DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #1
Tricia's mom
DIS Veteran

ANOTHER RCI trade into DVC ???

Looking to travel Easter week 2013 ( we have gone easter week for years) This time I thought I actually might use TS.
We have RCI WEEKS ( 17 weeks a year)

I am only looking for a studio at Min. My big problem is the Easter week thing ( DH is a teacher)

SoOOO what are my chances ?? Please don't

I guess its worth a try please again NO

What should be my strategy ?
I must book my airfare next week... So I AM GOING ...

Thanks
1974 Red Roof Inn ( too Many others to mention) 1992 Hawaiian Village inn 1994 All star sports 1996 ASMU 1998 CBR 2003 Celebration Hotel 2005 Rosen Plaza 2007 Plaza hotel 2008 POFQ 2009 PORS 2010 PoP 2010 WL 2011 PoP 2012 PORS & Dream 2012 Royal Pacific...2013 AKL
Tricia's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:24 PM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia's mom View Post
Looking to travel Easter week 2013 ( we have gone easter week for years) This time I thought I actually might use TS.

I am only looking for a studio at Min. My big problem is the Easter week thing ( DH is a teacher)

Thanks
All you can do is check the site and see if anything is available. And find out the trading power of your timeshare.

With 17 weeks per year of timeshare, do you spend all summer at your timeshare?

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2012, 09:30 PM   #3
dvc at last !
DVC Member 2006!

Wow - 17 weeks ...
That is fantastic !
Will you adopt this family ?
'12-AKL~ '12-OKW~'13-OKW~'13-BCV~'14-OKW~
dvc at last ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:40 PM   #4
Catira
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks
Have you deposited your weeks with RCI already? Do you know how many TPUs they are worth. Best thing to do is set up an ongoing search for the Easter week you need ASAP. Just make sure the week you use to start the search has a good amount of TPUs. Good luck
Old 08-22-2012, 09:41 PM   #5
Tricia's mom
DIS Veteran

I wish....
DIl's use 10 week for snow birding....

Send me Pixie dust PLEASE
1974 Red Roof Inn ( too Many others to mention) 1992 Hawaiian Village inn 1994 All star sports 1996 ASMU 1998 CBR 2003 Celebration Hotel 2005 Rosen Plaza 2007 Plaza hotel 2008 POFQ 2009 PORS 2010 PoP 2010 WL 2011 PoP 2012 PORS & Dream 2012 Royal Pacific...2013 AKL
Old 08-23-2012, 05:21 AM   #6
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks
If you're willing to take a studio, put in an ongoing request and have a TPU at least around 30-42 depending on unit size requested; I'd say your chances are very good. Personally I'd put in for a 1 BR or larger and want a TPU at least 42 then list all on property resorts. There have been some deposits in advance of that time but 7 month deposits for close to that time have already been showing up. I'd act now to put in the ongoing request. If you don't have a TPU in that range, go ahead and combine deposits to increase your TPU.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #7
Tricia's mom
DIS Veteran

Thanks

For the good thoughts and tips....

I see that bonnet creek is available.. Should I take it and put my DVC dream aside..?
Old 08-24-2012, 06:51 AM   #8
Dean
DIS Veteran

I would if you can get a 1 BR or larger that fits your needs though you should still be able to get something good later just likely not as close as bonnet creek.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:44 AM   #9
delmar411
DIS Veteran

I would put in an ongoing request and see if anything pops up. I got Memorial Day week at BCV and Christmas week at SSR so busy weeks are available through RCI. I also saw plenty of BCV during F&W time too. But this stuff shows up 10-7mths out.

The last I saw was some Feb on the points side but that was last month I think.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:42 AM   #10
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
I would if you can get a 1 BR or larger that fits your needs though you should still be able to get something good later just likely not as close as bonnet creek.
FWIW, Bonnet doesn't have studios at all. The smallest unit is a 1BR. And, there is a 1BR there for the week checking out on Easter weekend, but not checking in then.

You have sufficient timeshare assets that you can book something suitable now, add the cancel protection to that booking, and run an ongoing search with other deposits to see if you can "upgrade" to a better resort. That is my preferred strategy. It is a little more expensive that way (you end up paying for cancel protection once or twice more than you might otherwise) but gives the best balance between risk and reward.

(Note that for non-prime-time weeks, I will often instead hold out and go fishing for a last-mintue cancellation if a preferred resort doesn't come through---that's pretty easy to do in Orlando because there are just so many resorts, but I would not try that during Easter.)

As for what you should use as your "safety" confirmation: if you are only a couple, I might go ahead and take the Bonnet week. With a travel party larger than two, I would personally want a 2BR even if it was a little farther away. There are 2BRs at Vistana for that same weekend. Now that they've completed their resort-wide refurbishment, this is an excellent choice, just outside the Epcot Center Drive entrance to property. Note though that Vistana (along with all of the other Starwoods in RCI) just recently added a 1-in-4 restriction, so if you've been there recently, it is not an option.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: