Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 09:42 AM   #1906
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
When we did a split stay last Fall from POR to BLT, we were actually able to check in at BLT by going through the main doors. It they did that last Fall for us I am sure they could do that for you now?
Thank you so much for the info, I think we will go ahead and try it this way first .

Old 08-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #1907
buzlite
Earning My Ears

if we have people sleeping on the sleeper sofa and couch will we need to request sheets and blankets at arrival or will their be in the room
Also will the maids turn the beds back into couch form every afternoon? I am paying cash for a 1 br villa and not a dvc member. Also is their turn down service?
last but not least has anyone been able to get into the lounge at blt that is not a dvc member? How about if you are interested in purchasing but aren't sure yet and take the dvc sales pitch tour.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2012, 07:27 AM   #1908
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzlite View Post
if we have people sleeping on the sleeper sofa and couch will we need to request sheets and blankets at arrival or will their be in the room
Also will the maids turn the beds back into couch form every afternoon? I am paying cash for a 1 br villa and not a dvc member. Also is their turn down service?
last but not least has anyone been able to get into the lounge at blt that is not a dvc member? How about if you are interested in purchasing but aren't sure yet and take the dvc sales pitch tour.
The sleep sofa will have sheets on them and you will find extra pillows and blankets in your room. I am a DVC member so I don't know if the maids will fold up the sleep sofa everyday. Unless you are concierge level, there is not turn down service.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:00 AM   #1909
serene56
DIS Veteran

my reservation says I can do online check in --tomorrow.

I have a preference that I want to be on a ground floor close to the laundry room.

should I wait til I get there to do my checkin??

we are booked into the garden wing standard room.

(if i do online check in do I hurt myself in order for an upgrade?)
Old 08-22-2012, 07:44 AM   #1910
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
my reservation says I can do online check in --tomorrow.

I have a preference that I want to be on a ground floor close to the laundry room.

should I wait til I get there to do my checkin??

we are booked into the garden wing standard room.

(if i do online check in do I hurt myself in order for an upgrade?)
When I did online check in one of the options available was to request a lower floor. Otherwise none of the options are even close to your request. You might be better of waiting to check in on arrival.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:06 AM   #1911
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When I did online check in one of the options available was to request a lower floor. Otherwise none of the options are even close to your request. You might be better of waiting to check in on arrival.
I think I will listen to you and wait. I did check and the only option was ground floor. I do not want to be so far away all the way in the back of the garden wing. Hoping for magic here.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:06 AM   #1912
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The sleep sofa will have sheets on them and you will find extra pillows and blankets in your room. I am a DVC member so I don't know if the maids will fold up the sleep sofa everyday. Unless you are concierge level, there is not turn down service.
That's not completely true. From what people have posted here, you can get turndown service in the CR if not club level by requesting at check-in. (So those who aren't aware or don't ask won't automatically get turn-down unless staying Club level.) I don't know if that applies to cash stays at BLT as well. I would suggest to the asker to give it a try!

Quote:
I think I will listen to you and wait. I did check and the only option was ground floor. I do not want to be so far away all the way in the back of the garden wing. Hoping for magic here.
I would say also if you were the type to question the room that is assigned to ask if anything else if available, then you should definitely not do online check-in. It's really more for those who will just be happy with whatever they get. Good luck!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 08-24-2012, 10:54 AM   #1913
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Is anyone at Disney now? I just read that the Contempo Cafe is closed for an unannounced refurb. The tentative opening date is Monday, August 27. I sure hope it is fully up and running for our arrival on Friday, August 31st. We are waiting Flatbreads

Last edited by mickeyplanner; 08-24-2012 at 10:54 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #1914
serene56
DIS Veteran

I am guessing you read that on trip advisor too?

Coz it caused me undo stress too. I have never seen that it was closed.
hope someone comes in and says that it is opened
Old 08-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #1915
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am guessing you read that on trip advisor too?

Coz it caused me undo stress too. I have never seen that it was closed.
hope someone comes in and says that it is opened
read it on wdwmagic.com

Old 08-24-2012, 04:16 PM   #1916
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Turn down is available by request at the CR and all Deluxe resorts and is automatic when staying CL. Only the GF provides turndown to all guests automatically.

We just stayed on cash at BLT and the sleeper was made up everyday, but left open.

Quote:
Is anyone at Disney now? I just read that the Contempo Cafe is closed for an unannounced refurb. The tentative opening date is Monday, August 27. I sure hope it is fully up and running for our arrival on Friday, August 31st. We are waiting Flatbreads
Walked by the Contempo Cafe today and it is indeed closed, HOWEVER, they moved everything to the ballroom downstairs. There are repairs being done to what seems like the ceiling or something above the cafe. The cafe will reopen Monday.

Old 08-25-2012, 06:12 AM   #1917
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Yes it is closed as of Friday morning. In two of the ballrooms they set up a area to buy and eat food. I saw the breakfast set up Friday morning. It had all the normal morning food including Mickey waffles.

Have fun. We just got back late last night.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
Old 08-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #1918
shburks
DIS Veteran

Wow....I've just read a ton of pages! After several trips to WDW and numerous visits to CR for dining, I just bit the bullet and booked CR tower Bay View for late Jan. we've stayed at WL twice and loved it but this trip will be a mommy/son trip with my ds while dh is deployed. Figured we would need a little splurge and convenience for this trip.

Thanks for all the great info y'all have posted!

Any random trans concerns I should have? We'll use Disney trans the entire visit. Does bus service to Hollywood Studios work well? Share a bus? (Assume so!)

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW: Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
Old 08-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #1919
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Turn down is available by request at the CR and all Deluxe resorts and is automatic when staying CL. Only the GF provides turndown to all guests automatically.

We just stayed on cash at BLT and the sleeper was made up everyday, but left open.

Walked by the Contempo Cafe today and it is indeed closed, HOWEVER, they moved everything to the ballroom downstairs. There are repairs being done to what seems like the ceiling or something above the cafe. The cafe will reopen Monday.
I wish I would have known about the turn down service for our last trip at BC. Glad I learned something new today.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:29 PM   #1920
PrincessesX3
Mouseketeer

Booked a bounceback for next August for CR garden wing. We have stayed in the tower, will I be disappointed?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: