Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #10
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
Great review!!, kinda makes me what to change for MBYBBQ..
Ya know, we have never done the MBYBBQ, so we can't compare for you. From what I have read over the years, HDDR gets slightly better reviews for the food and seems to appeal to people of all ages more than the BBQ, which seems to be geared more for little kids. I guess I would say that if the BBQ appeals to your family, give it a try while your kids are young and put HDDR on your "must do" list for next time! I want to mention that HDDR ALSO appeals to young kids. I see kids in high chairs having a blast there, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
HDDR always looks fun. We haven't done it in about 10 years, and I don't think we're going to rush back (since I definitely don't need an entire meal filled with fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and strawberry shortcake ), but I'm glad to see it's still great as always.
Yeah, you're right, who DOES need that kind of meal?! Especially after lunch at Via Napoli! I wasn't kidding when I mentioned this celebration would be gluttonous, was I?! The food at HDDR is very basic and plain, and...well, not that healthy when you think about it. But they do what they do well (well, usually, not always, as evidenced by our dried-out chicken). Everything on our table (except the chicken) was perfect for what it was. Pork and beans is not may favorite side dish, but, if you like pork and beans, it doesn't get better than this, if you get my drift. It would be nice if they added a tomato salad with capers and olives, or crunchy green beans, for those looking for something healthy besides iceberg lettuce!

We don't go for the food, we go for the show, which never disappoints, and when we enjoy the food as much as we do, we are still kind of surprised that we like mashed potatoes and BBQ spare ribs and iceberg lettuce and corn bread, which would never be our usual selections on a typical night out at a restaurant at home.

It's so hard to make decisions about where to spend valuable (cost-wise and mostly time-wise) dinners at Disney, with so many fabulous choices!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: