Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #31
zarkarella
Earning My Ears

I did a little spreadsheet on historical free dining, trying to decide when we wanted to go because we need FD to make it affordable. We are checking in on a Sunday, so that is why I used all Sundays in my data.

Year 1st Sunday in Oct 3rd Sunday in Oct 4th Sunday in Oct
2009 Oct 4, 2009- yes Oct 18, 2009- yes Oct 25, 2009- yes
2010 Oct 3, 2010- yes Oct 17, 2010- no Oct 24, 2010- yes
2011 Oct 2, 2011- yes Oct 16, 2011- no Oct 23, 2011- yes
2012 Oct 7, 2012- no Oct 21, 2012- yes Oct 28, 2012- yes

The third Sunday was always blacked out, if I was reading it right, so I didn't even include it. And the yes/no was if it was offered on that day.

If I have anything wrong, someone please feel free to correct me. I went by other posts I found on the Disboards and by googling.

zarkarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #32
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarkarella View Post
I did a little spreadsheet on historical free dining, trying to decide when we wanted to go because we need FD to make it affordable.
Awesome work.....for future reference you can always scroll on the charts that Mousesavers has put together with past free dining information

Mousesavers

Although you do have to scroll through other discounts to get to the free dining one and it can be a bit overwhelming trying to find all those free dining dates if they've released it more than once per year

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2012, 10:36 PM   #33
Meetmeinmontauk
DIS Veteran

I was really hoping for a bounceback offer on our upcoming trip but the current BB is for next August-September. Free dining or a room discount would be nice.

May 2011 - Pop Century August/September 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside October 2014 - Port Orleans French Quarter November 2015 - Art of Animation

Meetmeinmontauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:46 PM   #34
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

If you book now for October 2013 and a discount comes out later, will Disney apply the discount to your reservation?
bellepearle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #35
Meetmeinmontauk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellepearle View Post
If you book now for October 2013 and a discount comes out later, will Disney apply the discount to your reservation?
Yep!

May 2011 - Pop Century August/September 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside October 2014 - Port Orleans French Quarter November 2015 - Art of Animation

Meetmeinmontauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #36
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Oh that's great! What about a multi-room res?
bellepearle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #37
Zachsmom4
Mouseketeer

We are booked at POR from 10/18 - 10/25 to celebrate my son's 8th birthday. Hoping FD or room discount comes out as we may switch to AKL.

2/11 - Port Orleans French Quarter
3/12 - Coronado Springs Resort

10/14 - Port Orleans Riverside
Zachsmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #38
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellepearle View Post
Oh that's great! What about a multi-room res?
You are allowed to book up to 3 rooms with a single PIN code, so no worries.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #39
MISSYLEXI
Mouseketeer

We are booked Oct 18 - 23 at POR. Hoping for FD.

2004-POR
2005-POR
2006-POR
2007-POR
2008-POR
2013-POR
MISSYLEXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #40
TheRatPack

I think we're going to wait to book October until our 2012 October trip. That way if there is a bounceback we can just book that. We can't book an October 2013 vacation now and then if a bounceback is in our room this October can we call and add it? I didn't think we could so we figured we'd wait

Old 09-02-2012, 07:41 AM   #41
MrsReyRey
Earning My Ears

We'll be there 1st to 15th Oct! Can't wait to go back!!

MrsReyRey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #42
rein4dis
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack View Post
I'm hoping there is a bounceback in the room when we get there this October. That always helps me stress less....I see that a bounceback is out for September dates for 2013 so maybe it'll be extended for us October travelers
What is a bounceback? My brother and I are looking to book again in Oct 2013 and anything would really help out.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #43
kelseyjoxo
Earning My Ears

Hi all!

I have been planning our first family trip to Disney since before our son was born! (He is now 6 months). We were going January 2014--But after much reading & finding out Hubby can't use vacation that month, we chose October 2013! SO EXCITED!

A couple questions for you DW Veterans. We are using our tax check to pay for the trip. I have been crunching numbers for Jan, but now recently Oct. We are thinking the first week of Oct starting with Sunday, so it will be Sept 29-Oct 5. In recent years, I have noticed that there is a free DP for this week. Just making sure I am correct. I plan to book the trip using our Disney Reward credit card and paying it off once we get the tax check, but I want to book it well in advance since we plan on staying at Art of Animation.

My questions are: am I right about the history of this week with the DP? Also; If the DP is not available for my week, how easy is it to change the week I want to go, and is there a cancellation fee? It will only be me and my husband on the plan, since Liam will only be 18 months. Is it worth going through re-booking to get the deal if it comes down to it, or just paying full price for the DP instead cancelling or changing our reservations? Either way, we plan on getting the quick-service dining plan! Also, when is the best time to book? I just want to make sure that when/if this offer comes out, we can call & apply it!

We are also staying in the Little Mermaid Standard Rooms- On Mouse Savers, it says the free dining plan excludes these rooms-is this due to it just opening in September, or is this how it will be next year too??!!

Thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited by kelseyjoxo; 09-04-2012 at 01:38 PM.
kelseyjoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:00 PM   #44
TheRatPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by rein4dis View Post
What is a bounceback? My brother and I are looking to book again in Oct 2013 and anything would really help out.
When you check in to a Disney hotel, occasionally they have flyers for a discounted future trip. You have to book it before checking out, and it's only available to people staying in the Disney resorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelseyjoxo View Post
A couple questions for you DW Veterans. so it will be Sept 29-Oct 5. In recent years, I have noticed that there is a free DP for this week. Just making sure I am correct.

My questions are: am I right about the history of this week with the DP? Also; If the DP is not available for my week, how easy is it to change the week I want to go, and is there a cancellation fee? Either way, we plan on getting the quick-service dining plan! Also, when is the best time to book? I just want to make sure that when/if this offer comes out, we can call & apply it!

We are also staying in the Little Mermaid Standard Rooms- On Mouse Savers, it says the free dining plan excludes these rooms-is this due to it just opening in September, or is this how it will be next year too??!!

Thanks for any suggestions.
The dates have usually had a late September check in as your last date to take advantage of the free dining deal, but sometimes it's a weekday so you have to book up a week in September if you want to stay a whole week, or check in on a Thursday...etc. I know one year the last date free dining was offered in September was a Thursday, so we had to book the previous Saturday so we could stay a whole week. As long as you book your check in day on a date covered by free dining, it covers your whole trip.

As far as booking, book a package when you call. You don't have to add the dining plan right now if you don't want to, but make sure it's a package. That way if dining does come out, you can add the dining to your existing reservation and not cancel/rebook anything. If you add the dining plan now, you can also add the code later if it comes out and again avoid cancellation/rebooking. As long as you make changes prior to 45 days there is no fee. After 45 days prior to check in, there is a 50.00 fee if you downgrade the package cost and I think someone mentioned a smaller fee that Disney sometimes charges you even if you increase the cost of your package and it's within that 45 day window. If you book a room only reservation and then want to add the free dining code later, you have to rebook using the code.

There have been reports that the AOA LM rooms are not included in the bounceback free dining for 2013, so they may not be included in next years general public code either. No one knows right now how that will end up.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #45
kelseyjoxo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack View Post
When you check in to a Disney hotel, occasionally they have flyers for a discounted future trip. You have to book it before checking out, and it's only available to people staying in the Disney resorts.

The dates have usually had a late September check in as your last date to take advantage of the free dining deal, but sometimes it's a weekday so you have to book up a week in September if you want to stay a whole week, or check in on a Thursday...etc. I know one year the last date free dining was offered in September was a Thursday, so we had to book the previous Saturday so we could stay a whole week. As long as you book your check in day on a date covered by free dining, it covers your whole trip.

As far as booking, book a package when you call. You don't have to add the dining plan right now if you don't want to, but make sure it's a package. That way if dining does come out, you can add the dining to your existing reservation and not cancel/rebook anything. If you add the dining plan now, you can also add the code later if it comes out and again avoid cancellation/rebooking. As long as you make changes prior to 45 days there is no fee. After 45 days prior to check in, there is a 50.00 fee if you downgrade the package cost and I think someone mentioned a smaller fee that Disney sometimes charges you even if you increase the cost of your package and it's within that 45 day window. If you book a room only reservation and then want to add the free dining code later, you have to rebook using the code.

There have been reports that the AOA LM rooms are not included in the bounceback free dining for 2013, so they may not be included in next years general public code either. No one knows right now how that will end up.
Thank you so much for your help!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: