Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #31
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

I'm subscribing!!

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Concerts
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:47 PM   #32
Escape2Disney
Friendly Neighborhood Disney Fanatic!

Hello fellow Oregonian!

I'm following as well! My DD, DMOM, and I will be at DL from December 8th - 13th. Maybe we'll see you there!
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #33
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Hi guys!

Escape--maybe we will see you there... I usually try and do a LGMH on my backpack, but I rarely notice if anyone else has one... kinda not observant that way when we are in DL!

I got my 1st Disney Rewards magazine thingy in the mail today... the Brave costume looks super super cute. I think my dd will have a hard time choosing between that and Elphaba (from Wicked) this year...

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. Dec '12, 6 days @ PPH, dh, dd &I. Can't stand it anymore--DLH here we come Oct 25-29, 2015!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Mommy2PrincessAbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:13 PM   #34
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

Can't wait to see how your trip turns out. We're going around Christmas time too -- in 2013! So I'll get my preview from yours.

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #35
Crazy4Disney06
DIS Veteran

Another Oregonian who will be there in December! We went to WDW last Christmas and loved it so much that we wanted to try DL this December to celebrate me graduating from nursing school! Our dates are December 18th to 18th offsite at Fairfield Inn and then 18th through 21st and Villas at Grand Californian!
9-96 ~ WDW - Wilderness Lodge / 6-98 ~ DL (graduation gift) - FairField Inn/ 3-00 ~ DL (DisneyMoon) - Stovalls Inn / 5-03 ~ DL - Super 8/ 7-04 ~ DL - Hyatt Regency Orange County/ 8-21 - 8-27-07 ~ WDW - POP / 10/11 - 10/19/08 ~ WDW - CBR & Disney Wonder / DL ~ 10/5 - 10/9/09 Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel / 12/15 - 12/20/2011 ~ Our first Holiday Season with Mickey @ ASMu / Villas At Disney's Grand Californian Hotel ~ D 12/16 - 12/21/12 /Tinkerbell Half Marathon Weekend @ DL 1/16 - 1/20/14 /Aulani Hawaiian Resort 8/24 - 8/30/14 / Next Up: / Tinkerbell Half Marathon Weekend @ DL 5/7 - 5/11/15/WDW Wine and Dine Half Marathon Trip 11/2-11/8/15

DVC Owners Since 3/2012
Crazy4Disney06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:53 PM   #36
ociana
Mouseketeer

This must be where the Oregonians check in to say they are going in December!

We are going 12/23-12/28. We booked a deal through Costco and scored pretty nicely with the airfare at only 189rt on Christmas week. It pays to book early. We also picked up the Disney rewards visa...although our Amazon visa has better rewards overall. I plan to use it here and there, but mostly to save 10% at lots of places while we are in the parks.

Oh, Mommy2PrincessAbby I saw your post earlier in the thread about your daughter getting into the charter school you wanted. CONGRATS! My boys did charter school until we moved to Oregon and then a private school through Middle School. I found it to be a wonderful way to get a solid education. My older son just hit high school this year (sadly, public is our only option in Salem) and he is appalled by the classroom and study habits of his fellow students - even in honors classes!
ociana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:44 PM   #37
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone... Guess I should rename the thread Oregonians escape the rain and go to DL in December! Lol

Ociana..it may be too late for your son, but I have it on good authority that a high school charter will be starting in Salem soon. Not sure if there is a website, but it is called proficiency academy of salem-keizer. The plan is for an academically rigorous program, similar to one in bend. I am actually a sprague graduate, and have friends kids that graduated from south... And i hear you!

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. Dec '12, 6 days @ PPH, dh, dd &I. Can't stand it anymore--DLH here we come Oct 25-29, 2015!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Old 05-31-2012, 09:04 AM   #38
ociana
Mouseketeer

I know all about the proficiency academy! We were at the school board when they voted to proceed and extremely let down when they slowed the process after the arrest of the school head. I am hopeful that things get back on track for 2013-14 for my younger son. My older son is just finishing his first year at Sprague, so I am sure you know what I mean about the student classroom behavior.

In other news, our house was robbed yesterday! Took all our small electronics (xbox, kindle, ipods, laptop, etc) and our lockbox with passports, birth certs, cash and more. The cops dusted for prints and got one that we are hoping isn't just one of ours. Hours of phone calls to close accounts and shut stuff down yesterday, today I get to talk to the insurance claims agent (joy).

Here is a pro tip for everyone: Document the serial numbers of all your electronics somewhere that is not likely to be stolen.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #39
ociana
Mouseketeer

Totally didn't mean to kill the thread with my downer news! In better news, the incident did not thwart our trip to Disneyland in any way and all will be well.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #40
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

OMG! I didn't even see your reply! So sorry to hear about your break-in!! We were robbed in October last year, they bypassed everything once they found our safe... and made off with my daughter's baby passport (long expired), video cassettes of her when she was little (that we had not yet converted to DVD), our marriage cert, birth certs... uugh.... nothing of value to anyone but us and identity thieves. They did catch the guys, turns out they were a part of a major ring... and trial for them will be starting soon.

Anyhow... while my DL countdown is continuing, and I am anxious to see the kid's menu for Carthay Circle--as well as some 1st hand reports from people with kids how the WOC tickets are dealt with (all that food for the 3 of us sounds like a lot, if we eat have to get an entree plus either and appy or dessert)... I am now within a 2-week countdown to our Riviera Maya (south of Cancun) vacation... So off to the store for toiletries

Old 06-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #41
jaylensmom
Mouseketeer

Subscribing...I believe I followed your PTR in 2010 when you went to Disneyland in October...Your posts really helped me then and since I'm planning to go in December I'm glad I found you...
jaylensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:40 AM   #42
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Welcome jaylensmom! I have been way out of range in Mexico for the last 11 days, so, I have some catching up to do on the boards! Can't wait to get reading about people's experiences in Carsland!!

Old 07-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #43
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Okay, I really am starting to feel like I need a plan, the problem is I don't know what they are going to do about early entry after the summer is over. We haven't used early entry on the weekend before because it was too darned early, and instead we sleep in a little do a character breakfast and go to DCA... Carsland has me so screwed up!

We'll arrive early Wednesday, get checked in, probably wander over to DCA for a bite to eat-traditionally a corndog, but heck now I want to try the garden grill, or maybe go over to one of the cones, ugh. We'll need to ride little mermaid and symphony swings right off, and grab soarin fps. Little mermaid is new for us and symphony swings is dd's favorite. Then I am thinking parade and fireworks this night, because fireworks can get cancelled and then we can bump them to another night. Probably don't need to do a dinner with ressies on Wednesday... Should be the quietest nite we are there, so maybe Rancho del Zocolo or Bengal BBQ.

Thursday should be e.e. which we'll use for sure at DL... Cover the fantasyland rides and probably indy, splash, hm, pooh... Then typically we would cross to DCA... Again, hours would be helpful here. Ugh. Think I want to do Carthay circle that afternoon for lunch and get the passes for woc that night.

Friday, again... Will DCA have e.e.? Either way we will probably start at DCA and try and do the Carsland gauntlet and then cross to DL after lunch and naps and I'm hoping to do F! Dessert seating that night.

Saturday and Sunday will probably be crowd avoidance... Need a princess meal in there and a blue bayou dinner. Probably one each day... And we tend to use the weekends to see Aladdin, talk to crush, go to animation academy etc...

Then Monday we only have the morning to hit what we want to ride again... And go home.

My must eat list is growing too, right now it's:

Breakfast, hubby and dd need protein packed breakfasts, we'll probably do room service on early days:
PCH grill
Storytellers or Goofys kitchen (haven't done Goofys in awhile, may have to try it again)

Lunch:
Corndog castle (Monday)
Carnation cafe (Saturday)
Carthay circle (Thursday)
Paradise garden grill (Wednesday)
Tangaroa terrace (Sunday)
Rainforest cafe (Friday)

Dinner:
Blue bayou (Sunday?)
Big thunder ranch (Friday?)
Bengal BBQ (Wednesday)
Ariel's grotto (Saturday?)
Rancho del Zocolo (Thursday)

Yikes... Okay, enough for today... Back to work! Lol

Old 08-22-2012, 02:37 PM   #44
DisFan84
Earning My Ears

Subscribing!

Hello from Portland, OR! My boyfriend and I will be in DL 12/1-12/7 celebrating my birthday (12/12/12 this year ) I too am a major planner and I look forward to any finds you come across prior to your trip!
DisFan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #45
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Hi there!! Welcome!!

Right now I am anxiously anticipating news about dining packages for the CP! We had been happy to avoid that weekend, but now that it will be twice a night every night of our stay, I'd love to see it if I can get a chance... so a dining package would be the easiest way of comfortably doing that I think... Here's to more waiting

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: