Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2012, 06:44 AM   #1
orbaya
Earning My Ears

Another MNSSHP question

We want to go the this event on 10/30 and I just went to purchase them, and it says that they go on sale on 10/30?? Why would they go on sale the same day as the event?

One more.....We aren't planning to go to MK on 10/30 (except for the party) and we don't have Park Hoppers. So will we have to purchase park tickets to get in, or can we get in with just the event tickets?

orbaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:01 AM   #2
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

MNSSHP requires a special event ticket to attend which is purchased separately.

Enjoy!
emmebear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2012, 07:37 AM   #3
orbaya
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmebear View Post
MNSSHP requires a special event ticket to attend which is purchased separately.

Enjoy!
Yes, but do we need park tickets in addition to the event tickets?

Also do you know why the event tickets for 10/30 go on sale the day of the event?

Old 08-15-2012, 09:01 AM   #4
reindeer
Reindeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbaya View Post
Yes, but do we need park tickets in addition to the event tickets?

Also do you know why the event tickets for 10/30 go on sale the day of the event?
You do not have to have park ticket, just MNSSHP tickets. They usually start letting people in with party tickets about 5 o'clock. I don't know why your being told you have to wait to purchase. You should call and ask.
reindeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:10 AM   #5
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
We want to go the this event on 10/30 and I just went to purchase them, and it says that they go on sale on 10/30?? Why would they go on sale the same day as the event?

One more.....We aren't planning to go to MK on 10/30 (except for the party) and we don't have Park Hoppers. So will we have to purchase park tickets to get in, or can we get in with just the event tickets?
1. The tickets for all dates have been on sale for over a month. Most dates have "advance sale pricing" as well as "day of event pricing". Certain dates, which are expected to sell out, such as October 30 do not have ASP but only have the higher day-of tickets available. If you wait until the actual day of the event tickets may have all been sold out.

2. If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #16, you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:10 AM   #6
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

If you would like to visit MK before the actual party begins at 7, then yes you would need to purchase an admission ticket to MK. The party begins at 7 and also requires a special ticket. Hope that helps.
emmebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:00 PM   #7
orbaya
Earning My Ears

The tickets for all dates have been on sale for over a month. Most dates have "advance sale pricing" as well as "day of event pricing". Certain dates, which are expected to sell out, such as October 30 do not have ASP but only have the higher day-of tickets available. If you wait until the actual day of the event tickets may have all been sold out.

Thanks. I guess I might be misunderstanding this. Our date of 10/30 does not have advance sale pricing, right? However, if I can't purchase tickets in advance, then if I wait until the day of the event, it could be sold out?

Old 08-15-2012, 08:24 PM   #8
jsebsirois
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The tickets for all dates have been on sale for over a month. Most dates have "advance sale pricing" as well as "day of event pricing". Certain dates, which are expected to sell out, such as October 30 do not have ASP but only have the higher day-of tickets available. If you wait until the actual day of the event tickets may have all been sold out.

Thanks. I guess I might be misunderstanding this. Our date of 10/30 does not have advance sale pricing, right? However, if I can't purchase tickets in advance, then if I wait until the day of the event, it could be sold out?
It means that tickets for the party on 10/30 is the same price, no matter if you buy the tickets tonight, the day before the party or on the 30th.

If you choose to wait and buy the tickets on the 30th, it could be sold out, which will probably happen since it will be Halloween's Eve.

WDW : October/November 2013 (MNSSHP and MVMCP) March 2013, October 2011 (MNSSHP), November 2010 (MVMCP), October 2008, October 2006 (MNSSHP) and July 2005 DLR : October 2012 (MHP), July 2010 and September 2009
jsebsirois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #9
orbaya
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsebsirois View Post
It means that tickets for the party on 10/30 is the same price, no matter if you buy the tickets tonight, the day before the party or on the 30th.

If you choose to wait and buy the tickets on the 30th, it could be sold out, which will probably happen since it will be Halloween's Eve.

Thanks. The issue is that the site won't allow me to purchase tickets before 10/30. Does this mean that this date is already sold out?

Old 08-19-2012, 11:03 PM   #10
saturdaygirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks. The issue is that the site won't allow me to purchase tickets before 10/30. Does this mean that this date is already sold out?
does it not look like this for you?

also, i have a question. the mnsshp is basically like extra magic hours, just requires a separate ticket, right? all the rides will still be open and everything?

Last edited by saturdaygirl; 08-19-2012 at 11:09 PM.
saturdaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:15 PM   #11
Momof4girls
DIS Veteran

Some rides will be closed. I can't remember which.

But, I'm having the same issue - it won't let me buy tickets for my October date. Says it goes on sale the day of, even though it's quite a ways off. I don't want to wait and risk it selling out, though, either.
BFF trips Mom: WDW 5/2011, DLR 7/2011, Dole Whip Mission: 2/12, MNSSHP 10/12, 4 Park Day 4/13, Epcot Day 02/2014

Momof4girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #12
orbaya
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof4girls View Post
Some rides will be closed. I can't remember which.

But, I'm having the same issue - it won't let me buy tickets for my October date. Says it goes on sale the day of, even though it's quite a ways off. I don't want to wait and risk it selling out, though, either.

I was finally able to purchase tickets for 10/30 yesterday. I don't know if there is a site issue or what, but keep checking.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #13
orbaya
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturdaygirl View Post
does it not look like this for you?

also, i have a question. the mnsshp is basically like extra magic hours, just requires a separate ticket, right? all the rides will still be open and everything?
No, it didn't look like that when I originally posted about this. All I saw was the last two lines stating that the tickets were going on sale 10/30. I was finally able to buy tickets yesterday when the site looked like the above. :-)

Old 08-21-2012, 09:49 PM   #14
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmebear View Post
If you would like to visit MK before the actual party begins at 7, then yes you would need to purchase an admission ticket to MK. The party begins at 7 and also requires a special ticket. Hope that helps.
Just to clarify - this isn't totally correct. Yes, the party requires a special ticket to attend. However, you can enter MK as early as 4 pm with only the party ticket. Prior to 4pm requires park admission.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: