Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 11:20 AM   #871
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeatssr View Post
Hello all.... First of all, we'll be staying at BCV for the first time from 11/11-11/17, if you'd like to add our dates to the list.

I have a pool question. I read that the SAB hours are until 10pm. Is the slide open until then, or do lifeguards go off duty earlier and close the slide? I know at POR, the slide closes at 8pm, while the pool remainds open. We are surprising the kiddos with our BCV stay because they were so excited when they saw SAB while at CMC dinner last trip. They think we're staying at SSR the entire time,so it will be a huge surprise. I just want to make sure I know the details to make the most of the trip!!
The slide is open until SAB closes. When we were there in July it was 11 PM!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 08-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #872
ocalla
DIS Veteran

YCFan - I am so happy for you!

You need to celebrate=-------------another trip to YC, perhaps????

Glad you can finally breath,
Missy
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 11/14 - Split Stay???
Me DH DD22 DD16 Maud Marie

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #873
asaj
Mouseketeer

YCFAN, I am just getting back onto the forums after a 4 year hiatus from WDW trips...and I don't know you from Adam...but congratulations on the new gig! Like just about everybody else, I've ben laid off several times, and it's about as stressful as can be. Glad you are past it and I am sure you are relieved.

natebenma, whenever you get around to it, can you update our info on the BOG list? Our dates are 6/9/13-6/15/13. We are staying at BC, garden view, and it'll be me (DH), DW, and DD (13). Can't wait!

Thanks,
Andy

Old 08-21-2012, 11:34 AM   #874
cindydare
Mouseketeer

YC Fan----Congratulations on your promotion!!
Old 08-21-2012, 11:39 AM   #875
homeatssr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
The slide is open until SAB closes. When we were there in July it was 11 PM!
Awesome! Thanks!!
Old 08-21-2012, 11:47 AM   #876
skepace
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
As some of you know (and many of you do not) I have had an extremely stressful past 4 months. After 26 years in the same job, I was told my job was being eliminated and our plant was being complexed with another plant. I would have to apply for the position that would be over both plants and that the applications would be open to the entire company since this was happening across the entire nation within our company.

The process took forever but I am happy to report that I got the new position (a promotion) with twice as much responsibility (but only a little more pay). It certainly beats unemployment. I also figure I only have about 10 years of work life left and I didn't want to have to start over with pension, vacation, etc. I'm looking forward to the new challenge.

I want to thank all of you on this board that knew about it and offered moral and emotional support during this extremely stressful time. I also want to thank those of you that didn't know about it because this board was the one place I could go and completely get away from the stress.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the stories, trips, pictures and NinjaMom descriptions and hypothetical situations!!!! This board is so informational but also acts as a "get away." As the Pointer Sisters would say, "We are Family." Thanks for adopting me.

Congrats!

http://shawnpace.myoilproducts.com
Old 08-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #877
Katesdad
DIS Veteran

My two cents worth on these....

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
I forgot that I have access to an IPO. I've been making, canceling, and rebooking adr's like crazy. Do I need to email them to let them know of my changes? Will this mess up my reservation?
Your reservations are safe. You can either let IPO know you have ADRs or they will find out when they check you in as it is all in the Disney reservation system. I'd tell them sooner than later though. IMHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&C View Post
Does anybody know if the Alamo courtesy bus that takes you to the Car Care Centre runs to a schedule from the YC?
Love the question, don't know the answer so I'm bumping it to make sure it's not missed. Let us know what you find out if you would please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTheHorse View Post
Is online check-in necessary for YC?
IMHO, no, but I have seen lines there. If you have no questions about where you are staying or if your requests were met, do the Express check-in and hope there isn't someone in front of you that does have all these questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyrg View Post
I 'll arrive at YC by ME at 8 pm. What time does the front desk close ?
I have never seen it "closed". I have had to stand there a couple of times until someone in the back room came out but it never has been a long wait.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #878
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As some of you know (and many of you do not) I have had an extremely stressful past 4 months. After 26 years in the same job, I was told my job was being eliminated and our plant was being complexed with another plant. I would have to apply for the position that would be over both plants and that the applications would be open to the entire company since this was happening across the entire nation within our company.

The process took forever but I am happy to report that I got the new position (a promotion) with twice as much responsibility (but only a little more pay). It certainly beats unemployment. I also figure I only have about 10 years of work life left and I didn't want to have to start over with pension, vacation, etc. I'm looking forward to the new challenge.

I want to thank all of you on this board that knew about it and offered moral and emotional support during this extremely stressful time. I also want to thank those of you that didn't know about it because this board was the one place I could go and completely get away from the stress.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the stories, trips, pictures and NinjaMom descriptions and hypothetical situations!!!! This board is so informational but also acts as a "get away." As the Pointer Sisters would say, "We are Family." Thanks for adopting me.
I'm dancing to that song on my way to put my suitcases in the car to go to airport. So HAPPY for you!!!!!
Old 08-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #879
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyrg View Post
I 'll arrive at YC by ME at 8 pm.

What time does the front desk close ?

Thank you
It's open 24/7
Old 08-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #880
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7
YCFAN - YIPPIE SKIPPIE!!!!!! I am soooo happy for you.

Now we have to get to planning the 4th Annual BC/YC Meet since we are charter members!

You are so right about this thread being family.
Sounds like a plan!!

Thanks to everyone for your well wishes!!
Old 08-21-2012, 12:19 PM   #881
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS

I'm dancing to that song on my way to put my suitcases in the car to go to airport. So HAPPY for you!!!!!
Enjoy your trip!! Say hello to Jeanne and Lily for me! Thank you for ALL you do!
Old 08-21-2012, 12:33 PM   #882
Lifeisgood1
Earning My Ears

Thinking of moving our Sept. trip up to Labor Day weekend, wondering if anyone has been over Labor Day weekend and what they thought about the crowds?

Old 08-21-2012, 12:37 PM   #883
Lifeisgood1
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Congrats!

Old 08-21-2012, 12:43 PM   #884
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeisgood1
Thinking of moving our Sept. trip up to Labor Day weekend, wondering if anyone has been over Labor Day weekend and what they thought about the crowds?
I just looked into this last night. The crowd level is not horrible as most of the northern schools go back that week. I think it is mostly locals going for a long weekend. That said I pulled the extended forecast and it looks like a lot of storms and temps in the 90's with a heat index well above 100. We are also monitoring a storm in the Atlantic that may end up moving towards FL. Just some food for thought regarding Labor Day Weekend.

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 08-21-2012, 12:46 PM   #885
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN

Congrats on your new position! I agree that this board is great to just "get away" from the stresses of everyday life.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: