Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2012, 10:24 PM   #31
dmwang9
Agent P's sidekick-in-training

This past summer, I stayed in MK until park closing and was so tired that I was having trouble focusing my eyes. I went into what I thought was a men's room and noticed that there were no urinals. My incredibly sleepy brain knew that something was wrong, but before I could put 2 and 2 together, a woman who was in there with her young daughter said to me very politely, "Excuse me, sir, but I think you went into the wrong rest room."

The daughter (who I'm guessing was maybe 5 years old) stage-whispered to her Mom in reply, "Mom, don't say that! Maybe he's a transsexual like Uncle Patty!"

And now for the heartwarming part:

The mother and I exploded in laughter -- what else was there to do? -- and then the mother explained that her brother had recently undergone MTF surgery. Her daughter understood that his name was Patty now rather than Patrick, but she couldn't bring herself to call him "Aunt Patty", so "Uncle Patty" was born.

I could tell that she was confused and upset because she thought that her mother and I had been laughing at her. I turned to the daughter and told her that I thought it was awesome that she had looked out for me and that she should tell her Uncle Patty what she had done, because it meant that she really understood how important Uncle Patty's surgery was to her. The daughter beamed, and Magical Moments were had all around.

DLR: off site (8/74), GC (2/01), DLH (10/07, Gay Days Anaheim), VGC (3/13), off site (12/13), off site (2/14)
WDW: Swan (7/03, Nimbus), CR (8/06), Dolphin (8/07), Swan (6/08), Swan (6/09), BWV (7/10), BWV (7/11), BWV (6/12), SSR (6/13), BWV (3/14, Flower and Garden), AKL-Kidani (10/14, Food and Wine)
Universal: Royal Pacific (7/10, Infinitus), Portofino Bay (7/12, Ascendio)
Cruises: Dream (7/11, 4 night Bahamas), Dream (6/12, PCC 3.0, 5 night Bahamas), Fantasy (6/13, 7 night W Caribbean)
ABD: DIS Backstage Magic (7/14)
dmwang9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:53 AM   #32
DanInDefiance
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwang9 View Post
This past summer, I stayed in MK until park closing and was so tired that I was having trouble focusing my eyes. I went into what I thought was a men's room and noticed that there were no urinals.
Been there...but at a lonely movie theater with empty bathrooms (thank god). Went in with a soda and I was mad to not see anywhere to sit my drink. Then noticed that there wasn't any urinals - but nothing 'clicked' Went into a stall to do my business and found a tiny little trash can with a flat lid - perfect to put my drink. Figured out later what the little trash can was for.

But for my 'Disney funny' - My friend and I were on our last day to Epcot and I really wanted to see the American Adventure. Well is was late in the day and the only show left was set for the same time as the evening show in the lagoon. We were the only two for the AA show! However the host still went through the his entire speil, including the statement that it's a long show, so if you need to use the bathroom, you better use it now - remember, it was just the TWO of us. I could see my friend busting a gut trying not to laugh at the poor CM.
DanInDefiance is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2012, 10:03 AM   #33
smithgang5
Earning My Ears

My husband and I were walking near tower of terror and cruella de vil walks up to me grabs my arm and points to my freckles and says ohh spots
smithgang5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #34
artnerds
Mouseketeer

Last new year's eve, my bf and I were having dinner at Bistro de Paris at Epcot. The server was a wee bit clueless and, at one point, asked us, "So...you two are...brothers?" The maître d', who was standing at the next table, overheard. He walked over, took the server by the arm, and led him away quietly saying, "soyez pas stupide" ("don't be stupid").

When midnight came, we and many of the other guests and cast members were standing near the windows watching the fireworks. Our server was maybe 3 feet away from us. When the countdown hit zero and I kissed my bf, we heard our server loudly go, "OHHHHH!" Apparently, his brain finally made the connection.

He was all smiles and love to us during dessert/coffee. We still to this day can't figure out if he was clueless and gay or clueless and straight.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:50 AM   #35
mrunn0080
Earning My Ears

a seagull pooed on my brand new Star Tours hat. Hat paid for itself.
mrunn0080 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: