Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #271
scdufek
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinchiller

It's a grain-free, legume-free, low-sugar/carb diet. The idea is to get back to eating how our primal ancestors did. It's a diet heavy on vegetables, meat, and a bit of fruit and some nuts. The big difference between paleo and primal is that primal embraces fat either from the source, like with fatty cuts of meat, or through good oils, like coconut oil. Primal also allows for some dairy consumption. It's a bit more realistic and the biggest proponent of it even suggests an 80/20 ratio of primal to non-primal foods (though, the closer you get to 20, the less weight you will lose and the less good you will feel). While the diet is technically low-carb, it is low-carb naturally because you're getting your carbs from veggies and fruits, rather than carb-heavy breads, beans, and pastas.

Nearly everything I've read from people who follow the diet has been fantastic, that it makes them feel so much better.

I'm going to go ahead and give it a shot. The most I've got to lose is that I don't lose weight and/or I don't feel better. I'm spending the rest of this week and this weekend eating through our stash of non-primal friendly foods so I can start the Whole 30 program next week.

This is what my dh and I are doing! I love the taste of our food cooked in the unrefined coconut oil. In the 4 months we've been doing this, I have lost 33 inches overall and 25 pounds without even trying. I have only worked out a few times in the 4 months since starting and do need to add a little more. My dh has lost 30 inches overall and over 40 pounds with minimal exercise. Also, I have more energy and my several headaches a week are gone and no hypoglycemia attacks since doing this. Good luck!
scdufek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #272
chinchiller
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scdufek

This is what my dh and I are doing! I love the taste of our food cooked in the unrefined coconut oil. In the 4 months we've been doing this, I have lost 33 inches overall and 25 pounds without even trying. I have only worked out a few times in the 4 months since starting and do need to add a little more. My dh has lost 30 inches overall and over 40 pounds with minimal exercise. Also, I have more energy and my several headaches a week are gone and no hypoglycemia attacks since doing this. Good luck!
I decided to sort of start today instead of waiting until next week. I gained TWO pounds in four days of carb and grain heavy food and I felt miserable. I'm not following it exactly, but I'm trying to keep my carbs down until next week, when I will remove the grains as well. Today I've had two eggs cooked in butter, a bacon-wrapped chicken thigh, about 2.5 cups of broccoli (maybe 3, hard to judge when my daughter is swiping pieces from me), and tonight's dinner is tilapia (Panko topped, so there are some grains popping up) with green bean fries (more flour) and strawberries with a splash of heavy cream. I'm also drinking a Dt. Dew, which will be a no-no next week. I've hit the macro-nutrient goals I've set for myself so that makes me very happy.
chinchiller is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #273
scdufek
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinchiller

I decided to sort of start today instead of waiting until next week. I gained TWO pounds in four days of carb and grain heavy food and I felt miserable. I'm not following it exactly, but I'm trying to keep my carbs down until next week, when I will remove the grains as well. Today I've had two eggs cooked in butter, a bacon-wrapped chicken thigh, about 2.5 cups of broccoli (maybe 3, hard to judge when my daughter is swiping pieces from me), and tonight's dinner is tilapia (Panko topped, so there are some grains popping up) with green bean fries (more flour) and strawberries with a splash of heavy cream. I'm also drinking a Dt. Dew, which will be a no-no next week. My macro ratios are about perfect so that makes me very happy.
One thing I love about this way of eating is that I feel full all the time. Heavy cream has become my friend. Especially when wanting something a little sweet. Once I got rid of the sugars, pastas, and processed high carb foods, I haven't craved them at all. Keep us updated on your progress!:0)
scdufek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:23 PM   #274
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmikids View Post
sounds like everyone is doing fantastic! I am still at a 7 pound weight loss since starting this thread. I cannot figure out what to do. I am doing body by vi (protein shakes meal replacement for breakfast and lunch) workout everyday burning anywhere from 250-1000 calories. sticking to a 1200 calorie diet and still NOTHING!!! frustrating frustrating frustrating!!!!! Each morning I want to just quit working out and see if that helps me with the weightloss but then I feel guilty and end up doing it anyway
The only diet I had results with and what got me to the 7 pounds to begin with is Adkins... going to start it on Sunday.... here goes nothing again!
Sorry you aren't having much luck. I can't believe the Body by Vi isn't working either. I am loving the Body by Vi system. I had a rough week - as far as I was staying with a friend I only see a few times a year so we went out and had a few drinks and dinners. I'll be back on track tomorrow.
WDW: July 2006 - POR; December 2007 - POP; August 2008 - POP; June 2010 - ASMovies & POP; November 2010 - Global Resort Home; June 2011 - POP; October 2012 - ASMusic; June 2013 - CBR & AoA; October 2014 - Pop
DCL: June 2010 - Wonder; June 2012 - B2B Magic; December 2013/January 2014 - B2B Wonder; March 2014 - Dream; August 2015 - Wonder
ksloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:49 AM   #275
Gator Kate

DIS Veteran

My biggest frustration is that I can't let up on dieting for even one day or I gain back some weight. Happened again today, 1 lb. up from overeating yesterday. I'm not on a specific program, mainly smaller portions and fewer calories. I exercise daily, most often biking ( I like outdoor workouts :-). So, will be more vigilant today. Don't want the scale moving in the wrong direction!
Old 08-18-2012, 10:40 AM   #276
disprincessatheart
I was a Disney Bride 4.29.08

After a couple weeks of no movement I finally got past the 13 lb mark this morning and hit 14 lbs lost in 9.5 weeks! We are headed to the world 3 weeks from today, so I have to really push to get to 20 lbs before we go, but I'm really going to try! I haven't been following my points all that closely the last week, and i think I've been over doing some days and actually under eating other days, which is not good either. Last night I had the weirdest dinner (zucchini with cheese, baked potato, ice cream bar) but it seemed to do the trick - ok maybe it was 40 min on the elliptical three times this week and tracking my food the last 3 days....

My plan for the three weeks I have to go is To keep up with the elliptical more days than not and keep tracking my food. Fingers crossed!
Old 08-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #277
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Kate
My biggest frustration is that I can't let up on dieting for even one day or I gain back some weight. Happened again today, 1 lb. up from overeating yesterday. I'm not on a specific program, mainly smaller portions and fewer calories. I exercise daily, most often biking ( I like outdoor workouts :-). So, will be more vigilant today. Don't want the scale moving in the wrong direction!
Some times you have to shock your body. Like pig out for a couple days then go back to dieting. I wouldn't stop exercising just eat extra calories. Typically your body adjust within about 14-20 days, so eating whatever for 2-3 days will shock your body and starting burning fat again.
Leleluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:01 AM   #278
molitva
Mouseketeer

Recorded my weight today. I didn't lose anything over the week. The past few days, though, I incrased my calories from 1200 to 1400 to prepare for a more vigorious workout in P90x. It recommends I consume 2200 calories a day but I'm not willing to go that high. I'm hoping 1400 helps kickstart some more weightloss. 17lbs to go to my Dec goal weight.
molitva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:30 AM   #279
Jskbr
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitva
Recorded my weight today. I didn't lose anything over the week. The past few days, though, I incrased my calories from 1200 to 1400 to prepare for a more vigorious workout in P90x. It recommends I consume 2200 calories a day but I'm not willing to go that high. I'm hoping 1400 helps kickstart some more weightloss. 17lbs to go to my Dec goal weight.
You should try the amt of calories they say for a couple weeks and see if you get results. You dont want to short your body calories while doing P90x because it might hold on to the only calories your giving it. You have to feed those muscles! :0)
2010 Carribean Beach
2012 Offsite condo Celibrity Resorts
countdown to Dec 2014 pop? AOA?
Jskbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:22 AM   #280
molitva
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jskbr View Post
You should try the amt of calories they say for a couple weeks and see if you get results. You dont want to short your body calories while doing P90x because it might hold on to the only calories your giving it. You have to feed those muscles! :0)
I know that's a risk but this seems to be a big mental hurrdle for me lol I'm really regretting those 200 extra calories I put in this week. I decided that if after a week or two the scales aren't moving and I'm feeling like I don't have the energy for the workouts, I will increase the calories.

I'm actually excited about starting P90x. I was tempted to start it today, but figured I better finish out my 90 days of power 90 first, just so I can say I compeleted the whole thing.
molitva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #281
chinchiller
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scdufek

One thing I love about this way of eating is that I feel full all the time. Heavy cream has become my friend. Especially when wanting something a little sweet. Once I got rid of the sugars, pastas, and processed high carb foods, I haven't craved them at all. Keep us updated on your progress!:0)
Heavy cream has definitely become my friend. I love, love, love it with fruit (it gives it that heaviness it needs and cuts the tartness in berries, something I always used heaps of sugar for) and I'll usually make a quick cream sauce for my meat by combining the cream with the pan drippings and heating until it thickens. I'm eating way more green veggies now than ever before. I'm averaging two zucchinis, 10 pieces of asparagus, and half a head of romaine a day, all by myself.

Nearly all of my carbs are coming from two servings of fruit a day. I need to have one of those in the evening because my body is still having trouble kicking its reliance on carbs and a bit of fruit helps curb it until about lunch the next day. Eventually I'd like to get away from that and have fruit for lunch and dinner and maybe a snack of almonds at night.

By the way, those two pounds I gained right before the switch? I've lost three.

Edit: About half an hour after I posted this yesterday, my carb flu broke. I just sort of woke up and came out of a fog and I stopped having intense cravings for carbs. I had half as many carbs yesterday as the previous day and felt twice as good. Noodles still sound delicious, but I don't feel like I need to eat everything starchy in sight. I'm going to get to test out how this is making me feel tomorrow. We're going to Olive Garden with my parents. Carb-heavy and grain-heavy, yikes! Then Saturday, it's back on the bandwagon. Hopefully it won't be too big of a bump, especially since I've lost another pound! Down four in one week!

Last edited by chinchiller; 08-23-2012 at 11:29 AM.
chinchiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #282
Gator Kate

DIS Veteran

We must all be super busy as no one has posted in awhile. I'm holding steady at 10 lbs. lost since early July. I'm about 8 lbs. from my goal. It's slow goin' but I'm not giving up. Carry on fellow DIS dieters!
Old 08-25-2012, 06:58 PM   #283
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Still around, I'm 11 down, I weigh once a week...which seems like an eternity on the DIS! I measured today and I've lost 5 inches, most from my WAIST in the last month!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:35 AM   #284
Jskbr
Earning My Ears

Still here! Starting my 4th week on weight watchers/shakeology/turbo fire...down 8.5lbs and 2.5" from the waist! Feeling good! Keep up the great work everyone!
2010 Carribean Beach
2012 Offsite condo Celibrity Resorts
countdown to Dec 2014 pop? AOA?
Jskbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:58 AM   #285
DMOMof3
When will my DS14 ease up on this growth spurt?
I know I will get the help I need here

I'm in!

Taking measurements tonight & recording first weigh in tomorrow morning!
I won't make the 30 by October, but have to start somewhere.

I just signed up with myfitnesspal and will be posting my ticker tomorrow.
I'm setting my goal at 10lbs at a time.

I plan on donating clothes as soon as they get baggy, that way there will be no comfort clothes to slip back into.

Congrats to all that have lost so far! Keep up the good work!

ME 51 DD 27 DS 24 DD 22 DGS 8
DMOMof3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: