World for longer than a day here and there.

So they get deals on room/dining packages and on park tickets that other countries don't get.

Disney may also be bringing out various offers to other countries whose guests are a sought-after demographic (like Brazil). Disney certainly knows where its guests are most likely to come from, how much they are likely to spend and how long they would be likely to stay, and what to offer them to get them to maximize their time at WDW.

The usual UK free dining offer is quick service at moderates, regular dining at deluxes, no free dining at values.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #156
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Disney may also be bringing out various offers to other countries whose guests are a sought-after demographic (like Brazil). Disney certainly knows where its guests are most likely to come from, how much they are likely to spend and how long they would be likely to stay, and what to offer them to get them to maximize their time at WDW.
I wish they really post the offer for the rest of us as it will determine the length of our stay onsite. We'll be in orlando for 16 nights (the first being sleep only as we arrive in the evening) and we're planning on staying the first 2 nights off-site and then transfer for 14 nights (max single package) at Pop Century if there is Free Dining.

If there is no free dining offer to value resorts, due to our budget, we'll stay offsite for 7-8 nights and at Pop for 8-9 nights. We're already spending a lot on plane tickets and park tickets so its best to reduce a bit of hotel costs (the split stay) or food costs (free dining).

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013
January/February 2013 - Pop CenturyDecember 2007 - All Star Sports October 2000 - All Star Movies

WDW Commando Member #215
Old 08-23-2012, 07:22 PM   #157
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

There are large numbers of australians that fly 14 + hours to get to the east coast then wait afew hours in layover and then fly 5+ hours lax to mco. Most of my friends spend on average 2 weeks at wdw as a ~24 hour transit time is a big ask to get from australia to wdw and back again. We see some disney advertising here but no deals or special offers. We tend to stay onsite and most of us use the dining plan regardless of whether it is free or not... I would love to see some deals for aussie and nz customers but i doubt they consider us a valid market...

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #158
missmary
Mouseketeer

It's the same with us in Africa. If we get on that 15 hour flight to the US, I promise you we are staying at LEAST 14 days. It makes no sense why only Europeans are treated to the specials on the international site. I know for a fact that flights from Africa to the US cost more than flights from Europe to the US. It is a heck of an investment for us to come to Florida. It would be nice if Disney could offer all their international guests similar deals.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #159
Seahunt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
We've decided to postpone our Feb. trip till late Sept. Hoping FD continues to be a done deal for that time of year!
DISers on the Codes and Rates board are reporting that a Free Dining Bounceback offer started appearing in the resort rooms last Thursday - the dates available are August 18 to September 28, 2013.

Notice that the BB dates are usually different from the GP dates however. Last year the FD BB dates were 8/17-9/27/12 but the GP FD offer was 8/25-9/29/12, so it looks like the BB people get an earlier start. Need to keep that in mind when booking ahead and then hoping for FD
Seahunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #160
Saskiwi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
There are large numbers of australians that fly 14 + hours to get to the east coast then wait afew hours in layover and then fly 5+ hours lax to mco. Most of my friends spend on average 2 weeks at wdw as a ~24 hour transit time is a big ask to get from australia to wdw and back again. We see some disney advertising here but no deals or special offers. We tend to stay onsite and most of us use the dining plan regardless of whether it is free or not... I would love to see some deals for aussie and nz customers but i doubt they consider us a valid market...
It's crazy -coming from NZ/Aust we can't buy a ticket to go to WDW for as long as we would like (14 days) - yet we can get a 14 day pass to DL, which is so much smaller??!!- makes no sense!
It's a 20,000 mile round trip and we will have to make do with a 10 day pass - (upgrading to an AP also makes no sense!)
Oh well, Disney's loss is Universal's gain...we will be spending our exta Florida days there instead...
And don't even get me started on the UK-only packages....
Old 08-25-2012, 05:59 PM   #161
BuzzNwoodY0824
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahunt

DISers on the Codes and Rates board are reporting that a Free Dining Bounceback offer started appearing in the resort rooms last Thursday - the dates available are August 18 to September 28, 2013.

Notice that the BB dates are usually different from the GP dates however. Last year the FD BB dates were 8/17-9/27/12 but the GP FD offer was 8/25-9/29/12, so it looks like the BB people get an earlier start. Need to keep that in mind when booking ahead and then hoping for FD
Ok for the new dis board people like me... What is a bounce back and GP and that?
BuzzNwoodY0824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:55 PM   #162
usd2bmd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzNwoodY0824

Ok for the new dis board people like me... What is a bounce back and GP and that?
BB is bounce back (an offer that is available to book while you are currently at WDW for the same time next year. GP is (I believe) general public.
June 2002 - Off-site June 2005 - All-Star Movies Resort** August 2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort**September 2007 - Caribbean Beach Resort**August 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside**August 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
February 2010 - Caribbean Cruise/Carnival Liberty**August 2011 - Caribbean Cruise Carnival Liberty**August 2013 - Eastern Caribbean Cruise Carnival Dream

usd2bmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:15 PM   #163
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Does anyone has an idea on when usually Disney posts new discounts? For example, do they usually post them in beginning of the week, mid-week or late-week? Usually in the morning, noon, evening or at midnight when the date is changing!

I'm dying here waiting for FD!

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013

WDW Commando Member #215
Old 08-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #164
randy2005
Mouseketeer

I'm patiently waiting. Have AoA Little Mermaid room booked for August 24th, 2013-September 1st and would love free dining.
Would also love to stay in a suite but to much money
randy2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #165
BuzzandWoodyMom
You've Got a Friend in Me :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy2005 View Post
I'm patiently waiting. Have AoA Little Mermaid room booked for August 24th, 2013-September 1st and would love free dining.
Would also love to stay in a suite but to much money
The August/September free dining dates aren't usually released until the end of March, first of April. I would bet that the AOA Little Mermaid rooms will be blacked out for free dining, at least for the first couple of years. There are only one small section of standard rooms at AoA and so far, they are, literally, selling out with almost no discounts.
BuzzandWoodyMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: