Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2012, 11:36 PM   #271
Kabuli1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bats View Post
No can do with an onboard wedding .. we have over 50 people coming from the UK!
Best they start flexing their rules for us DCL brides then and realise that we are just as good as WDW brides!!
(BTW- This is Jillian / JBeanBunny, I'm logged onto my mom's computer and DIS username!)

Disney won't limit you on your number of guests, they'll always find a way to serve you if it means more $$ for them. My event is happening in the D-Lounge which could hold at least 100 guests if they wanted to- it's a very large lounge! I have 45 guests (47 including the couple!) So they can certainly hold more guests in there! I would definitely request a theater, I wish I'd thought of that! I also wish I'd requested Revolution instead of D-Lounge, but oh well! If you're not interested in a CC wedding, then don't have one! They'll just put your large party someplace like D-Lounge for your reception celebration anyways, so you may as well save yourself $1,000 by having it onboard- then you can use that to pay your $20/guest fee due 30 days prior to sailing
Kabuli1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:56 PM   #272
Evi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bats View Post
No can do with an onboard wedding .. we have over 50 people coming from the UK!
Best they start flexing their rules for us DCL brides then and realise that we are just as good as WDW brides!!

Evi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2012, 06:37 AM   #273
Fivepin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclwonderprincess View Post
DF and I are getting married on board of the Wonder May 2013 but as you can imagine planning has already taken over. I thought I would share a few of the things I have already come up with. For our guest we sent out save the date magnets and will be making passport invites with space for autographs. Since 16 of our relatives and one bff are making the trip with us I decided that welcome gifts are a must. We have 3 children in the group and I've also made special gift bags for them. The baskets include basic essential items then I've purchased a few of the Disney gifts on clearance from Michaels. Most of my purchases have been from the $ Tree, $ spot at Target or Michaels. I also got the kids each a beach towel on clearance from our local Disney outlet store. We plan on delivering our gifts to guests as they arrive at their rooms. Partial projects currently include a welcome letter, passport invite, luggage tags, tote bags, magnets, and some sort of reusable cup, I'm still deciding between nalgene bottles and coffee cups. Here are a few pics of what I have so far.

Great stuff. It looks like I need to get working...my VR is in Nov and I haven't put anything together yet. I pretty much know what I'm putting in the bags though.

Married at WDW Wedding Pavilion 9/23/95
Cruises: 9/14/2002 1st Disney Cruise West Caribbean; 10/2/2004 Eastern Caribbean; 8/20/2005 14 nite Panama Canal; 9/16/2006 Double Dip with Costa Maya; 5/26/2007 11 nite Mediterranean; 5/1/2008 3 night Wonder Best Friend Cruise; 9/11/2008 3 night Wonder Anniversary Cruise; 10/11/2008 Eastern Caribbean; 11/14/2009 Double Dip;1/21/2010 3 nite Wonder Mini Getaway; 7/6/2010 12 night Northern European Capitals Cruise1/26/2011 Dream MV;7/12/2011 Alaska Cruise;11/17/2011 Dream B2B; 3/31/2012 Fantasy MV; 4/29/2012 15 nite Hawaii Cruise; 7/13/2012 2 night NYC Cruise to Nowhere; 8/10/2012 Double Dip; 9/20/12 3 Nite Anniversary Cruise;11/18/12 3 Nite Vow Renewal Cruise; 1/10/13 3 Nite 1st DVC Member Cruise; 6/23/13 4 nite Dream Cruise; 11/23/13 Thanksgiving on the Fantasy; 1/14/14 3 Nite Magic Cruise in the Royal Suite
Trips to WDW:too many to count
Fivepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:44 AM   #274
Fivepin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsMinnie View Post
Im totally new to this board, and still years away from being able to do a DCL VR, but one can still dream! I think it's great most everything is coming together for you on your VR!! An idea for revealing this to your DH is maybe on your actual anniversary YOU propose to him! I hope whatever you decide to do you keep us posted!
Well, thank you so much for your suggestion, and that's what I'm going to do. I came back from my research cruise and found out they release Fl res rates for our anniverary weekend. I thought how perfect. If we went away for the weekend, the cost of hotel and food and such would be about the same. I had DH ask his boss if he could take 1 1/2 days off. He's not supposed to at the end of the quarters. I told him to tell his boss that I have something planned. Good news he was given the ok. So, I booked the cruise last night!!

Now I need some creative ideas of how and when? I would love for it to be unique, but I have an accountant's brain and am not that creative when it comes to things like this. If I can't come up with anything...I thought I would do it at our dinner at Palo and have them deliver those celebration plates they write in chocolate at dessert time with Will you marry me again?

Any suggestions from you ladies would be greatly appreciated

Married at WDW Wedding Pavilion 9/23/95
Cruises: 9/14/2002 1st Disney Cruise West Caribbean; 10/2/2004 Eastern Caribbean; 8/20/2005 14 nite Panama Canal; 9/16/2006 Double Dip with Costa Maya; 5/26/2007 11 nite Mediterranean; 5/1/2008 3 night Wonder Best Friend Cruise; 9/11/2008 3 night Wonder Anniversary Cruise; 10/11/2008 Eastern Caribbean; 11/14/2009 Double Dip;1/21/2010 3 nite Wonder Mini Getaway; 7/6/2010 12 night Northern European Capitals Cruise1/26/2011 Dream MV;7/12/2011 Alaska Cruise;11/17/2011 Dream B2B; 3/31/2012 Fantasy MV; 4/29/2012 15 nite Hawaii Cruise; 7/13/2012 2 night NYC Cruise to Nowhere; 8/10/2012 Double Dip; 9/20/12 3 Nite Anniversary Cruise;11/18/12 3 Nite Vow Renewal Cruise; 1/10/13 3 Nite 1st DVC Member Cruise; 6/23/13 4 nite Dream Cruise; 11/23/13 Thanksgiving on the Fantasy; 1/14/14 3 Nite Magic Cruise in the Royal Suite
Trips to WDW:too many to count

Last edited by Fivepin; 08-14-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Fivepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:22 PM   #275
Maleficent73
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Emily, your wedding photos look lovely! I especially love the one where you're laying in his lap with the port hole behind you! Where was that photo taken? I don't remember seeing a place like that!
I'm not sure which one, but it was one of the adult lounges in Europa... maybe Ooh La La? Sorry I'm not more help, but I pretty much let the photographer pick the shots because I didn't really have anything in particular in mind.

2011 MR on the Wonder, 2012 Fantasy Wedding at Castaway Cay, 2013 Magical Med

Maleficent73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:42 AM   #276
XxsmortzxX
Mouseketeer

Wow - This thread is a definite learning experience

Hello! I am so loving this new thread, thank you so much.

My DF and I are planning an October 2013 wedding on the Fantasy and this thread has given me so much information. I was really iffy about the photography thing (Disney vs Outside vendor), welcome bags, budgeting, and more, but you brides definitely know what to do.

I am booked under Lisa at Pixie, and am also working with Meredith from DFTW. They have been incredibly helpful, but I am still a year out.

I definitely look forward to more posts as I lurk in the background of this thread.

XxsmortzxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:36 AM   #277
castmeaway
Mouseketeer

Meredith told our son that they could only have two witnesses at the ceremony in port befor the ship sails. Tell me this isn't so as both sets of parents want to attend at a minimum.
castmeaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:38 AM   #278
dclwonderprincess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by castmeaway
Meredith told our son that they could only have two witnesses at the ceremony in port befor the ship sails. Tell me this isn't so as both sets of parents want to attend at a minimum.
Meredith told me that it would just be me & DF. I'm hoping it's different once we're there bc we want parents to attend.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #279
stl_figment
Mouseketeer

They want to keep the numbers to a minimum so they will tell you 2 witnesses. However, we were able to have both his and my parentals as witnesses (6 total). We had our moms sign the certificate as the official two witnesses.

stl_figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:10 PM   #280
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclwonderprincess View Post
DF and I are getting married on board of the Wonder May 2013 but as you can imagine planning has already taken over. I thought I would share a few of the things I have already come up with. For our guest we sent out save the date magnets and will be making passport invites with space for autographs. Since 16 of our relatives and one bff are making the trip with us I decided that welcome gifts are a must. We have 3 children in the group and I've also made special gift bags for them. The baskets include basic essential items then I've purchased a few of the Disney gifts on clearance from Michaels. Most of my purchases have been from the $ Tree, $ spot at Target or Michaels. I also got the kids each a beach towel on clearance from our local Disney outlet store. We plan on delivering our gifts to guests as they arrive at their rooms. Partial projects currently include a welcome letter, passport invite, luggage tags, tote bags, magnets, and some sort of reusable cup, I'm still deciding between nalgene bottles and coffee cups. Here are a few pics of what I have so far.
What an awesome start for your wedding!!! Your STD magnets are super cute! I also love the "fairy tale" stamp and envelopes! I got the same thing to use to enclose info letters for our welcome bags Great minds think alike, hey? I'm also very impressed by your welcome gifts! You've got so much great stuff, I know your guests will love it! Thanks so much for sharing!!
Old 08-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #281
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Emailed some questions to Meredith this past week, and thought I would pass along the responses in case they are useful to anyone else. Hope everyone is doing well

-My travel agent, a previous DCL bride, said that you can use your Palo credit for brunch in lieu of dinner. However, when I looked on the Planning Guide, it said the credit could only be used for dinner. We're planning on dining at Remy's instead of Palos, and I just wanted to double check with you that the credit could not be applied toward brunch at Palo's (rather than just forfeiting the credit)
I am sorry that you are not able to use your Palo credit for brunch. The Wedding package entitlement is for Palo dinner only. That is fine if you do not wish to dine at Palo for dinner but unfortunately the entitlement cannot be substituted.

-I'm planning on selecting the oceanfront elegance option for my bridal bouquet. I was told we could substitute a white calla lily in lieu of the white rose, but would we be able to get a white calla lily with a sprig of hydrangea (to match my bouquet a bit better)?
I will be happy to make that request for the boutonniere (to add the sprig of hydrangea to the white calla lily). Please indicate this request on your Planning Guide. When I receive your completed planning guide we will be speaking to go over your selections. By the time we speak I should have heard back from Disney Cruise Line if making this alteration to the boutonniere will be possible.

-We have placed an order for a custom clay cake topper to use on the wedding cake. Unfortunately, it will not be completed in time to enclose a photo of it with the Planning Guide. Would it be possible to enclose a photo of a similar topper? It will meet the required dimensions.
Yes, providing a photo of a similar cake topper (same dimensions) will be just fine.

-We're currently trying to select songs for the ceremony. I know this is a bit of a long shot, but would you be able to give me a rough estimate of the length of the aisle?
I don't have the specific length of the aisle but one song is more than enough time for quite a few people to walk down the aisle. So I would suggest maybe selecting a prelude song and then maybe a Bridal Party entrance song. Parents/Grandparents could also walk in the prelude or the beginning of the Bridal Party song.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #282
dclwonderprincess
Mouseketeer

I found the Disney wedding podcast to be really use and gave lots of good info too
Old 08-21-2012, 10:55 PM   #283
Evi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckledginger View Post
Emailed some questions to Meredith this past week, and thought I would pass along the responses in case they are useful to anyone else. Hope everyone is doing well

-My travel agent, a previous DCL bride, said that you can use your Palo credit for brunch in lieu of dinner. However, when I looked on the Planning Guide, it said the credit could only be used for dinner. We're planning on dining at Remy's instead of Palos, and I just wanted to double check with you that the credit could not be applied toward brunch at Palo's (rather than just forfeiting the credit)
I am sorry that you are not able to use your Palo credit for brunch. The Wedding package entitlement is for Palo dinner only. That is fine if you do not wish to dine at Palo for dinner but unfortunately the entitlement cannot be substituted.

-I'm planning on selecting the oceanfront elegance option for my bridal bouquet. I was told we could substitute a white calla lily in lieu of the white rose, but would we be able to get a white calla lily with a sprig of hydrangea (to match my bouquet a bit better)?
I will be happy to make that request for the boutonniere (to add the sprig of hydrangea to the white calla lily). Please indicate this request on your Planning Guide. When I receive your completed planning guide we will be speaking to go over your selections. By the time we speak I should have heard back from Disney Cruise Line if making this alteration to the boutonniere will be possible.

-We have placed an order for a custom clay cake topper to use on the wedding cake. Unfortunately, it will not be completed in time to enclose a photo of it with the Planning Guide. Would it be possible to enclose a photo of a similar topper? It will meet the required dimensions.
Yes, providing a photo of a similar cake topper (same dimensions) will be just fine.

-We're currently trying to select songs for the ceremony. I know this is a bit of a long shot, but would you be able to give me a rough estimate of the length of the aisle?
I don't have the specific length of the aisle but one song is more than enough time for quite a few people to walk down the aisle. So I would suggest maybe selecting a prelude song and then maybe a Bridal Party entrance song. Parents/Grandparents could also walk in the prelude or the beginning of the Bridal Party song.
Hi Ginger,

Thank you for sharing this update. I've also gotten different responses from Meredeth for stuff I had previously spoken with Shanda about. At this point I'm getting used to it. Not sure if thats a good thing though. What we decided to do was have an early dinner on first night of cruise at Palo's with just the parents and then wedding night with everyone at Royal Palace then on last night Df ad I will go to Remy's alone. I figure this would give us a little time alone since we do plan to spend lunch with everyone and we are doing a few pre cruise group park days with our guests who come down early.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:50 PM   #284
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi

Hi Ginger,

Thank you for sharing this update. I've also gotten different responses from Meredeth for stuff I had previously spoken with Shanda about. At this point I'm getting used to it. Not sure if thats a good thing though. What we decided to do was have an early dinner on first night of cruise at Palo's with just the parents and then wedding night with everyone at Royal Palace then on last night Df ad I will go to Remy's alone. I figure this would give us a little time alone since we do plan to spend lunch with everyone and we are doing a few pre cruise group park days with our guests who come down early.
I suppose part of it might just be DFTW's changing their DCL wedding policies, but it feels a bit confusing at times. Sigh...

I really like your dining plan, Evi! That seems like a good way to get to visit both restaurants. Might mention this to DF =)
Old 08-23-2012, 04:05 PM   #285
Evi
DIS Veteran

I thought I'd give you all a quick update, as some of you know I've been trying to plan a dessert party and though my window is far out I wasn't getting much info from private dining. I just spoke with Meredith and she said that she can coordinate having someone contact me to plan a desert party closer to the 9 months time frame and that it would be treated the same as an escape bride for planning purposes. I asked about coordinating a room block but unfortunately they have no way to do that right now. Now if only we could get annual passes instead of a cake topper (a girl can wish right lol). Just thought I'd share incase anyone else was trying to coordinate a dessert party and having same difficulty I was. I do think the more disney world related wedding events we can plan with the assistance of our coordinators will make life easier.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: