Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
bahacca
Mouseketeer

Wonder 4/4/2013 4 day Bahamas

The FE gift exchange is now closed for this group.

If you'd still like to get ot know other cruisers, please join us there as we can get to know everyone better, see pics of everyone so we can say "HI" on board, etc.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/477485465641478/

I'm first! I'm a newbie on DCL, so I have no idea as for as organizing, but I am SUPER excited to meet some new people and do the gift exchange

Last edited by bahacca; 03-05-2013 at 10:20 AM.
bahacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #2
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

Have a great cruise!
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #3
WhenUWishUponA5tar
Earning My Ears

Congrats bahacca on booking this cruise. My family and I just got off the Fantasy a couple weeks ago and that was out first cruise with DCL or any other . We had a blast. I'm sure we won't be disappointed with this one. We had the time of our life even though we were re-routed because of hurricane Ernesto. I know everyone talks about the price od DCL vs all the othe bargain cruise lines, but I feel like you get what you pay for and I was very happy with what I got for my money.
WhenUWishUponA5tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:59 AM   #4
bahacca
Mouseketeer

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time! I've cruised Carnival before 2x and wasn't very impressed. Luckily I haven't had to pay out of my own pocket(1st was with my parents, 2nd trip i won at work and this one is a gift from my MIL and SFIL who will be with us) I do want to splurge on this one, though. I want a cabana BAD, but seeing as it is our first cruise, we have to wait for the 75 days out to try. I'm crossing my fingers.
Who all wil be travelling with you? I have myself and my DH(it is our 10 year anniversary the first day we sail) and my 2 DDs, ages 6 and 7. My MIL and SFIL will be down the hall from us.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:46 AM   #5
dvcnewgirl
Williamsburg, VA
I don't care if I die early bring back the fried pie!!!

We are booked on this sailing. I can't believe that this thread is so short. I have never sailed a Disney cruise that did not have a bunch of DIS'ers on it. I will be sailing with my husband and daughter 10 and son 6.

dvcnewgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #6
bahacca
Mouseketeer

Oh my word! It took almost a MONTH for a new person and I've been checking every day!!! Hopefully more people start trickling in. Is it your Spring Break?
Old 10-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #7
dvcnewgirl
Williamsburg, VA

The 1st week of April is Spring Break. So Monday will be after spring break. I can't believe that no one is on the boat! I am looking forward to it! Maybe the ship will not be full. The price has not gone up very much..

Old 10-10-2012, 08:48 PM   #8
bahacca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcnewgirl View Post
The 1st week of April is Spring Break. So Monday will be after spring break. I can't believe that no one is on the boat! I am looking forward to it! Maybe the ship will not be full. The price has not gone up very much..
I was hoping for a less than full ship, so I won't cry if there aren't a lot of people! More chance of me getting a cabana and Palo reservations(not holding my breath on the cabana since it is our first cruise, but I can dream, right?)
Are you doing any excursions? I think we are going to splurge and do the Dolphin Swim.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #9
dvcnewgirl
Williamsburg, VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahacca View Post
I was hoping for a less than full ship, so I won't cry if there aren't a lot of people! More chance of me getting a cabana and Palo reservations(not holding my breath on the cabana since it is our first cruise, but I can dream, right?)
Are you doing any excursions? I think we are going to splurge and do the Dolphin Swim.
None planned right now. We would love a cabana too.. I think I am gold now.. just have to wait and see if it is in the budget. I will probably stay in the boat in Cozumel and let my husband go diving. I have not been to Key West on a Cruise ship, so I have to look and see what we will do there.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:37 PM   #10
bahacca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcnewgirl View Post
None planned right now. We would love a cabana too.. I think I am gold now.. just have to wait and see if it is in the budget. I will probably stay in the boat in Cozumel and let my husband go diving. I have not been to Key West on a Cruise ship, so I have to look and see what we will do there.
Ship isn't going to Cozumel. I'm assuming you mean Nassau? I'll have to read up on diving there. Maybe my hubs will want to go diving while us girls are with the dolphins.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:37 AM   #11
dvcnewgirl
Williamsburg, VA

I do not know why I thought Cozumel.. we will all be staying on the boat in Nassau. Hopefully some time at the pool.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:27 AM   #12
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

Glad to see there is a thread!!!

Hi!! This will be our third DCL cruise, and I agree that you get what you pay for... We love this line for the kids and ourselves as well. We have a dau who will turn 11 right before the cruise and a son who will be 9. The Wonder is the first ship we sailed on, back in 2010. We then went on the Dream in 2011. Sadly, we took 2012 off...LOL!!!

The food is phenomenol. The entertainment is great. The kdis loved being in the kid clubs soooo much!!! I am psychced to be leaving out of Miami as well. That will be something different.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:25 PM   #13
bahacca
Mouseketeer

Less than a month to add another person! Horray!!!
I had to keep myself from buying my girls a bunch of Disney outfits today while I was out. I've already bought them quite a few things.
Are you all driving to the port, flying in? We are flying in the day before and staying somewhere that is TBD. If anyone has any idea of a place to stay that is near a place to buy wine AND has a shuttle from the airport/to the cruise, that would be FANTASTIC. I need to look into this more.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #14
dvcnewgirl
Williamsburg, VA

OMalley! Glad you are here. We are driving. We are coming in on Tuesday and staying at Disney's Vero beach resort. I know a lot about Port Canaveral, but nothing about Miami..

Old 10-21-2012, 06:40 PM   #15
bahacca
Mouseketeer

Do either of you know how to set up the info for the FE exchange? I'd love to do this if others are interested. I've seen mention of shared spreadsheets in places like googledocs.

See my first post above. I made up a googledocs thing that you should be able to edit and fill in your info on. If you guys have any concerns, questions, etc, just send me an email. I figure i'll leave it totally open with the link now and once we get closer, I can limit availability to those who are signed up (I'll allow based on email address, so if you want to wait to put that in, that is fine)and we can put in more info if you are uncomfortable sharing info now.

Last edited by bahacca; 10-22-2012 at 03:17 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: