Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2012, 01:09 AM   #1
capecodprincess
There must be more than this provincial life!

Help! Who pays for therapy?

Kay, long story short, I've always loved the dis boards (just had to change user names a little bit ago due to a bad break up). So I've always known how addicting the boards are. Well I got an iPhone and quickly became addicted to that. Until one fateful day when I realized... There's an app for that. Yes, the dis has an app. Soon following came my yearning to learn how to listen to a podcast. I am hooked!!! Dh has threatened to hide my iPhone at bedtime but I've assured him it will only lead to withdrawals and then a relapse... So now I lay here in bed at 1am reading the dis, refusing to clean my bedroom without a new podcast to listen to because well who doesn't clean their bedrooms while listening to them?

me, 24- 5 trips (06-off property, 08-POFQ, 09-CSR, 10-FW, 10-POP)
dh, 26- 0 trips
capecodprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:50 AM   #2
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Since your admit your addiction, you should plan on joining the rest of us DIS-nuts at the NE DIS meet on September 14-16th.

Its a relatively inexpensive form of therapy.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:16 AM   #3
TSWJan78
DIS Veteran

DISboards Approved Advertiser

I agree with Jeff. Come and Join us!! Not only will you get to meet others Disney & DIS fans who won't think your crazy but he will realize your not as crazy as he thinks. (your imaginary friends that live in your phone do exist )

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 08-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #4
capecodprincess

I really wish that I could go. I've been looking at my work schedule to see if I could squeeze out for a few days.... The problem is I manage the front desk at a busy hotel on the cape and I don't get weekends off until after Columbus day. But if you guys would ever want to have a N.E. dis meet that involved the cape, let me know because I'd love to help out. Until then dh will have to keep thinking that I secretly work for the secret service, sending iPhone messages until 2 or 3 in the morning hahaha

dh, 26- 0 trips
Old 08-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #5
Ginamarie
DIS Veteran

You're talking to the wrong crowd here. We all have this problem. I listen to the podcast in the car, cleaning the house, etc.

I suppose we have to act as therapists for each other- there's no $$ for therapists after Disney takes it all!
1980, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1997, 2003 (Ft Wilderness); Honeymoon 2002 (POFQ/Disney Magic), Sept 2003 (Disneyland!), Nov 2004 (CBR/Disney Magic), Dec. 2004 (Poly/CS), Aug 2005 (Disneyland), Oct/Nov 2005 (Pop), Olivia's 1st trip Dec 2006 (POFQ); Mom and Baby Trip, Oct 2007 (Pop); Pop/Disney Magic WB PC 5-10-08; Sal's First Trip Apr/May 2009 (POFQ); Big Family Trip Jan 2010 (POFQ); WL/Disney Magic EB TA Repo-4-10-10; Wine and Dine Half Marathon Oct 2010 (POR); Disney Wonder Alaska 6-21-11;Baby Owen's First Trip Aug 2011 (Ft Wilderness/BCV); ASSP May 2012; POFQ/YC Free Dining for our 10th Anniversary Sept 2012; Sisters Weekend Feb. 2013; Family Trip- Kidani Village/Freedom of the Seas Aug 2013; Surprised the kids- Pop Century July 2014; Disney Magic WB TA, Sept 2014 Coming soon: DSis's Disney Wedding Sept 2015- Old Key West

Ginamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:52 PM   #6
YoYoAurora

Pity my DH! It's a long list
And now back to my usual ignore all schedule
I want a hippopotamus for Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodprincess View Post
Kay, long story short, I've always loved the dis boards (just had to change user names a little bit ago due to a bad break up). So I've always known how addicting the boards are. Well I got an iPhone and quickly became addicted to that. Until one fateful day when I realized... There's an app for that. Yes, the dis has an app. Soon following came my yearning to learn how to listen to a podcast. I am hooked!!! Dh has threatened to hide my iPhone at bedtime but I've assured him it will only lead to withdrawals and then a relapse... So now I lay here in bed at 1am reading the dis, refusing to clean my bedroom without a new podcast to listen to because well who doesn't clean their bedrooms while listening to them?
I don't want therapy for my DIS addiction, unless it's more DIS'ing!

Welcome, fellow DIS addict. You're in great company!
Old 08-21-2012, 11:48 PM   #7
capecodprincess

Haha it's all soo true! My staff all teases me that dis is my drug of choice. So self medicating for me means blasting Disney music and reading the dis haha!

dh, 26- 0 trips
Old 08-22-2012, 08:59 AM   #8
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

The DIS app is so well done.

I might wind up at the Big E for the DIS meet up...who knows.

Fried butter anyone?
Old 08-22-2012, 10:26 AM   #9
Stinkerbe11
DIS Veteran

I seriously do feel like it's an addiction sometimes. My DH accuses me of being obsessed with the DIS (he doesn't know the half of it) So I find myself hiding my computer screen from him or shutting the iPad off when I hear him coming into the room Oh well, at least I admit to having a problem and that's a start right?

Wonder Mexican Riviera(2011), Magic Eastern(2012), Wonder Pacific Coast(2014), Wonder Alaska(2014), Wonder Vancouver Repo(2014)
Stinkerbe11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:43 PM   #10
capecodprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkerbe11
I seriously do feel like it's an addiction sometimes. My DH accuses me of being obsessed with the DIS (he doesn't know the half of it) So I find myself hiding my computer screen from him or shutting the iPad off when I hear him coming into the room Oh well, at least I admit to having a problem and that's a start right?
Haha sounds just like me!!! Because I go on a lot while he is sleeping, I'd I hear him get restless I slip my phone under my pillow until the snoring restarts. I feel like I'm having a terribly naughty affair... With the dis hahaha

dh, 26- 0 trips

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: